RCCrawler Forums

RCCrawler Forums (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/)
-   General Crawlers (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/general-crawlers/)
-   -   New rig (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/general-crawlers/610962-new-rig.html)

gfrizz423 08-13-2019 07:40 PM

New rig

Axial Traxxas or sendero? I've been researching all of these and can't decide. Need help based off opinions of people who have experience with each of these please

Sent from my LML713DL using Tapatalk

JC3 08-14-2019 05:11 AM

Re: New rig

TRX4 hands down is the best value and performance combination available for the money right now. With some careful consideration to certain details and the addition of just a few add on's you'll be amazed at what the truck can do as a trail truck or crawler! Parts are available just about everywhere and the truck is virtually bulletproof. It is clearly overbuilt compared to the competition. If you look at it closely you will see that it was carefully and thoughtfully designed by Traxxas. Go for it!

gfrizz423 08-14-2019 05:56 AM

Which version of the trx4 do you prefer I kinda like the Blazer

Sent from my LML713DL using Tapatalk

odomandr 08-14-2019 06:00 AM

Pick the one you like the looks of. Can't go qorng with any of them

svt923 08-14-2019 08:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by odomandr (Post 5956210)
Pick the one you like the looks of. Can't go qorng with any of them

As an owner of multiple SCXIIs, an Element, and a TRX4, this is absolutely the correct answer.

They all have their little faults and areas that could be improved but generally perform well out of the box and have lots of options for customization.

JatoTheRipper 08-14-2019 12:21 PM

TRX-4 times 1,000.

The TRX-4 is the best out of the truck box at the moment, period.

WHITE-TRASH 08-14-2019 12:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JatoTheRipper (Post 5956262)
TRX-4 times 1,000.

The TRX-4 is the best out of the truck box at the moment, period.

For an all around trail and fun rig it's top notch for sure. Not much for a comp rig but not everyone is into that.

JatoTheRipper 08-14-2019 01:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WHITE-TRASH (Post 5956266)
For an all around trail and fun rig it's top notch for sure. Not much for a comp rig but not everyone is into that.

True. The TRX-4 is a tank, but that's also a good thing if you're not competing.

mikemcE 08-14-2019 02:51 PM

I'm gonna add a bit here.
I have the VS4
I have an SCX10ii

Both of those are my trucks. I've done a lot to both, and are very capable for trailing to comp. I think both are great rigs.

The TRX4 is a very popular truck, IF you want / like portals. Standard traxxas quality. Biggest gripe is High COG ( can be fixed)

Now after all that I bought my wife (noob) an Enduro kit, which I built simple for her. Comduro

2s, 1080 16t 5 pole Reedy........I did add some hard parts.

I ran it through my test area, and I was shocked at its abilities. Side ways and climbing, the 12%od shows its teeth, so easy to grab most lines!

I will say, talk to your buddies, try all 3 if you can.

JatoTheRipper 08-14-2019 05:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikemcE (Post 5956299)
I will say, talk to your buddies, BUY all 3 if you can.

I fixed it for ya! :mrgreen:

mikemcE 08-14-2019 07:58 PM

New rig

Well if he try’s all three, he will buy all three!

Hang up and Drive

cykb4117 08-14-2019 09:22 PM

I work at a hobby store part times for funs. Crawl at least once a week. The truck you should buy is the one you like the looks of. After that buy the enduro. Its better out of the box than the outdated scx10.2. Trx4 sport is a great choice also. Ditch the bumpers on both.

LSXGMC 08-15-2019 01:23 PM

Ultimately, if you aren't hard on your stuff, any platform will do just fine. Choose a body and some wheels/tires for the look you want, and enjoy the hobby. Knowing what your LHS has available for parts selection and availability should be a factor as well. It sucks if/when something breaks to have to order parts versus taking a drive and likely getting what you need to get back out there.

If you're into having the latest & greatest, and quality is important to you, I'd buy in this order:
1. Vanquish VS410 Pro
2. Traxxas TRX-4
3. Element Enduro (Kit version)
4. Axial SCX10-II (Kit version)

Discohair 08-15-2019 08:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WHITE-TRASH (Post 5956266)

Probably because I’m not too bright, my best C2 comp rig is my kid’s TRX4 and I’m building my wife a TRX4 comp rig....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WHITE-TRASH 08-15-2019 09:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Discohair (Post 5956565)
Probably because I’m not too bright, my best C2 comp rig is my kid’s TRX4 and I’m building my wife a TRX4 comp rig....

If everyone around you that competes has trx4s then it makes sense. My class 2 hasn't found a trx4 that it didn't beat yet. It isn't that a trx4 is bad, I'm a big fan of them. It's due to my class 2 being that much more capable than any trx4 I've ran across.

MaX-D 08-15-2019 10:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WHITE-TRASH (Post 5956571)
If everyone around you that competes has trx4s then it makes sense. My class 2 hasn't found a trx4 that it didn't beat yet. It isn't that a trx4 is bad, I'm a big fan of them. It's due to my class 2 being that much more capable than any trx4 I've ran across.

What is your class 2 truck? What do you drive?

Sent from my LM-G710VM using Tapatalk

Discohair 08-15-2019 10:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WHITE-TRASH (Post 5956571)

I run a 10.2 with similar mods to my kid’s TRX4 in C2 and the best I ever placed was when my kid was elsewhere and I ran his TRX4 lol

MaX-D 08-15-2019 10:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Discohair (Post 5956576)
I run a 10.2 with similar mods to my kid’s TRX4 in C2 and the best I ever placed was when my kid was elsewhere and I ran his TRX4 lol

Why do you think you did better with the trx4?

Sent from my LM-G710VM using Tapatalk

WHITE-TRASH 08-16-2019 07:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MaX-D (Post 5956574)
What is your class 2 truck? What do you drive?

10.2 based toyzuki V1 chassis.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Discohair (Post 5956576)

Your 10.2 isn't set up well if a trx4 is beating it. I have 2 trx4 rigs, one is pretty stock and can be seen in the upper right and one full blown toyzuki V3 on the bottom right. They are good rigs and the V3 is very capable especially compared to the stockish rig above it.

My C2 is bottom center. Nothing crazy just a good collection of parts and some tuning. As much as I'd like the C3 to beat it things just don't work out that way. :lol:

https://i537.photobucket.com/albums/...ps7ykryznq.jpg

MAC FAB 08-16-2019 07:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WHITE-TRASH (Post 5956608)
10.2 based toyzuki V1 chassis.

Your 10.2 isn't set up well if a trx4 is beating it. I have 2 trx4 rigs, one is pretty stock and can be seen in the upper right and one full blown toyzuki V3 on the bottom right. They are good rigs and the V3 is very capable especially compared to the stockish rig above it.

My C2 is bottom center. Nothing crazy just a good collection of parts and some tuning. As much as I'd like the C3 to beat it things just don't work out that way. :lol:

https://i537.photobucket.com/albums/...ps7ykryznq.jpg

I think some intervention is required here.......... nice collection. "thumbsup""thumbsup""thumbsup" Why do you not use stands to keep weight off the tires and shocks while in storage?