Thread: Axial Factory 6x6?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-23-2019, 11:12 AM   #21
SSD
RCC Addict

Default Re: Axial Factory 6x6?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JatoTheRipper View Post
-First it was the 1.9 Wraith. Most people had already done this conversion if they wanted one. Personally this is the only new Axial that has grabbed my attention. I'm awaiting the updated truck that doesn't have a fragile chassis.

Dont worry I will have a fix for you in about two weeks
SSD is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-23-2019, 11:39 AM   #22
Rock Stacker

Quote:
It's interesting that Axial is releasing stuff that people have already done in the past.

-First it was the 1.9 Wraith. Most people had already done this conversion if they wanted one. Personally this is the only new Axial that has grabbed my attention. I'm awaiting the updated truck that doesn't have a fragile chassis.
-Second the Dingo wheelbase SCX10 II. Most people didn't seem to want short trucks and I assume that's why it took so long to get a replacement.
-Third this 6x6 Chunimog. I'm guessing it will be the "UMG66". The OG SCX10 kit (not sure about the RTR) included pass through axles so many people made 6x6s. There are some cool 6x6s out there, but they are made by Cross RC.

Axial is recycling while the rest of the industry is improving. I wonder if this 6x6 is also a leftover idea from HobbiCo. I also wonder when Horizon is going to start putting their stamp on Axial. That's when I expect things to start changing at Axial for the better.

I literally just bought a used set of axles to make a scx10 6x6. Now I’m going to put that on temporary hold. Depending on the price and if it’s a kit I might get this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
SlagMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2019, 12:27 PM   #23
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
I also wonder when Horizon is going to start putting their stamp on Axial. That's when I expect things to start changing at Axial for the better.

Last edited by Natedog; 05-23-2019 at 07:30 PM.
Natedog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2019, 01:17 PM   #24
Rock Crawler

As long as this 6x6 isn't taking too many development resources away from the SMT10 re-release kit, I'm all for it.
TooOldForThis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2019, 07:52 PM   #25
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Trujillo View Post
#What6x6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Trujillo View Post
And no, you're not gonna get anything out of me on this one

You’ve said enough.

Honestly surprised it’s taken this long to have a production SCX10 6x6. So many have already built them but I think there’s a big population that want to buy vs build it.
calcagno45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2019, 01:22 AM   #26
RCC Addict

Quote:
It's interesting that Axial is releasing stuff that people have already done in the past.

-Third this 6x6 Chunimog. I'm guessing it will be the "UMG66". The OG SCX10 kit (not sure about the RTR) included pass through axles so many people made 6x6s.
Just cos "lots of people" build something before is no reason to not release a version of it now.
RR10 was first Axial that I'm aware of to come with a pass through rear cover.
Never seen any SCX, 10 or 10ii come with pass through axles.
Yes you could build OG SCX10 housings into a pass through but it wasn't 100% straight forward & was complicated by the upper link mounts missing on the 2nd axle & upside down on the 3rd.
Certainly beyond the levels of some parts of the market, which is no reason to ignore that market if you've already invested in the parts engineering.

Quote:
There are some cool 6x6s out there, but they are made by Cross RC.
The CrossRC trucks are definitely that higher level of scale compared to any SCX based multi axle rig. (Don't get me started on Bruder or Tamiya cabs on 5.7" 2.2s )
altd896 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2019, 01:37 AM   #27
Rock Crawler

Quote:

-Second the Dingo wheelbase SCX10 II. Most people didn't seem to want short trucks and I assume that's why it took so long to get a replacement.
-Third this 6x6 Chunimog. I'm guessing it will be the "UMG66". The OG SCX10 kit (not sure about the RTR) included pass through axles so many people made 6x6s. There are some cool 6x6s out there, but they are made by Cross RC.

Axial is recycling while the rest of the industry is improving. I wonder if this 6x6 is also a leftover idea from HobbiCo. I also wonder when Horizon is going to start putting their stamp on Axial. That's when I expect things to start changing at Axial for the better.

You are definitely Axials little rain cloud!!!!
distinctive pd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2019, 05:56 AM   #28
Quarry Creeper

I’d wondered why the UMG10 body parts tree had 4 door handles.
txbart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2019, 05:59 AM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by altd896 View Post
Just cos "lots of people" build something before is no reason to not release a version of it now.
RR10 was first Axial that I'm aware of to come with a pass through rear cover.
Never seen any SCX, 10 or 10ii come with pass through axles.
Yes you could build OG SCX10 housings into a pass through but it wasn't 100% straight forward & was complicated by the upper link mounts missing on the 2nd axle & upside down on the 3rd.
Certainly beyond the levels of some parts of the market, which is no reason to ignore that market if you've already invested in the parts engineering.
We shall see how popular it becomes. Axial stuff seems to be fairly popular no matter what they release despite the usual low quality.

Quote:
Originally Posted by distinctive pd View Post
You are definitely Axials little rain cloud!!!!
I just voice my honest opinion. I think Axial has been allowed to slide by with less than great products for far too long. It just doesn't make sense to me why people allow them to get away with cutting corners when other brands would be badgered over it. Lots of people, myself included (obviously) are just tired of it and have moved onto other brands. Even Axial's Facebook and Instagram posts are starting to get a lot of cynical posts. I just think I was tired of Axial long before most other people. But I haven't given up on them. I'd still try them again.

Personally, I'm looking forward to the SMT10 kit IF they give us something better than the weak AR60 axles.
JatoTheRipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2019, 06:16 AM   #30
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Lots of people, myself included (obviously) are just tired of it and have moved onto other brands. Even Axial's Facebook and Instagram posts are starting to get a lot of cynical posts.
Yeah but it feels like a lot of people hopping on the Axial bashing bandwagon because it's trendy.

