Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > General Crawlers

Notices

Thread: 518 Crawlers Indoor course

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-20-2019, 06:30 PM   #1

Default 518 Crawlers Indoor course

How many of you guys and girls get to run indoors during the winter? Last august i was approached by a group of people to rent some space at my building to do an indoor crawler course.. i had no clue what they were talking about haha... a little over a year later i am now part of the group and own 4 crawlers... here is some of what our course looks like... the course takes of most of the 2500sq ft building

https://imgur.com/4IB1iOK

https://imgur.com/QoVeSk0

https://imgur.com/VFiZrUI

https://imgur.com/VFiZrUI
slinky750 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-20-2019, 06:36 PM   #2
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: 518 Crawlers Indoor course

I have run that course, will be there this coming Saturday. Will you be there Slinky?

Last edited by sherbs; 11-20-2019 at 06:40 PM.
sherbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2019, 06:44 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherbs View Post
I have run that course, will be there this coming Saturday. Will you be there Slinky?
I am planning on it.. when is the last time you were there? we added a bunch of stuff.
Old 11-20-2019, 06:45 PM   #4
I wanna be Dave

We have two (at least, that I'm aware of) indoor crawler courses here in San Jose (California), but they're a LOT smaller (one is approx 6ft x 15ft, to give you an idea of how small). Just as we have a great indoor clay track for offering racing (NorCal Hobbies), I wish we had a great indoor crawler course.

Already having several off-road race vehicles, a few Traxxas vehicles, and one USGT car, I'm just getting started in crawling...first vehicle is an Axial Capra, while the second will either be an RC4WD Trail Finder 2, our a Vanquish VS4-10 Pro (the forever should be delivered shortly, while I Picked up the later last night). I already have an idea for a second Capra, and have been searching for a Twin Hammers kit.

~ More peace, love, laughter & kindness would make the world a MUCH better place
Panther6834 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2019, 06:48 PM   #5
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by slinky750 View Post
I am planning on it.. when is the last time you were there? we added a bunch of stuff.
Was there Saturday, love the water fall.
sherbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2019, 06:57 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panther6834 View Post
We have two (at least, that I'm aware of) indoor crawler courses here in San Jose (California), but they're a LOT smaller (one is approx 6ft x 15ft, to give you an idea of how small). Just as we have a great indoor clay track for offering racing (NorCal Hobbies), I wish we had a great indoor crawler course.

Already having several off-road race vehicles, a few Traxxas vehicles, and one USGT car, I'm just getting started in crawling...first vehicle is an Axial Capra, while the second will either be an RC4WD Trail Finder 2, our a Vanquish VS4-10 Pro (the forever should be delivered shortly, while I Picked up the later last night). I already have an idea for a second Capra, and have been searching for a Twin Hammers kit.

~ More peace, love, laughter & kindness would make the world a MUCH better place
but you guys don't get 3ft of snow and -30 in the winter lol... i also have a few race vehicles.. and a boat and some bashers ...its an addiction. My cousin just got the Capra, he had a deadbolt and likes the Capra better.
Old 11-20-2019, 06:58 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherbs View Post
Was there Saturday, love the water fall.
haha... i just figured out who you are.. i was in NH for a wedding last weekend.
Old 11-20-2019, 07:03 PM   #8
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by slinky750 View Post
but you guys don't get 3ft of snow and -30 in the winter lol... i also have a few race vehicles.. and a boat and some bashers ...its an addiction. My cousin just got the Capra, he had a deadbolt and likes the Capra better.
I couldn't be happier...the Capra is incredible. Think I made a great "first crawler" choice. As for the weather a year, we don't get snow, or -30° temps...but we do get PLENTY of rain, which crates mud (lots of mud), causes landslides, shuts down roads (and freeways, at times) etc. We have "winter weather"...just different "winter weather".

People think California is "fun in the sun" year-round. Trust me, it's not. And, as a professional chauffeur, I get to drive clients in that weather. It doesn't matter if I'm driving a sedan/SUV, or a motorcoach...the weather brings it's own set of "problems" to each.

Panther6834 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2019, 07:10 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panther6834 View Post
I couldn't be happier...the Capra is incredible. Think I made a great "first crawler" choice. As for the weather a year, we don't get snow, or -30° temps...but we do get PLENTY of rain, which crates mud (lots of mud), causes landslides, shuts down roads (and freeways, at times) etc. We have "winter weather"...just different "winter weather".

People think California is "fun in the sun" year-round. Trust me, it's not. And, as a professional chauffeur, I get to drive clients in that weather. It doesn't matter if I'm driving a sedan/SUV, or a motorcoach...the weather brings it's own set of "problems" to each.

you are very true that the season change...we just get all get different versions of it. I do enjoy the snow..but i could do without the cold!

518 Crawlers Indoor course - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
518 Crawlers scrooloose New York 2 10-18-2019 10:26 PM
2010 Twisted crawlers Indoor Results twistedone Competition Results 4 03-28-2010 05:29 PM
Twisted Crawlers of Michigan Indoor point series twistedone Competitions 0 10-10-2008 09:55 PM
RCP Crawlers Friday night Indoor Comps Rockpiledriver California 97 07-24-2008 02:31 PM