Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Chit Chat

Notices

Thread: First day, wow....

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-24-2020, 09:18 AM   #21
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: First day, wow....

Absolutely.! As I build up my Wraith, and this stupid virus passes, I want to attend some events to learn more.

Thanks. !

Quote:
Originally Posted by hobbyjumper View Post
Welcome, and good for you.

Just wait till this Covid mess is behind us, and you can meet up with a dozen like-minded individuals. Takes the fun to a new level. You will go home with a sore jaw from all the jibber jabber.
SteveB1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-24-2020, 12:32 PM   #22

I just got into RC crawling too. The other day my wife and I went to Calico Basin in west Las Vegas and I had an absolute blast learning how to use my Axial SCX10II Jeep Cherokee.

I look forward to meeting you and other Vegas residents likely when this whole shut down thing is over.

Awesome photos, your rig is SWEET!!
SteveReject is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2020, 12:42 PM   #23
Gold Star Baby!

Welcome to both of y’all!

I usually don’t suggest Facebook to people on RCC but since you two are local, you’re more than welcome to join a local group called Battle Born RC, if you have a Facebook. We post about meetups and other random things on there, which will pick up eventually as this blows over.

Calico basin is indeed a wonderful place
Topher Builds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2020, 12:49 PM   #24

I got an invite to that group from my friend Trevor Mcdonald, I love what I see there so far!

Calico is indeed a gem in this vast desert. I love this whole region.
Old 03-24-2020, 01:00 PM   #25
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveB1 View Post
Thanks all, I appreciate the comments.

Vegas is loaded with places. "Nevada contains forty-eight million acres of public land"

It's endless really, with everything from dried lake beds to mountains with pine trees. I mountain bike a lot and the places I have been are stunning. I actually got into RC only a few months ago as a way to stay entertained after a serious crash that really messed up my left arm. Well now I'm hooked pretty bad.

Been showing my two sons the hobby, and my 9 year old loves it a lot. We are starting on a rock garden this coming weekend out back!

I have some video and photos on my IG page; coffeeforkona if you want to see them.

I just want to thank everyone again for the help and sharing of the info. I appreciate the help.

Thata great there's lots of places to crawl around vegas. That sucks about your crash. Sometimes it happens unfortunately. I ride mountain too and road as well. I ride more with care than I use to. Taking care of the family and working two jobs I dont want to be out of work. I've crashed a good handful myself but nothing that I couldnt walk away from. Rc is a great hobby and you'll love it. Lots if good stuff out there. The rc hobby is like having bikes you can never have to much stuff lol.
Levi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2020, 02:01 PM   #26

Here's a photo my wife took while we were at Calico Basin. I can't wait to go back!!
Old 03-24-2020, 03:53 PM   #27
Quarry Creeper

Heck yeah...! For sure. Look me up on IG so we can connect: coffeeforkona Once this nonsense blows past, let's hook up for some crawling. Will be a good time for sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveReject View Post
I just got into RC crawling too. The other day my wife and I went to Calico Basin in west Las Vegas and I had an absolute blast learning how to use my Axial SCX10II Jeep Cherokee.

I look forward to meeting you and other Vegas residents likely when this whole shut down thing is over.

Awesome photos, your rig is SWEET!!
Old 03-24-2020, 03:56 PM   #28
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topher Builds View Post
Welcome to both of y’all!

I usually don’t suggest Facebook to people on RCC but since you two are local, you’re more than welcome to join a local group called Battle Born RC, if you have a Facebook. We post about meetups and other random things on there, which will pick up eventually as this blows over.

Calico basin is indeed a wonderful place

Absolutely. I don't do FB, but I'll look you up on IG. This is an amazing part of the country for crawling. Thanks for the invite; I appreciate it!

Old 03-24-2020, 04:04 PM   #29
Quarry Creeper

Thanks Levi,

Yeah I was training for an Enduro race and went over the bars in a rock garden last October. Last surgery finished up two months ago and I have about 50% use of my left arm. Broke quite a few bones and complete rotator cuff rebuild. It's really be a reality check for me; the ortho said at my age I no longer bounce but rather break. I did walk away from it, for 2.5 hours until I could get back to the road. By the grace of God, my friend Mark just happened to find me and get me back to his truck and to the ER. Changed my outlook on many questions I had before.

No kiddin...

Let's all get hooked up after this virus and crawl a bit. Gonna try to get back on the bike in another month. Still painful to get my hand up to the handlebars.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levi View Post
Thata great there's lots of places to crawl around vegas. That sucks about your crash. Sometimes it happens unfortunately. I ride mountain too and road as well. I ride more with care than I use to. Taking care of the family and working two jobs I dont want to be out of work. I've crashed a good handful myself but nothing that I couldnt walk away from. Rc is a great hobby and you'll love it. Lots if good stuff out there. The rc hobby is like having bikes you can never have to much stuff lol.
Old 03-30-2020, 08:21 PM   #30
RCC Addict

Great pictures! Looks like some awesome crawling spots you have. I sure miss the desert
Fricker08 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2020, 07:32 AM   #31

I'm so jealous of that terrain.
JatoTheRipper is offline   Reply With Quote

First day, wow.... - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
wow what a day....... hotrodsonoma Chit Chat 3 11-10-2011 05:09 PM
Wow sad day for the Chevy Motor guys binaryterror Chit Chat 14 12-24-2009 10:14 PM
2007 Memorial Day Pow-Wow drumbeater Chit Chat 3 05-29-2007 04:11 AM
for anyone that plays WoW or thinks people screaming about WoW is funny clod booster Chit Chat 24 12-22-2006 11:14 AM