Notices

Thread: Whats up their sleeve ? VP

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-07-2019, 10:59 AM   #101
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: Whats up their sleeve ? VP

Quote:
Originally Posted by fr8cture View Post
It has an interior and molded plastic parts. It's not that bad compared to a $60 no extras proline body.
And Proline doesn't even have the decency to laser cut it for you like Vanquish does.
svt923 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-07-2019, 11:00 AM   #102
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by svt923 View Post
And Proline doesn't even have the decency to laser cut it for you like Vanquish does.
That too but at this point it's not a big deal to me.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
fr8cture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2019, 11:18 AM   #103
Im Brandon

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM9000 View Post
Not enough to make a huge difference on performance.

Take a look at toyzuki and classicutcustoms scale chassis. Take a look at what Erik did with his sporty that has 4 link panhard front and rear.

I like what you guys did with the new trans. Fashionably late though.

Sent from my LGMP260 using Tapatalk
Maybe because our chassis isn't a flat plate it looks like the height adjustments are minimal. Not that anybody would ever notice but our new VFD skid plate further increases the separation between the upper and lower links.

Thanks, we are excited about the direction we took with the VFD transmission as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinchu View Post
Got curious and looked up the VP "not scout" origin lexan body...
GADZOOKS MAN its not made of clear vibranium is it?!
And while I'm still on my "wrong side axle drop" even the origin is on the wrong side for a "not scout"
Sorry but for that much coin... Sheesh...
If you want just the body, uncut, with no molded parts or hardware, no interior, and a decal sheet that is not die-cut I can drop the price to $39.

However, we prefer to give our customers the absolute best product we can. So the Origin body includes the interior (which is technically an additional body, although smaller), the molded grill, light buckets, interior accessories, hardware, and 2 full decal sheets that are die cut and ready to apply.

The laser cutting process is not a cheap one either... I've trimmed enough bodies I can fully appreciate a pre-cut body thats done perfectly.

O yeah, the dash and interior are laser cut as well
Brandon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2019, 11:23 AM   #104
Gold Star Baby!

Is it possible to get it without the post holes cut?

This kit looks great, especially if the portals are true which it sure would make a lot of sense.
Attached Images

Topher Builds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2019, 11:33 AM   #105
I wanna be Dave

Yes to all the above.
Could we get JUST the body? What happens when it takes a tumble and everything else is fine? Id rather spend 40 than 100 at that point.
And yeah... PLEASE no body post holes!!! Yuck. People can ream those themselves. Dont even need lasers for that.
Its just bonkers to me its nearly hardbody priced.
Shinchu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2019, 11:39 AM   #106
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pant Danza View Post

This kit looks great, especially if the portals are true which it sure would make a lot of sense.
That doesn't look like portals to me and the picture from yesterday definitely wasn't portals.

Old 06-07-2019, 11:40 AM   #107
Im Brandon

Quote:

Yes, next batch wont have the body post holes cut in it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinchu View Post
Yes to all the above.
Could we get JUST the body? What happens when it takes a tumble and everything else is fine? Id rather spend 40 than 100 at that point.
And yeah... PLEASE no body post holes!!! Yuck. People can ream those themselves. Dont even need lasers for that.
Its just bonkers to me its nearly hardbody priced.
We're listening

Are you ok with purchasing the molded grill / components separately to complete the body? I guess if we sold just the body people could source their own grill, interior, ect. Ill see what we can do to make that an option in the near future.

Regarding taking a tumble. You mean scratching the paint or crushing the body? We are using the best Lexan we can course so you wont find it just falling apart from a tumble.
Old 06-07-2019, 11:50 AM   #108
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon View Post
We're listening

Are you ok with purchasing the molded grill / components separately to complete the body? I guess if we sold just the body people could source their own grill, interior, ect. Ill see what we can do to make that an option in the near future.
Awesome.

My Origin body has been very solid but I definitely see the interior and accessories being able to last through several bodies. It would be nice to just swap them into a new $40 outer shell when the old one gets too thrashed.
svt923 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2019, 11:52 AM   #109
Gold Star Baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fr8cture View Post
That doesn't look like portals to me and the picture from yesterday definitely wasn't portals.

Hmm. You’re right about that. Maybe offset f9 currie this time?

Quote:
Yes, next batch wont have the body post holes cut in it.
That’s great news
Topher Builds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2019, 11:57 AM   #110
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Hmm. You’re right about that. Maybe offset f9 currie this time?

That’s great news
Yeah it's an f9 for sure.

Old 06-07-2019, 11:58 AM   #111
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM9000 View Post
Not enough to make a huge difference on performance.

Take a look at toyzuki and classicutcustoms scale chassis. Take a look at what Erik did with his sporty that has 4 link panhard front and rear.

I like what you guys did with the new trans. Fashionably late though.

