RCCrawler Forums

RCCrawler Forums (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/)
-   General Crawlers (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/general-crawlers/)
-   -   TRX6 New Color (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/general-crawlers/613623-trx6-new-color.html)

Rockin140 12-02-2019 12:18 PM

TRX6 New Color

TRX6 now in Metallic White...
https://traxxas.com/products/landing/trx6-g63/

mass-hole 12-02-2019 02:47 PM

Re: TRX6 New Color

I am a fan of the pearl/metallic whites. That is the color I painted my TRX4 sport kit body.

Voodoobrew 12-02-2019 09:19 PM

That would be sweet with a bedazzler!

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

fyrstormer 12-02-2019 10:14 PM

I like it. It's already a flashy design, why not shoot the moon? Not to mention, it would be impossible to lose track of it in underbrush.

smog 12-03-2019 08:18 AM

It’s definitely got some bling. Would have prefered to see Traxxas release it with a different body altogether. It might have been the nudge I need to pick one of these up.

psupaulb 12-06-2019 03:16 PM

I would really like to see a kit and of course different bodies

Greatscott 12-06-2019 07:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by psupaulb (Post 5981819)
I would really like to see a kit and of course different bodies

Ditto...

With Traxxas and Axial coming out with 6x6s, it would seem logical that a new body or two would follow.

I am not a fan of the white body, it just looks off to me. I bought the gun-metal body, and it is the one I like most out of the three.

I would love to see a builder's lit for this truck.

fyrstormer 12-11-2019 02:33 AM

No matter what body is released with a particular vehicle, someone is guaranteed to hate it and have no idea why the company would select that body when there are so many others to choose from. And then if they release kits without bodies, someone is guaranteed to complain that they have to go find a body that will fit correctly and paint it themselves. You realize there's no way they can make everyone happy, right?

If you want the kit-building experience, buy an RTR, take it apart, make the adjustments you deem necessary, and put it back together. Buying an RTR will save you one iteration of putting parts together only to take them apart again to make adjustments and add shims. I dunno about you, but cutting pieces off trees, trimming excess plastic, driving screws into un-threaded screw-holes, and re-assembling parts over and over until everything fits just-right was never the high point of building a kit for me anyway. I only care about kits to the extent that they include better parts than RTRs, but Traxxas doesn't include premium parts with the few kits they offer anyway, so there's really no benefit to buying a kit from them.

Greatscott 12-11-2019 06:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fyrstormer (Post 5982814)
No matter what body is released with a particular vehicle, someone is guaranteed to hate it and have no idea why the company would select that body when there are so many others to choose from. And then if they release kits without bodies, someone is guaranteed to complain that they have to go find a body that will fit correctly and paint it themselves. You realize there's no way they can make everyone happy, right?

If you want the kit-building experience, buy an RTR, take it apart, make the adjustments you deem necessary, and put it back together. Buying an RTR will save you one iteration of putting parts together only to take them apart again to make adjustments and add shims. I dunno about you, but cutting pieces off trees, trimming excess plastic, driving screws into un-threaded screw-holes, and re-assembling parts over and over until everything fits just-right was never the high point of building a kit for me anyway. I only care about kits to the extent that they include better parts than RTRs, but Traxxas doesn't include premium parts with the few kits they offer anyway, so there's really no benefit to buying a kit from them.

And you just proved yourself a good example, you like kits about as much as people don't like the new body color....

True, the parts in Traxxas' kits are exactly the same as what comes on the RTR, but for an RTR, Traxxas offers very good parts, so there would be little room to improve on the kits. This is unlike other manufacturers that put plastic links in their RTRs, and aluminum links in their kits, TRX4 RTR and kit comes with the good stuff from the get-go.

After making sure everything worked, I ripped the guts out of my TRX6 and put in my own electronics. So, $200 of the purchase price was immediately removed, a kit option allows me to save that $200 for the electronics I want.

fyrstormer 12-12-2019 01:30 PM

I removed the motor, ESC, receiver, and steering servo from my TRX-4 and TRX-6 after quick test runs also. And then I sold those parts on eBay for 5 cents less than the big-name vendors were selling them for. Stock Traxxas electronics are the most easy-to-sell RC parts I've ever listed on eBay. I got my money back to spend on premium electronics, someone got a 5-cent discount on stock electronics, and Traxxas didn't have the extra expense of stocking a kit alongside a RTR. I'm not saying RC kits are an inherently bad idea, I just don't see any particular value to offering this specific vehicle as a kit.