Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial Capra

Notices

Thread: Axial Capra

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-13-2019, 12:16 PM   #101
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: Axial Capra

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyluv View Post
Oh, man, I was going to say the same thing, about bewaring of posting any such comment making a comparison to the Bomber on Facebook, on any of the Capra product postings, because you'll get flamed. I'm not sorry to say, at first glance, it looks like a Bomber. I'm not saying, "It's just a smaller Bomber", but only that the appearance is reminiscent of the Bomber...aesthetics.
I think its a function of how into that style of truck you are.

If you are super into WERock or Ultra 4, you can probably spot all the differences immediately while someone who doesn't even casually follow those types of events wouldn't. Its just like how we all know someone that can't tell a Audi from a Hyundai if they were both 4 door sedans but someone with an interest in cars could rattle off a dozen differences without thinking.
svt923 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-15-2019, 04:59 AM   #102
RCC Addict

I wish the front axle would be off Center for more scale look. Cheers
Teng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2019, 01:10 PM   #103
Pebble Pounder

It looks like an interesting rig. I'm a fan of tube style vehicles, the Wraith was my second RC after a 1/16th Summit. Me and my pops actually both had mini summits and we went to some random park with no where to run fast with them (Which at the time I thought the prospect of crawling was boring.) We then found this little rocky gully and crawled around with them after that was I was totally sold on scaling/crawling. This looks nice because of the shrunken size being a 1.9 vs a 2.2 but with it having been designed with portals hopefully it wont be to top heavy and we still have that bonus clearance.. I'm not stressed about the durability of the axles or really anything in it because well its an Axial and the aftermarket for it should be awesome. I imagine you could probably already just swap in some vanquish portals if you wanted to drop the money from day one. I hope it's like my old wraith though where I can upgrade it over the course of a few years as needed until it's a beastly little crawling machine. The video they posted was pretty cool though I do wish it had more varied terrain like their old scx10 vids(Also a fan of the Tool/APC music in those. Just sayin)
GuyOverThere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2019, 02:51 PM   #104
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teng View Post
I wish the front axle would be off Center for more scale look. Cheers
There are a lot of buggy’s with center diff so really for what it is, it’s spot on
AWraith build is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2019, 10:07 PM   #105
Quarry Creeper

Slowly getting pulled in. Sigh.
punkindrublik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2019, 04:27 AM   #106
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by AWraith build View Post
There are a lot of buggy’s with center diff so really for what it is, it’s spot on
Great to know these. I have always thought front axles all are offset pumpkin?
Old 09-16-2019, 06:08 AM   #107
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teng View Post
Great to know these. I have always thought front axles all are offset pumpkin?

An advantage to having a centered pumpkin is that the axle shafts should fit either side. Especially in the 1:1 realm of trail repairs.
Brake Weight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2019, 06:48 AM   #108
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brake Weight View Post
An advantage to having a centered pumpkin is that the axle shafts should fit either side. Especially in the 1:1 realm of trail repairs.
I was going to say that too!! I know with the wraith I would break the short side for some reason at the u joint and had to buy a pair and I had a ton of long sides laying around. Yeah Dana 60 shafts are not light when your trying to lug a few around.
Old 09-16-2019, 09:58 AM   #109

Hypothetical question: Lets say someone wanted a 1.9 Wraith, but refuses to buy RTRs. Would the Capra be able to do 1.9 Wraith style "spirited trail driving." Or is the Capra strictly a 55 Turn motor technical crawler only? Thoughts would be appreciated.
MrFridayNight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2019, 11:12 AM   #110
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrFridayNight View Post
Hypothetical question: Lets say someone wanted a 1.9 Wraith, but refuses to buy RTRs. Would the Capra be able to do 1.9 Wraith style "spirited trail driving." Or is the Capra strictly a 55 Turn motor technical crawler only? Thoughts would be appreciated.
My guess with the xr width axles and the narrow light chassis it’s going to do anything a 1.9 wraith would do and more. Just have to power and gear according.
Old 09-16-2019, 11:20 AM   #111
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by AWraith build View Post
My guess with the xr width axles and the narrow light chassis it’s going to do anything a 1.9 wraith would do and more. Just have to power and gear according.

Yep. You can throw whatever motor you have in it once you’ve got it and then determine motor turn and/or pinion size after that. As the spur is a fixed size.

Or until the 3d printers get going making a new skid that’ll handle 550 motors....
Old 09-16-2019, 12:03 PM   #112
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Yep. You can throw whatever motor you have in it once you’ve got it and then determine motor turn and/or pinion size after that. As the spur is a fixed size.

Or until the 3d printers get going making a new skid that’ll handle 550 motors....
my guess is SVT and bowhouse already got minds turning on that
DukeMinnix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2019, 03:26 AM   #113
RCC Addict

Quote:

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 09-17-2019, 05:43 AM   #114
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by DukeMinnix View Post
my guess is SVT and bowhouse already got minds turning on that
Not really convinced that a 550 would be needed or even desirable with the light weight quoted. A HH Puller Pro 3500KV on 3S would work really well for both wheel speed and torque in something this size and would fit without mods.

Sent from my LG-H870DS using Tapatalk
bbrigg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2019, 06:25 AM   #115
I wanna be Dave

On the subject of motors, anyone considered a shorter outrunner with a lot more poles? 1000kV+/- on 3s should do it.

A quick fleaBay search turned up this 35x42mm 14 pole 1000kV motor with a 5mm shaft. Totally doable, IMO.
https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?m...2F172864364107

Then I remembered Holmes has some, too. Likely a better source and definitely better customer support than the other side of the planet.
https://holmeshobbies.com/motors/bru...er-series.html
Old 09-17-2019, 09:09 PM   #116
Rock Crawler

Well I just won one of these capras on FB as soon as it’s available. Been giving it some thought if I will keep it or sell it off for a bomber or wraith. But after looking at the videos of it it seems like it might be a cool rig. I will have to wait until I receive it and go from there

Last edited by 4X4 Freak; 09-18-2019 at 07:38 PM.
4X4 Freak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2019, 09:48 PM   #117
I wanna be Dave

A HH puller pro stubby would be sweet in this!

Sent from my LGMP260 using Tapatalk
CM9000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2019, 07:58 PM   #118
RCC Addict

Quote:
On the subject of motors, anyone considered a shorter outrunner with a lot more poles? 1000kV+/- on 3s should do it.

A quick fleaBay search turned up this 35x42mm 14 pole 1000kV motor with a 5mm shaft. Totally doable, IMO.
https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?m...2F172864364107

Then I remembered Holmes has some, too. Likely a better source and definitely better customer support than the other side of the planet.
https://holmeshobbies.com/motors/bru...er-series.html

Worth trying for the Chinese outrunner or for trail rig project
Old 09-20-2019, 03:32 AM   #119
Quarry Creeper

Has been written somewhere how wide the "body" is ? wondering if this can be accepted in Sorrca class3
rockspider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2019, 08:54 AM   #120

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockspider View Post
Has been written somewhere how wide the "body" is ? wondering if this can be accepted in Sorrca class3
You will have a better shot at getting that answer in this thread-> http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/gener...-buggy-25.html
Z06 Tony is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
axial, capra, crawler, goat, rig

Axial Capra - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
fun day at the (axial wraith rock race - scalers axial honcho - axial discovery) gionata78 Scale Videos! 1 08-06-2013 11:52 AM