Thread: Opinions please

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-20-2020, 11:53 AM   #21
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: Opinions please

Ha ha! They are so perdy though!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sneetches View Post
I'd only ever pick Redcat if it was the only option, otherwise TRX-4 every time. VP only if you really like staring at your axles while crawling.
el_Fernando is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-11-2020, 09:23 PM   #22
Rock Stacker

One more for the redcat. I love mine. I run a pack a day through it, and let my girls , 5 and 10, drive it on the rocks. We have our own boulder field out here and we haven't broken a thing.
triptherip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2020, 12:16 PM   #23
Rock Stacker

I purchased a TRX-4 Sport RTR 1 month ago (almost to the day, and I’ve run it every day since. I am having so much fun with it and would buy it again in a heartbeat.

I’ve been sort of tempted by Redcat’s sales lately, namely the Gen8 kit w/o wheels they were (are?) selling for $150. Maybe sometime down the road I’ll pick one up to have something to compare my TRX-4 Sport to. But again, incredibly happy with my Traxxas purchase.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
slothRC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2020, 02:56 PM   #24
I wanna be Dave

I picked up all the all TRX4 axle parts including the hardened parts and brass to build a very sweet set of axles on eBay. They went under a Brazin Scale "All Time Low' chassis. It weighs under six pounds and has beast like performance. It climbs like a mountain goat and has a low center of gravity for a portal axle rig so side hill climbs aren't an issue. Personally I love the Vanquish portals but they weren't available at that time. The availability of hop-up parts for the TRX4 axles is amazingly complete. The printed parts for the "ALT" chassis make for a killer combination. IMO its either the TRX4 or Vanquish axles and the Brazin "ALT" chassis is perfect for either set of axles to get maximum performance.
Stormin2u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2020, 03:15 PM   #25
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by damnitbubbles View Post
I havent found a place I need open diffs. ..........if you're going full speed and turn it will just tip right over so theres that.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
I think you found your answer for open diffs. Open them up at high speed and it makes a world of difference.
OnTheTrail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2020, 06:20 PM   #26
RCC Addict

Have the RedCat Gen 8 Axe rig. So far so good. Not changed anything from pulling it out of the box yet. Have shock oil now so I can tune them a bit. So far so good.

Portals been working just dandy as has the rest of the rig barring the shock tuning.
Timmahh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2020, 06:24 AM   #27
Rock Stacker

Timmahh, what shock oil are you going to run in the axe? I have a bottle of losi 35 weight but wasn't sure if it was too light or heavy. Just looking for opinions on what others are running
triptherip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2020, 09:46 AM   #28
RCC Addict

Not sure Trip. Picked up multi packs of some losi oil. Manual doesn't say what it is, but the consensus seems to suggest the stock oil is around 35w.
The front pair seem to be fine. Smooth, and solid, but one of my back seems a bit soft, plus it will sag quite a bit in the rear once on an an Eagle. If its 35w stock, then I will probably try a 40 or 45W and see how they handle. It's not bad, but sags out too fast. Maybe there is a lil air in the one rear shock too. Not having any oil, i didn't want to open them up.

Our place is most trailing not rocks. Getting there, but atm, we gots nearly all dirt. lol Once on the actual rocks, all bets are off. heh
Timmahh is offline   Reply With Quote

Opinions please - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Need some opinions Briguy-01 Axial Wraith 10 02-12-2013 09:58 PM
opinions please gofaster427 General Scale Talk 5 09-17-2012 08:04 AM
any opinions? sabo_traxxas Traxxas Crawlers 4 12-14-2007 11:48 AM
i need opinions TeamDeweyRacing Tamiya Clod Buster 7 01-05-2007 10:52 PM
Your opinions Unholy Chit Chat 7 05-31-2006 02:16 PM