RCCrawler Forums

RCCrawler Forums (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/)
-   General Crawlers (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/general-crawlers/)
-   -   Tamiya CC02! (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/general-crawlers/610663-tamiya-cc02.html)

gottorque 08-29-2019 08:08 PM

Re: Tamiya CC02!

Im one of the 5 people that wanted a gen two IFS car.

Dezertdirt 08-29-2019 10:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gottorque (Post 5959218)

you mean 6. I always hoped they would fix the brick and keep the ifs.

hillbillyrc 08-29-2019 10:20 PM

Nothing innovative imo
https://i.ibb.co/kKwhWTb/Screenshot-...9-21-17-27.png

More of under the body
https://tamiyablog.com/category/future-releases/

txbart 08-29-2019 11:47 PM

It’s just way more complicated than it needs to be.

svt923 08-30-2019 06:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by txbart (Post 5959239)

Isn't that Tamiya in a nutshell though? :lmao:

TooOldForThis 08-30-2019 06:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by svt923 (Post 5959259)

True dat. Tamiya always marches to their own drummer and this seems like a truck aimed at their superfans. Not that there's anything wrong with being a Tamiya superfan. But I see a lot of plastic and phillips heads on this thing so I don't know why an average Joe would choose this over what MST has had on the market for years already.

OSRC 08-30-2019 07:48 AM

I'll be getting one... Just cause I'm a Tamiya guy at heart. Never expected a "pro level" crawler from Tamiya, that's not how they operate. (Though they do make pretty good pro touring cars) I was hoping for an improved CC01 with IFS and some tweaks to the basic design, got to say I'm a little disappointed.

It'll be next to my various CC01's and 2 MST's. Got all the bases covered.

JatoTheRipper 08-30-2019 08:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by svt923 (Post 5959259)

Yep! German engineering straight from Japan. :lmao:

Natedog 08-30-2019 10:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dezertdirt (Post 5959232)
you mean 6. I always hoped they would fix the brick and keep the ifs.

7 lol :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by txbart (Post 5959239)

Standard Tamiya. :ror:"thumbsup"

Quote:

Originally Posted by TooOldForThis (Post 5959260)
True dat. Tamiya always marches to their own drummer and this seems like a truck aimed at their superfans. Not that there's anything wrong with being a Tamiya superfan. But I see a lot of plastic and phillips heads on this thing so I don't know why an average Joe would choose this over what MST has had on the market for years already.

X2 :cry:

Quote:

Originally Posted by OSRC (Post 5959273)
I'll be getting one... Just cause I'm a Tamiya guy at heart. Never expected a "pro level" crawler from Tamiya, that's not how they operate. (Though they do make pretty good pro touring cars) I was hoping for an improved CC01 with IFS and some tweaks to the basic design, got to say I'm a little disappointed.

Sweet, build thread and review to come!?!?!? "thumbsup" Lower axle mounts and suspension links remind me of LandCruiser FJ80.

Blaize 08-30-2019 12:12 PM

I am surprised it’s all new. I was fully expecting the same old cc01 chassis with portals from the 6x6 slapped on (though I suppose they would not work with the solid rear axle). I have an MST CMX already and I have no doubt it is better than this will be.

That said of course, I will most likely buy one, I even like the body. I have wanted a decent g-wagen for a while, but the TRX-4 one looks ridiculous and the old soft top CC01 shell doesn’t appeal either. Knowing Tamiya prices, I may as well buy the whole kit as I bet the body set will cost half as much as the kit anyway.

Jay-Em 08-30-2019 02:08 PM

The CFX, with all the plastic links and such, always felt like something Tamiya could have made, so I half-expected something like that to be the CC-02, especially because MST gets its bodies mainly from Tamiya. It’s exactly why I love the CFX.

Well.. idiosyncratic as ever, Tamiya came up with their own twist on the trailtruck-concept. I really like it, in a “I-have-a-weakness-for-all-plastic-Tamiya’s” kinda way. Will it blow everything out of the water at an Axial-fest? Ehh.. not really, no. You’ll probably get some emphatic looks and some snickering behind your back. Ah, well, as a Tamiya fan I’m used to that... :lmao:

Looking at it, though, I wouldn’t be too surprised if there’s a portal-equipped Tamiya CC-02 Unimog on the shelves by the end of this year. There’s a thought behind Tamiya’s habit of making part-bin models with stuff that fits on a wide range of their models. And after that about čvery CC-01 body will be re-released on this chassis.

Axles look a bit like compressed CR-01 axles, I’d say. And the heavily trussed plastic arms are só lovely weird Tamiya. Heh, They can make an ordinary solid-axle car look like some Anime space-mobile... Even the ginormous gearbox is só Tamiya. Gotta love those Japanese odd-balls..

