Notices

Thread: Offical Traxxas TRX4 6x6

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-29-2019, 01:06 PM   #21
RCC Addict

Default Re: Offical Traxxas TRX4 6x6

Quote:
Originally Posted by soze View Post
They were pretty ruthless with this one LOL. Drop the news right before Axial 6x6 gets in stores.

Double whammy if they surprise us with a portal axled buggy right when the Axial Capra gets revealed.

They see blood... going for the jugular.
traxxas has the capability to do a tube chassis buggy. the tube work on the UDR is nice!
goobs is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-29-2019, 02:03 PM   #22
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
They were pretty ruthless with this one LOL. Drop the news right before Axial 6x6 gets in stores.

Double whammy if they surprise us with a portal axled buggy right when the Axial Capra gets revealed.

Makes me wonder how many of us were just waiting for the Axial 6x6 to hit the streets to buy it are now going to hold out for the TRX4 (seems like the 6x6 should be called the "TRX6").

The Axial rig does have a $150 price advantage, so if portals, the two-speed, or locking diffs are not important to you, there is a less expensive name-brand option.
Greatscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2019, 11:49 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by goobs View Post
SHHHHH dont ruin my plans to be the first!

Quote:

Traxxas is going in for the kill for sure! This vehicle was obviously in the planning stages long before the Axial 6 x 6 was announce, but there timing is still impeccable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by goobs View Post
traxxas has the capability to do a tube chassis buggy. the tube work on the UDR is nice!
Good point!
JatoTheRipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2019, 11:55 AM   #24
Rock Crawler

ehhh, Im still building my own out of ar60s I would never have used for anything else and a bunch of 2.2s I had laying around. The wife will have quite the monsterous plow 6x6 shortly.
DukeMinnix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2019, 12:02 PM   #25
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by DukeMinnix View Post
ehhh, Im still building my own out of ar60s I would never have used for anything else and a bunch of 2.2s I had laying around. The wife will have quite the monsterous plow 6x6 shortly.
I'm pretty sure everyone with AR60s at one point has thought about making a 6x6 with them. I prefer the width of those for a 6x6 for sure.
Sneetches is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2019, 12:14 PM   #26
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sneetches View Post
I'm pretty sure everyone with AR60s at one point has thought about making a 6x6 with them. I prefer the width of those for a 6x6 for sure.
No doubt. I was literally sitting at my bench one evening messing around while my wife did her beach body workout, we both have our areas downstairs so she works out and I wrench, I saw stack of 4 ar60s in different stages of upgrade from wraith and bombers, and thought to myself, why cannibalize one of my trucks for a plow truck for her when I have all the makings of a monster plow truck right here. At the time I even had my eye on a few spare scx10 chassis sets, which I still have, but decided on an actual 6x6 chassis instead.
Old 08-30-2019, 12:14 PM   #27
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by DukeMinnix View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sneetches View Post
Sadly I have been collecting parts for a 6x6 using AX10 axles for over a year. This has been my slow-motion build, I work on it a little bit, go to something else, work on it a little more, and so on... I have all axles, frame, transmission, and a few other parts. The center axle is fab'd up, and I was getting ready to lay out the frame and start working on the suspension. But, my latest build, my TRX4 Tonka tow truck, was an epic pain in the butt, and still needs work to be complete. Having my fair share of custom builds under my belt, and being burnt out from my latest build, I think I would like to just buy one, then modify it from there.
Old 08-30-2019, 12:19 PM   #28
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatscott View Post
Sadly I have been collecting parts for a 6x6 using AX10 axles for over a year. This has been my slow-motion build, I work on it a little bit, go to something else, work on it a little more, and so on... I have all axles, frame, transmission, and a few other parts. The center axle is fab'd up, and I was getting ready to lay out the frame and start working on the suspension. But, my latest build, my TRX4 Tonka tow truck, was an epic pain in the butt, and still needs work to be complete. Having my fair share of custom builds under my belt, and being burnt out from my latest build, I think I would like to just buy one, then modify it from there.
I get that too, I think if I was going to purchase one though I'd have to give that MRAP a look from whatever Chinese company that is. That thing is bad to the bone. If I could get my hands on the body and throw it on the running gear I have planned, I would be in love and my wife would lose her plow truck hahahahahaha
Old 08-30-2019, 12:33 PM   #29
RCC Addict