Yup. #verticalseparationmatters

The vs410 has better geometry but the axle (ar44 curries) not being able to increase the separation means there is still limited leverage on the chassis and squat numbers change quickly throughout the suspension cycle. More separation at both the axle and chassis means the numbers have less swing as the suspension cycles.

I had to change the rear axle on honcheato from a VP currie to an ssd so I could run a bad_rax upper link mount. Performance matters in the comp world, not so much in trailing.

WHITE-TRASH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2019, 12:17 PM   #112

D44 centered front axle coming from Vanquish!!
neruda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2019, 12:18 PM   #113
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by neruda View Post
D44 centered front axle coming from Vanquish!!
Why would they do that?

Old 06-07-2019, 12:24 PM   #114

Offset I mean... Sorry, too tired...

Front is offset, includes shafts. Rear is centered.
neruda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2019, 12:25 PM   #115
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by neruda View Post
Offset I mean... Sorry, too tired...
They just released them on the site today l. This pro version on pretty confident is a f9.

Old 06-07-2019, 12:29 PM   #116
I wanna be Dave

Hand that honcheeto to a vs4-10 owner and they may question why it performs better than thier vs4-10.

I might have this wrong or backwards, the closer together (axle side and chassis side) the lower and upper link mounts are the faster the suspension reacts. The farther apart the slower it reacts. Rig isnt twitchy with well seperated links.

A ax10 housing with a strc 4 link plate will have better link tuning than a fixed point on an axle housing. Please please please create a better link tunable axle housing.

Sent from my LGMP260 using Tapatalk
CM9000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2019, 12:29 PM   #117
Im Brandon

Quote:
Originally Posted by WHITE-TRASH View Post
Yup. #verticalseparationmatters

The vs410 has better geometry but the axle (ar44 curries) not being able to increase the separation means there is still limited leverage on the chassis and squat numbers change quickly throughout the suspension cycle. More separation at both the axle and chassis means the numbers have less swing as the suspension cycles.

I had to change the rear axle on honcheato from a VP currie to an ssd so I could run a bad_rax upper link mount. Performance matters in the comp world, not so much in trailing.
An optional F9 3rd member for the rear axle with taller link mounts isn't a bad idea... Front would be a new housing though and not needed.

We drive our rigs, and I personally haven't felt the need to increase separation at the axle. I drive side by side scale comp rigs often. But as I've said previously we're listening and if there is truly a need for something we will look into it.
Old 06-07-2019, 12:42 PM   #118
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
An optional F9 3rd member for the rear axle with taller link mounts isn't a bad idea... Front would be a new housing though and not needed.

We drive our rigs, and I personally haven't felt the need to increase separation at the axle. I drive side by side scale comp rigs often. But as I've said previously we're listening and if there is truly a need for something we will look into it.

Have Josh print something up and try it. I'm just some wanker on the internet so don't take my word as gospel, try new things and see where it takes you. You might like it, you might hate it. There are 3 basic geometry camps out there. Rear squat coupled with front anti dive, rear anti squat coupled with front dive and then neutral on both ends. None are best at everything so it absolutely depends on what you like vs your terrain.

Even a bracket tied into the threaded holes already on the ar44 rock jock housing and current upper link mount would be good enough to get a bunch of the rear axles put back in place. There are a bunch of local guys that pretty much copy everything I do so parts are getting changed regularly.
WHITE-TRASH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2019, 12:54 PM   #119
Im Brandon

Quote:
Originally Posted by WHITE-TRASH View Post
Have Josh print something up and try it. I'm just some wanker on the internet so don't take my word as gospel, try new things and see where it takes you. You might like it, you might hate it. There are 3 basic geometry camps out there. Rear squat coupled with front anti dive, rear anti squat coupled with front dive and then neutral on both ends. None are best at everything so it absolutely depends on what you like vs your terrain.

Even a bracket tied into the threaded holes already on the ar44 rock jock housing and current upper link mount would be good enough to get a bunch of the rear axles put back in place. There are a bunch of local guys that pretty much copy everything I do so parts are getting changed regularly.
Completely agree. I'm showing my humility here and listening 100%. I've been content with the standard to a fault it seems. I drive my rigs often but spend 10X more time behind the computer designing and coordinating manufacturing for new projects.

On the flip side, this new VS4-10 Pro is the most balanced and predictable rig I have in my stable. I will always be looking for ways to improve it, but mostly excited to just get it out and drive. I haven't been this happy with a setup in a long time and it comes out of the box this way
Old 06-07-2019, 12:55 PM   #120
I wanna be Dave

So when can we see that sweet f9 axle.

Whats up their sleeve ? VP - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
What's up their sleeve ? Frank211 General Scale Talk 15 04-19-2019 05:09 PM
Why Sleeve Linkage??? RTR104 Tires and Wheels 4 08-02-2018 10:05 AM
Something up my sleeve ubbb69 1.9 Scale Rigs 19 03-26-2010 02:36 PM