A bunch of wheelbase options seem to be on the books too, looking at the shocktowers’ position and the left-over holes on the chassis-rail. Nice. Maybe we’ll see a ‘next-gen’ Blackfoot monster on this chassis. When it’s available, it’s the first thing I’m going to try...

Hmm. Streetprice around €220.- Not too bad.

Yonzariq 09-02-2019 03:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gottorque (Post 5959218)

Same, when I heard of CC-02, I was thinking of a nice new IFS next to my TRX4 and Cross RC.

Looks pretty nice, but in Tamiya style, again so much plastic....

zanthrax 09-02-2019 03:37 AM

Love the G-wagon body!
But the chassis doesn't look like it improves anything over the MXT CFX/CMX.
Just for that reason I'm in the 'should have been IFS' camp.

Cesco 09-12-2019 01:57 AM

I think we might look at this CC-02 the wrong way. This is not meant to be a crawler or a scaler in the sence of a Axial SCX10/SCX10 II, Traxxas TRX-4, Redcat Gen7/Gen8, Element RC Enduro, MST CFX/CMX/CFX-W etcetera. This is a improved version of the CC-01. So first let's have a look at that CC. Which stands for Cross Country. Looked it up on Google:

Quote:

What is a cross country car?
A cross country car is simply a jumped up version of a regular car. Take a normal car. Add body cladding. Increase ground clearance. Add a pretentious badge and you're good to go.
I think what we kinda aspect is a chassis that is at least capable of doing what a MST CFX / CMX / CFX-W can do. But Tamiya already has a chassis for that, the CR-01. It is not the best if you compare it to what is currently out there (it is outdated), but he, the do offer one.

I think we need to look at the CC-02 as a improved version of the CC-01, and it is simply a car that can go offroad, but is not meant to go rock climbing. It is like what Volvo and some others do with their Cross Country versions. They look a bit thougher, have more ground clearance, might have 4x4 drive, but that is it. So the CC-02 is more a scale looking car with some offroad capabilities, but not a 4x4 in the sence of what we expect. More in the field of rally ofroading.

What Tamiya needs to do is have a look at MST and other brands, what the market is asking for, make it scale and make a CR-02.

That's just the way I look at it. I might be wrong. I think I will add it to my collection, just because it has been a while that I bought a Tamiya and I think it is one of the best attemps of the G-Wagon body. But I am only gonna think of it as a car that can do off roading to some degree.

Sneetches 09-12-2019 02:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cesco (Post 5961713)
I think we might look at this CC-02 the wrong way. This is not meant to be a crawler or a scaler in the sence of a Axial SCX10/SCX10 II, Traxxas TRX-4, Redcat Gen7/Gen8, Element RC Enduro, MST CFX/CMX/CFX-W etcetera. This is a improved version of the CC-01. So first let's have a look at that CC. Which stands for Cross Country. Looked it up on Google:

I think this video is good idea of a "CC" vehicle:

<iframe width="1195" height="672" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/4WjpzubCoBo" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

HumboldtEF 09-12-2019 03:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cesco (Post 5961713)
So the CC-02 is more a scale looking car with some offroad capabilities, but not a 4x4 in the sence of what we expect. More in the field of rally ofroading.

....and then they put a hardcore offroader body on it lol

I understand what you're saying though, just though it was funny.

Jay-Em 09-15-2019 11:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HumboldtEF (Post 5961936)
....and then they put a hardcore offroader body on it lol

I understand what you're saying though, just though it was funny.

Ah, well. Tamiya has been doing that for a looong time. The first F150 wasn’t even 4x4, just a Sand Scorcher with a different body. Years later they put hardcore desert racing bodies on a souped-up TA-01. Good luck getting that one turning at speed without going all tumbleweed. :lmao:

All in all, I probably get a CC-02 ( but not with the Mercedes body. It’s one of the ugliest, boxiest bodies I’ve ever seen from a major manufacturer. Just not my thing,so to speak.) becŕuse it’s quirky, and doesn’t actually excel in ŕnything. If the axles are strong and of a good quality, who knows what ingenious builders come-up with....

durok 09-20-2019 01:41 PM

More details, lots of photos:

Tamiya | New CC-02 1/10 Mercedes-Benz G 500 4×4 Chassis @Coming Soon #58675 – Team rcMart Blog

http://blog.rcmart.com/wp-content/up...Soon-58675.jpg

Chassis by itself:

https://tamiyablog.com/wp-content/up...02-chassis.jpg

OSRC 09-20-2019 02:36 PM

Already have 1 on order. :)

860Crawler 09-20-2019 04:33 PM

Oh boy. Didn't think I was buying another kit any time soon

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk