Notices

Thread: Whats up their sleeve ? VP

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-11-2019, 09:46 AM   #241
Im Brandon

Default Re: Whats up their sleeve ? VP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinchu View Post
Pretty sure he knows that, just saying it looks a bit much. I agree they look more at home on a trophy truck.
Just o-"pinion" ;)

But that said, Aaron Kaufmann used them on his scout build for king of hammers... And it was a half cab... Hint hint wink wink
The Origin Half-Cab body that was at KNK on the VS4-10 PRO chassis was a replica paint scheme from Aaron's KOH build

Now that the car is back I need to swap wheels/tires around and finish building it to be a true replica. Like I need another project

Quote:
Originally Posted by carpetfuzz17 View Post
I to would like to see the D44s just something about the look of them. I also must agree the F9s look slightly out of place but still works.

Brandon is there any pictures of the original body sitting on this Pro chassis???
Curious to see how it sits around the new bumpers. I am not a fan of the half cab and was looking for some ideas with the original body.
Some slight trimming at the front and rear bumper and it fits perfectly. Ill dig up some photos for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JatoTheRipper View Post
My thoughts exactly! It now has enough innovation to pique my interest. I may just buy a VS4-10 Pro for a fall/winter build.
Happy to hear that.
Brandon is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-11-2019, 09:54 AM   #242
Im Brandon

Today's post announcing Black and Clear will be available at the time of release.

I also painted some more bodies.
Attached Images

Old 06-11-2019, 09:57 AM   #243
Im Brandon

Quote:
I to would like to see the D44s just something about the look of them. I also must agree the F9s look slightly out of place but still works.

Brandon is there any pictures of the original body sitting on this Pro chassis???
Curious to see how it sits around the new bumpers. I am not a fan of the half cab and was looking for some ideas with the original body.
Here you go. I need to get more pics of my original VS4-10 with the new parts but you can see the bumpers.
Attached Images

Old 06-11-2019, 10:14 AM   #244
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon View Post
Here you go. I need to get more pics of my original VS4-10 with the new parts but you can see the bumpers.
Thank you so much Really like the look of that. Odd that it doesn't sit "flush" around the front bumper like the half can does. Is there a there reason for that being that the cab body is longer or different mounting locations?
carpetfuzz17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2019, 10:24 AM   #245

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM9000 View Post
If SSD can make a pumpkin out of plastic available... Im pretty sure it wouldnt be to hard for vanquish to release a similar product.

Gears already exsist.. So i dont wanna hear the "it will take a year to design"

A plastic option is nice.. But will the price be nice too?

Sent from my LGMP260 using Tapatalk
The problem with plastic is paying for a mold and then waiting for it to be developed. Extremely expensive. But that brings up a good question.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon View Post
Happy to hear that.

I'm fine with plastic sliders and bumpers. It reduces unnecessary weight that's higher off the ground. There's also the debate about plastic sliding better on rocks than aluminum which I tend to agree with, but not everybody does.

Now a question just for my own curiosity. Does Vanquish design and machine their own plastics molds or do you leave that to mold makers?
JatoTheRipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2019, 10:32 AM   #246
I wanna be Dave

in theory, one could buy the VS-410 rails and VFD, and put like... ANY axles under it? including SSD plastic D44? or... portals from any of the half dozen companies making them? (if you're into those... im not, just mentioning for the masses)
heck, throw some D60's under there and make a sick mud truck?? monster truck? hay bailer???

point is, get a VS-410 frame and VFD and build whatever you want! i just might... time (and my upcoming birthday funding of currently unknown amount) will determine what i do next...

*sidenote: i LOVE the look of that integrated fairlead! thanks for posting, Brandon.

Last edited by Shinchu; 06-11-2019 at 10:38 AM.
Shinchu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2019, 10:57 AM   #247
RCC Addict

Quote:
in theory, one could buy the VS-410 rails and VFD, and put like... ANY axles under it? including SSD plastic D44? or... portals from any of the half dozen companies making them? (if you're into those... im not, just mentioning for the masses)
heck, throw some D60's under there and make a sick mud truck?? monster truck? hay bailer???

point is, get a VS-410 frame and VFD and build whatever you want! i just might... time (and my upcoming birthday funding of currently unknown amount) will determine what i do next...

