Default almost hammer time will axial be there

just woundering if axial is gona make a real showing at the hammers this year

also whats going on for the scalers this year
ferp420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-02-2020, 10:12 AM   #2
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: almost hammer time will axial be there

im sitting here watchin the races from my kitchen window any word on what axial is gona do this year i havent been to the lake bead since the opened the doors
Old 02-02-2020, 10:14 AM   #3
I wanna be Dave

live feed

https://youtu.be/gTs3Siui5t0
Old 02-02-2020, 11:57 PM   #4
RCC Addict

Yest I saw they will have a basic little course in their booth.
gottorque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2020, 04:30 AM   #5
Pebble Pounder

Not sure about Axial but I'll be there.
DeoreDX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2020, 09:43 AM   #6
RCC Addict

They are there.
Frank211 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2020, 10:24 AM   #7

So did Axial announce anything new? I'm guessing no. If they release anything new this year I'm betting it will be released at Axial Fest.
JatoTheRipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2020, 05:16 PM   #8
I wanna be Dave

i dident see anything new but i saw a few rigs ive never seen before so new to me they also have a bunch of other horizon brands there also
they got the big semi trailer out there and the axial rv is up there and they did do a little crawler course set up its alot simpler than some in the past but its still nice they set all that up
Old 02-10-2020, 09:55 AM   #9
Pebble Pounder

Honestly very underwhelming. A nice little crawler course. Maybe a dozen different vehicles sitting out. 4-5 demo crawlers (Mostly Capras but I didn't look too hard at that table). In the "For sale" show table there was a capra, Honco, Yeti Jr, a couple of ECX crawlers (including the Micro) and several SCT's. All had hand written note cards with the prices next to them. Usually when you enter a Vendor tent/booth/area and start touching and feeling the product the people in the vendor tents will make an effort to engage engage you, ask you if you have any questions, start showing off the product, telling you about their lineups etc. This felt more like a merchandise tent where you go up to the counter, say "I want this" and they will sell it to you, except you go up to the coutner wait several minutes while the guys working the booth are huddled in the back ignoring most everyone in their vendor area. I picked up every vehicle on the table and not a single person asked me if I had any questions or tried to engage me on their product. With the underwhelming selection there was zero information on the other crawlers or any of the options they had available. If I didn't own an SCX24 you wouldn't know it existed by visiting their booth. Or that you can get upgrade parts for any of their crawlers. Or any of the various configurations the SCX10-2 comes in. etc.

DeoreDX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2020, 05:03 PM   #10
I wanna be Dave

So what I'm hearing is that Axial is at the hammers, but no big comp or new releases?
meatmonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2020, 09:12 AM   #11
Pebble Pounder

I chatted with a young guy at the Axial booth. Good engagement. Just young ones rc-ing on the minimal course.
My group went to chocolate thunder section where there is a massive hillside with endless rock crawling.
Not much interest in the rc hobby there. Most turned their heads lol.
I enjoyed my time on a killer hillside, although my own aging (admittedly) friends took zero interest...
So... I had a great time at Hammers, ran my Powerwagon successfully and thats that!
Attached Images

Last edited by Maxxamillion; 02-11-2020 at 09:40 AM.
Maxxamillion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2020, 09:28 AM   #12
I wanna be Dave

ckrc did a great job at the hammers they realy raised the bar in past that just about anything short of what they did is just disapointing but horizon tried this year way better then last year maybe next year they will have it together but the way ckrc ran the booth will be a hard act to follow they always had something going on a race or a crawl or something that drew people in to there booth
if it wasent for.the hammers i would still be running tamiya rigs i saw my first axial there and was hooked ever since
spent alot of money there on parts over the years and freinds bought rigs there i miss the repair services and the general energy in that booth it was like a mini axialfest this year was more like the walmart exsperiance
Old 02-11-2020, 01:35 PM   #13
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxxamillion View Post
I chatted with a young guy at the Axial booth. Good engagement. Just young ones rc-ing on the minimal course.
My group went to chocolate thunder section where there is a massive hillside with endless rock crawling.
Not much interest in the rc hobby there. Most turned their heads lol.
I enjoyed my time on a killer hillside, although my own aging (admittedly) friends took zero interest...
So... I had a great time at Hammers, ran my Powerwagon successfully and thats that!
Wow! I have been seeing stuff all over instagram this week and I wish I could have been there lol. Slick rig too, the desert is so pretty imo and like you said, endless lines out there.
crawlinwithacat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2020, 04:29 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxxamillion View Post
Not much interest in the rc hobby there. Most turned their heads lol.rufus
i would still be running tamiya rigs i saw my first axial there and was hooked ever since spent alot of money there on parts over the years and freinds bought rigs there i miss the repair services and the general energy in that booth it was like a mini axialfest this year

Last edited by Joselien; 03-24-2020 at 03:16 AM.
Joselien is offline   Reply With Quote

almost hammer time will axial be there - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Time Bomb's Fastback Hammer TimeBomb572 Vaterra Twin Hammers 4 03-22-2016 11:13 AM
LTB's hammer time littletoyboy Vaterra Twin Hammers 6 04-16-2014 06:41 PM
Hammer Time!!! Tgreer Vaterra Twin Hammers 17 03-30-2013 12:15 PM
Rckcrwlr is putting the Twin "Rck" Hammer down...time for some fun Rckcrwlr Vaterra Twin Hammers 2 02-20-2013 12:34 PM
Its Hammer Time! KRAWLR4life 2.2 Scale Rigs 10 02-12-2013 03:09 PM