Id be one pissed off rc company , all cuz of traxxas! LOL, another grand slam by them!! LOL
Frank211 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2019, 01:56 PM   #30

Traxxas' preview page is saying it has 2.2" wheels? This is a typo right?
MrFridayNight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2019, 02:38 PM   #31
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrFridayNight View Post
Traxxas' preview page is saying it has 2.2" wheels? This is a typo right?
I was wondering but the tires do not look like the standard canyon trails. The sidewalls are dimpled.

Also, the regular 4 wheeled MB G500 supposedly has 2.6" wheels but the tires are just lower profile and similar OD to the regular canyon trails.

Last edited by mass-hole; 08-30-2019 at 02:42 PM.
mass-hole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2019, 04:01 PM   #32
I wanna be Dave

Most TRX-4 bodies are slightly larger in actual scale than other 1/10th competitors and look fine with 2.2" wheels, as long as you are running a tire with a overall O.D. of about 4.75" or under...

I have a pair of different 2.2 wheelsets for mine, but I wrapped one set in 2.2" RC4WD Dune T/As (which have pretty low-profile sidewalls) and the other in 1.9" RC4WD Ground Hawgs:
Attached Images

durok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2019, 05:26 PM   #33
Quarry Creeper

I don't know, the more I look at it the less I like it. getting the Axial 6x6. Have first dibs on my Lhs demo traxxas 6x6, we'll see
sgtlt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2019, 10:38 PM   #34
I wanna be Dave

Someone said the transmission and motor are bigger on the TRX6. From the pictures Traxxas posted, they look exactly the same... Anyone know?
Old 09-01-2019, 12:38 PM   #35
Quarry Creeper

someone just posted a first look on youtube at a demo truck and it was the same 550 motor and trans
sgtlt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2019, 06:45 AM   #36
Quarry Creeper

I wonder if they will come with the 9t pinion instead of the 11t.
I seen a lot of people burn up the 550 motor in thier TRX-4 due to inexperience with the 2 speed. I imagine a heavier, extra grippy 6x6 will be a lot harder on the motor in sand or hill climbs
Hardcoretam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2019, 11:33 AM   #37
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgtlt View Post
someone just posted a first look on youtube at a demo truck and it was the same 550 motor and trans
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZqE6YS8hP3Y

Looks like the same 550 motor, trans and same steering servo
Pabust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2019, 10:27 AM   #38
Rock Crawler

Love the 6x6. Just not the body. It would be awesome to put another body on it. Still waiting for traxxas to come out with something completely new for a scale, buggy, or crawler of some sort....one day right?
Levi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2019, 11:05 AM   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levi View Post
Love the 6x6. Just not the body. It would be awesome to put another body on it. Still waiting for traxxas to come out with something completely new for a scale, buggy, or crawler of some sort....one day right?
If you merge the information from "The Cub Report" of 7/1/19 and 8/19/19 it can be best guessed that Traxxas will soon release something entirely new with "...plenty of scale realism with perhaps a pinch of nitro."
MrFridayNight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2019, 12:15 PM   #40
RCC Addict

Some pics.... In the shops already

Sent from my LGMP450 using Tapatalk
Frank211 is offline   Reply With Quote

Offical Traxxas TRX4 6x6 - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Trx4 6x6 Evo93 Traxxas TRX-4 24 10-24-2021 11:42 AM
My Traxxas trx4 gaz Traxxas TRX-4 6 01-17-2018 01:37 PM