*sidenote: i LOVE the look of that integrated fairlead! thanks for posting, Brandon.
Thats wat im sayin sinchu. VS4-10 chassis n the VFD is wat im lookin to get. Hoping brandon chimes in with a price point on the VFD alone. The chassis is at a good price as far as im concerned

Sent from my SM-J327VPP using Tapatalk
indybama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2019, 11:06 AM   #248
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by indybama View Post
Thats wat im sayin sinchu. VS4-10 chassis n the VFD is wat im lookin to get. Hoping brandon chimes in with a price point on the VFD alone. The chassis is at a good price as far as im concerned

Sent from my SM-J327VPP using Tapatalk
I bought the chassis and though it to be good value for the cost. Hoping VFD will be available separately in the near future, it will make a really good indoor crawler for the up-coming winter that is only 5 months away. And it is official, we had fresh snow on the ground 9 months of the year, October 18 to June 19
sherbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2019, 11:07 AM   #249
I wanna be Dave

For those that want just the vfd what axles are you gonna use? Except the people that already have a vs4-10.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
fr8cture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2019, 11:07 AM   #250
I wanna be Dave

yup. then its just a question of axles.
i'd even be ok with a set of scx10 RTR takeoff D44's to drive on until i can save up another year for F9's lol

ok maybe not RTR's but you get my drift ;)
Old 06-11-2019, 11:08 AM   #251
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
yup. then its just a question of axles.
i'd even be ok with a set of scx10 RTR takeoff D44's to drive on until i can save up another year for F9's lol

ok maybe not RTR's but you get my drift ;)
You need an offset axles. That's why I'm asking.

Old 06-11-2019, 11:15 AM   #252
Go Buckeyes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fr8cture View Post
For those that want just the vfd what axles are you gonna use? Except the people that already have a vs4-10.

I was thinking TRX-4 axles. But if I could swing it, I'd like to get the VP portals.

I bought the VP Chassis Kit with the plan to use either one of these axles. Then get either an Element trans or a Super Shafty Bombproof trans.

Now that the VS4-10 Pro is going to be released at a great price, I may hold off on my chassis kit and get the Pro. Oh, what to do!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
B-MOW71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2019, 11:16 AM   #253
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-MOW71 View Post
I was thinking TRX-4 axles. But if I could swing it, I'd like to get the VP portals.

I bought the VP Chassis Kit with the plan to use either one of these axles. Then get either an Element trans or a Super Shafty Bombproof trans.

Now that the VS4-10 Pro is going to be released at a great price, I may hold off on my chassis kit and get the Pro. Oh, what to do!

Yeah vp portals won't work with the vfd. Trx4 probably would work.

Old 06-11-2019, 11:17 AM   #254
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
You need an offset axles. That's why I'm asking.

Codyboy might be releasing a special unit for the ascender guys. A ssdlux style axle will also work if the ssd link mount is retained.

CM9000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2019, 11:18 AM   #255
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM9000 View Post
Codyboy might be releasing a special unit for the ascender guys. A ssdlux style axle will also work if the ssd link mount is retained.

I'm thinking the upper link will probably need to be offset like vs4-10 axles too.

Old 06-11-2019, 11:23 AM   #256
Go Buckeyes!

Quote:
Yeah vp portals won't work with the vfd. Trx4 probably would work.

Yeah, I didn't type what I was thinking the right way! My build plans have changed many times in the past couple weeks.

Plan was VP portals with Element trans. TRX-4 axles with VFD.

But with the Pro being released, it might be cheaper just to buy this.

B-MOW71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2019, 12:16 PM   #257
I wanna be Dave

ohhh... didn't even think of that. ascender axles with CODYBOY offset and narrowed/brassed/unis… MMMMM that's a match made in heaven!

and Brandon... yeah i realized that weather'd half cab body looked familiar. and when that episode of his show aired i was like oh WOW i gotta build that someday in 1:10 scale!
so... since we both have the same idea i will watch yours closely, because there is no way i could finish before you hahaha
Old 06-11-2019, 12:29 PM   #258
Im Brandon

We took some measurements on the TRX4 front axle offset. It might work. Will require a bit of trimming on the VFD skid plate to clear the driveshaft but shouldn't interfere with the motor. The upper link should be another easy fix.

Quote:
Thank you so much Really like the look of that. Odd that it doesn't sit "flush" around the front bumper like the half can does. Is there a there reason for that being that the cab body is longer or different mounting locations?
Yeah... that was my poor trimming. Please ignore.
Old 06-11-2019, 12:35 PM   #259
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
ohhh... didn't even think of that. ascender axles with CODYBOY offset and narrowed/brassed/unis… MMMMM that's a match made in heaven!

and Brandon... yeah i realized that weather'd half cab body looked familiar. and when that episode of his show aired i was like oh WOW i gotta build that someday in 1:10 scale!
so... since we both have the same idea i will watch yours closely, because there is no way i could finish before you hahaha

We are still working on the design, I should be getting a proto type housing to work with in a few days! I already have the VP chassis. I think they are going to be a nice fit.
Ernie

Last edited by CODYBOY; 06-11-2019 at 12:38 PM.
CODYBOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2019, 02:19 PM   #260
I wanna be Dave

LIKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

maybe i need a VS410 chassis set and a VFD...

Whats up their sleeve ? VP - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
What's up their sleeve ? Frank211 General Scale Talk 15 04-19-2019 05:09 PM
Why Sleeve Linkage??? RTR104 Tires and Wheels 4 08-02-2018 10:05 AM
Something up my sleeve ubbb69 1.9 Scale Rigs 19 03-26-2010 02:36 PM
Nitro Sleeve Removal foxridersco05 Non Crawler RC's 13 12-23-2009 11:11 PM