Pretty much all the Axial internet hate follows the same script.

"Why did they make (insert new release)? They should make (insert product complainer wants regardless of if anyone else wants it) and bring back (insert old Axial product that didn't sell because no one wanted it). That is what the market really wants! Axial is so stupid!"
svt923 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2019, 06:28 AM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by svt923 View Post
Yeah but it feels like a lot of people hopping on the Axial bashing bandwagon because it's trendy.

Pretty much all the Axial internet hate follows the same script.

"Why did they make (insert new release)? They should make (insert product complainer wants regardless of if anyone else wants it) and bring back (insert old Axial product that didn't sell because no one wanted it). That is what the market really wants! Axial is so stupid!"
I think the Axial love is trendier than the Axial hate. I mean almost nobody cares about micros, but when the 1/24th Deadbolt was released it got so many "OMG this is so different and cool!!!!!!!!1" comments despite the fact that it looks similar to an ECX Barrage.
Old 05-24-2019, 06:58 AM   #32
I wanna be Dave

Default Axial Factory 6x6?

"Why did they make a Unimog? They should make my 1/18 Wraith and 1/18 Bomber and bring back parts support for my aging Exo Terra. That is what the market really wants! Axial is so stupid!"
Brake Weight is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2019, 07:01 AM   #33
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
I think the Axial love is trendier than the Axial hate. I mean almost nobody cares about micros, but when the 1/24th Deadbolt was released it got so many "OMG this is so different and cool!!!!!!!!1" comments despite the fact that it looks similar to an ECX Barrage.

To play Devil’s Advocate. The 1/24 scene is kinda coming around some. I don’t think the Axial 1/24 was a great idea but it will sell. At least the initial beta run will. It likely fall to the wayside like the Yeti Jr. did.
Old 05-24-2019, 07:22 AM   #34
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brake Weight View Post
bring back parts support for my aging Exo Terra. That is what the market really wants! Axial is so stupid!"
my kit is still new in box since im afraid to build it and break and not find parts or do find them and be price gouged.
goobs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2019, 07:26 AM   #35
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
I don't think the Axial love is a trend, it's been that way for a long time because of the deep brand loyalists. The recent trend is to backlash hard directly at Axial over anything for maximum attention. Not liking a product or brand isn't good enough anymore, Johnny Internet now has to go way out of his way to loudly shit on something so everyone knows his feelings.

I can't say what the market for micros is or isn't. If Axial sells a bazillion of them to people that won't hop on here or social media to talk about them, we (the internet know-nothings) assume no one bought them. Those of us that are passionate enough about RC to spend our free time talking/reading about RC are a terrible judge of the overall market.
svt923 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2019, 07:29 AM   #36
I wanna be Dave

Quote:

I can't say what the market for micros is or isn't. If Axial sells a bazillion of them to people that won't hop on here or social media to talk about them, we (the internet know-nothings) assume no one bought them. Those of us that are passionate enough about RC to spend our free time talking/reading about RC are a terrible judge of the overall market.

There will be enough data on these micros in the Micro section as soon as released. Several members have preordered and a few will do a non bias review.
Old 05-24-2019, 07:40 AM   #37

Quote:
I don't think the Axial love is a trend, it's been that way for a long time because of the deep brand loyalists. The recent trend is to backlash hard directly at Axial over anything for maximum attention. Not liking a product or brand isn't good enough anymore, Johnny Internet now has to go way out of his way to loudly shit on something so everyone knows his feelings.

I would strongly disagree. There are people that have to have whatever Axial releases. We'll agree to disagree on that one.

I 100% agree that those of us that are passionate about RC are terrible judges of the market!
Old 05-24-2019, 08:05 AM   #38
RCC Addict

Quote:
I 100% agree that those of us that are passionate about RC are terrible judges of the market!
yes and no, having worked in a hobby shop for 3+ years ive seen it all lol.

true diehards know what they want and make educated decisions.
however thats a small majority, 90%(maybe not that high) of people that buy rc do it based on price and impulsively.

i was getting to a point but i lost my train of thought....
goobs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2019, 09:20 AM   #39
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by goobs View Post
true diehards know what they want and make educated decisions.
however thats a small majority, 90%(maybe not that high) of people that buy rc do it based on price and impulsively.
You're both saying the same thing. The latest Axial releases might seem disappointing to me (a diehard internet know-nothing) but that doesn't mean a ton of people (a.k.a. "the market") won't buy a lot of them.
TooOldForThis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2019, 09:38 AM   #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brake Weight View Post
"Why did they make a Unimog? They should make my 1/18 Wraith and 1/18 Bomber and bring back parts support for my aging Exo Terra. That is what the market really wants! Axial is so stupid!"
Axial didn't make a Unimog. They made a UMG.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TooOldForThis View Post
The latest Axial releases might seem disappointing to me (a diehard internet know-nothing) but that doesn't mean a ton of people (a.k.a. "the market") won't buy a lot of them.
It may sell well. We'll probably never known because, as far as I know, no RC company releases sales numbers. If it's selling in two years at full price I'd say it was a successful micro. If not I'd call it a flop. That's just my 2 cents.

Axial Factory 6x6? - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Axial factory parts SuperDutyScaler General Scale Talk 2 06-17-2017 10:37 AM
Axial factory option parts. Badmunky Axial Yeti XL 7 11-14-2014 04:10 PM
Axial MOA OR factory dig tranny Krakker Axial AX-10 Scorpion 26 09-05-2009 04:31 PM