Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > General Crawlers

Notices

Thread: One more Backyard Crawler Course....

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-05-2019, 06:20 PM   #61
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: One more Backyard Crawler Course....

Quote:
Originally Posted by mv1985 View Post
I tried uploading a video from my cell thru tapatalk and it said it was too large a file. Any suggestions on how to correct that?
If your phone has built-in video editing ability, try lowering the resolution, and saving the "lower-quality" video under a specific name. Then, upload that file. Alternately, you'll have to upload to YouTube, then get a sharable link, and paste that link into a post in here.

~ More peace, love, laughter & kindness would make the world a MUCH better place
Panther6834 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-05-2019, 07:50 PM   #62
RCC Addict

I upload to youtube n then share the link for the vid. Then u dont have to lower the resolution n have poor quality vids.

Sent from my SM-J327VPP using Tapatalk
indybama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2019, 06:52 AM   #63
Pebble Pounder

Thanks indybama and panther for the uploading tips, will give it a shot
mv1985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2019, 04:32 PM   #64
Pebble Pounder

Haven't had a chance to upload any videos of the Crawler Course but I had the chance to add a few obstacles during the Thanksgiving holiday. Made a "V" rock wedge area similar to the one at a local crawler course. Did a test run with my Vaterra, not bad.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
Old 12-02-2019, 04:37 PM   #65
Pebble Pounder

My neighbor was getting rid of his landscape curb so I gladly accepted the donation
Made steps on the clay side of the mountain.

Old 12-03-2019, 07:04 AM   #66
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by hobbyjumper View Post
Really coming along nice. Have you told your spouse yet that you're doing this, or still waiting till they find it by accident?

Incidentally, my1985, not recommending this as permanent for a course as nice as yours, but I've been experimenting with temporary bridging using steel framing studs. Something y'all might want to incorporate. Dirt cheap, light, etc.

ps: I was about to push the post photos button, but decided not to pollute your thread.
Thanks hobbyjumper! The wife is quite happy, as long I as dress it up with shrubberry!
Feel free to post photos, would like to see what the steel framimg studs look like. I always welcome new ideas, comments and advice for the Crawler Course. Thank again!
Old 12-03-2019, 08:18 PM   #67
Pebble Pounder

Did not get the link but I did find the steel framing studs on google. Thanks!
Old 12-06-2019, 09:51 PM   #68
Pebble Pounder

Thanks for the link hobbyjumper
Old 12-07-2019, 05:28 PM   #69
I wanna be Dave

Looking really nice mv! I’ve been pretty well rained and snowed out from making any additional progress on mine.
mewalsh100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2019, 06:29 PM   #70
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by mewalsh100 View Post
Looking really nice mv! I’ve been pretty well rained and snowed out from making any additional progress on mine.
Thanks mewalsh! All I have left is adding some quarry rocks and make a video. It's been hard trying to finish it with the Holidays, work and family visits.
Old 12-08-2019, 01:35 PM   #71
I wanna be Dave

It's alway fun to see the backyard courses. I like your careful attention to realistic details and it doesn't detract from your yard as some do. It's nice to be able to walk out in the yard and burn down a pack. Enjoy ..

I built a BCC to test my comp trucks on in 2008. I used it weekly for a decade and just this fall I started to upgrade it. My wife an avid Gardner was originally worried about it becoming a distraction. So I always show her the more landscape friends ones and she liked yours. My new design incorporates much larger rock and a little more space than the last one. She just about had a kitten when the landscaper delivered the new rock. My marriage is still in tact and hopefully she'll like it when it's finished or I'll never hear the end of it.

I'll post pictures when its done in the spring as winter came early this year and the work has stopped.
Stormin2u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2019, 03:09 PM   #72
I wanna be Dave

This looks great, I am planning to do some concrete on my course after I finish school. So far my attempts have yielded pretty east trails with out much challenge. I have been watching two YouTube channels for ideas.
One of the you tubers is in these forums the other one makes rocks for swimming pools.

Rc gearheads
https://youtu.be/7e7MUuvsY1g

Dave Henderson
https://youtu.be/qSTKQQbwhwg

My usual rc playground at the lake
https://youtu.be/UCwjHNRoGoQ
Super hard to recreate the challenge...

My home track is not worth posting as it's mostly a pile of broken sidewalk pieces until I have time to buy and mix concrete and probably make the piles and hills bigger and steeper.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
Voodoobrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2019, 07:12 PM   #73
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormin2u View Post
It's alway fun to see the backyard courses. I like your careful attention to realistic details and it doesn't detract from your yard as some do. It's nice to be able to walk out in the yard and burn down a pack. Enjoy ..

