Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > General Crawlers

Notices

Thread: No Parts Pit Bull Shocks!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-24-2020, 09:32 AM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default No Parts Pit Bull Shocks!

I ordered a set of the Kronik shocks to try on the Vanquish Ultra. Called Kim @ Pit Bull for a seal kit part number, there is not one, $180 set of shocks and they have not any seals or parts for them. Already have my Amain Return Auth. for when they arrive.
sherbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-24-2020, 09:46 AM   #2
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: No Parts Pit Bull Shocks!

That is unfortunate for a set that's so pricey, though I have taken measurements of O-rings on some shocks so I could order X-rings in the same size. That might be an option for you if you're up for it.
HumboldtEF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2020, 10:14 AM   #3
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by HumboldtEF View Post
That is unfortunate for a set that's so pricey, though I have taken measurements of O-rings on some shocks so I could order X-rings in the same size. That might be an option for you if you're up for it.
I thought of doing that but I was led to believe it was some new design so I'm not sure if I would find a replacement. Think I will buy something you can get parts for, any ideas for a quality 80mm shock?
Old 01-24-2020, 01:11 PM   #4
Gold Star Baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherbs View Post
I thought of doing that but I was led to believe it was some new design so I'm not sure if I would find a replacement. Think I will buy something you can get parts for, any ideas for a quality 80mm shock?
Don’t know how much of a rush you’re in, but I’m sure at some point VP will release the incision 80mm shock from the ultra kit, or perhaps you can find some take offs.

I believe Gmade has a piggy back 80mm shock, never used it myself but heard decent things about their shocks.
Topher Builds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2020, 01:15 PM   #5
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topher Builds View Post
Don’t know how much of a rush you’re in, but I’m sure at some point VP will release the incision 80mm shock from the ultra kit, or perhaps you can find some take offs.

I believe Gmade has a piggy back 80mm shock, never used it myself but heard decent things about their shocks.
I was going to take the Vanquish 80mm from the Ultra kit and put them on a Limited that I put portals on. And then the Pit Bull's on the new Ultra. guess I'll wait the the Incision's to come out seperate.
Old 01-25-2020, 12:03 AM   #6
RCC Addict

Just throwin this out there, maybe this might help
https://www.prolineracing.com/perfor...ebuild-kit.asp
They look exactly the same(well to me they do) as the pitbulls, might be an exact fit. Just a thought,please don't quote me on the PL kit working on/with the pitbull shocks. I wouldn't know for sure if they would work.
Frank211 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2020, 01:46 AM   #7
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank211 View Post
Just throwin this out there, maybe this might help
https://www.prolineracing.com/perfor...ebuild-kit.asp
They look exactly the same(well to me they do) as the pitbulls, might be an exact fit. Just a thought,please don't quote me on the PL kit working on/with the pitbull shocks. I wouldn't know for sure if they would work.
Thanks Frank for the idea. The shocks will be to me on Monday, I may just return them to AMain. Pit Bull did read my Facebook private message but for whatever reason has not responded to my question about seals/parts.
Old 01-29-2020, 01:35 PM   #8
Quarry Creeper

Well it has been 5 days since I re-messaged Pit Bull on spare parts for the shocks and nothing.
Old 01-29-2020, 01:59 PM   #9
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by HumboldtEF View Post

Wow, x2.
Natedog is offline   Reply With Quote

No Parts Pit Bull Shocks! - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Kronik Shocks - by Pit Bull RC - More lengths In Stock! RPP Hobby RPP Hobby 0 08-01-2019 10:29 AM
Coming Soon - Kronik Shocks from Pit Bull RC! RPP Hobby RPP Hobby 2 06-12-2019 10:44 AM
Starting off RPP Hobby's 12 Days of Christmas with Pit Bull RC 20% off all Pit Bull RPP Hobby RPP Hobby 0 12-03-2018 09:22 AM