I built a BCC to test my comp trucks on in 2008. I used it weekly for a decade and just this fall I started to upgrade it. My wife an avid Gardner was originally worried about it becoming a distraction. So I always show her the more landscape friends ones and she liked yours. My new design incorporates much larger rock and a little more space than the last one. She just about had a kitten when the landscaper delivered the new rock. My marriage is still in tact and hopefully she'll like it when it's finished or I'll never hear the end of it.

I'll post pictures when its done in the spring as winter came early this year and the work has stopped.
Thanks for the compliment Stormin2u Once I get the quarry rock in place, it should look more like a southwest scene, or at least that's what I'm hoping for! Looking forward to seeing pics of your BCC!
Old 12-08-2019, 07:28 PM   #74
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voodoobrew View Post
This looks great, I am planning to do some concrete on my course after I finish school. So far my attempts have yielded pretty east trails with out much challenge. I have been watching two YouTube channels for ideas.
One of the you tubers is in these forums the other one makes rocks for swimming pools.

Rc gearheads
https://youtu.be/7e7MUuvsY1g

Dave Henderson
https://youtu.be/qSTKQQbwhwg

My usual rc playground at the lake
https://youtu.be/UCwjHNRoGoQ
Super hard to recreate the challenge...

My home track is not worth posting as it's mostly a pile of broken sidewalk pieces until I have time to buy and mix concrete and probably make the piles and hills bigger and steeper.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
Thanks for the compliment and the youtube links Voodoobrew Good luck with your crawler course!
Old 12-08-2019, 07:49 PM   #75
Pebble Pounder

Brother In Law came over and did a little night crawling, thought I'd share a few pics.

Old 12-09-2019, 10:58 AM   #76
RCC Addict

I wonder about using concrete in a private backyard crawler course. Specifically, what happens when it comes time to sell the property in the future and the next owner does not want it there? Some of the backyard layouts I have seen incorporate pretty extensive sections of concrete. All this concrete is going to make the layout more permanent, in turn making it much more difficult and expensive to remove at some point in the future. Just something to consider.
Inspector86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2019, 11:45 AM   #77
Rock Crawler

Well you don't have to use concrete like in foundations, i have just draped it over dirt and stones or wood structures, so with a sledge hammer its pretty easy to break up, its far worse of you have a lot of big stones, that after 10 - 15 years of you getting older and weaker are pretty substantial by then.

This are some pics from when i build G scale railway in my friends garden, and hide 2 filters for his garden pond.
Worked fine with 1:24 scalers too.

Last edited by Peaker; 12-09-2019 at 11:48 AM.
Peaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2019, 07:46 PM   #78
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inspector86 View Post
I wonder about using concrete in a private backyard crawler course. Specifically, what happens when it comes time to sell the property in the future and the next owner does not want it there? Some of the backyard layouts I have seen incorporate pretty extensive sections of concrete. All this concrete is going to make the layout more permanent, in turn making it much more difficult and expensive to remove at some point in the future. Just something to consider.
Valid point Inspector86, however, this should be the last home for the wife and me. Getting ready to retire so I don't plan on going anywhere anytime soon. If for some unknown reason I have to move, I can have it cleared with a bobcat at minimal cost.
Old 12-09-2019, 07:51 PM   #79
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peaker View Post
Well you don't have to use concrete like in foundations, i have just draped it over dirt and stones or wood structures, so with a sledge hammer its pretty easy to break up, its far worse of you have a lot of big stones, that after 10 - 15 years of you getting older and weaker are pretty substantial by then.

This are some pics from when i build G scale railway in my friends garden, and hide 2 filters for his garden pond.
Worked fine with 1:24 scalers too.

Nice work Peaker! Like the way you used pressed board to make rock mountains!
Old 12-09-2019, 07:53 PM   #80
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by hobbyjumper View Post
Does this help your cause?

Wow hobbyjumper, that is impressive! Beautiful train layout

One more Backyard Crawler Course.... - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Backyard Crawler Course LooseMoose1978 General Crawlers 59 10-06-2017 10:13 AM
Backyard crawler course. Dan Thehomelessman Videos! 0 07-11-2017 03:15 PM
Backyard Crawler Course navycrawler Newbie General 22 09-10-2006 03:45 PM
backyard crawler maybe? yamaharider308a Tamiya TLT Crawlers 6 06-29-2006 08:03 PM
Backyard crawler! Lt. Dan General Crawlers 15 12-27-2005 06:46 PM