RCCrawler Forums

RCCrawler Forums (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/)
-   General Crawlers (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/general-crawlers/)
-   -   Just picked up the UMG10 6x6 (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/general-crawlers/619453-just-picked-up-umg10-6x6.html)

soze 07-02-2020 02:58 PM

Just picked up the UMG10 6x6

I couldn't help it... just picked up the UMG10 6x6 with the 15% off at Amain.

I know the TRX6 performs better out of the box, but I felt like the price was right and at least it's got compatibility with my SCX10II parts and upgrades.

It's going to be a fun and interesting project.

Any current owners of the UMG10 6x6 out here with anything to watch out for or recommendations?

King Dork 07-02-2020 07:53 PM

Re: Just picked up the UMG10 6x6

Soze, anxious to see what you do to this beast! Your builds are always Grade A Awesome "thumbsup"

OSRC 07-03-2020 07:30 AM

Nice, I wasn't sure what to expect when I picked up my 6x6, but it is an absolute hoot to drive. Can't wait to see how it turns out!

Topher Builds 07-03-2020 07:53 AM

That’s an interesting coup right there. Looks like it works on the ford pick up rtr and the 1.9 wraith rtr and brings the wraith down to 280. I don’t need a new rig.... I don’t need a new rig.... I don’t need a new rig lol

Anyway, seriously good price on the 6x6. Hard to pass up there. I think you’ve seen the video where I ran my trx6 with a friend’s axial, the only thing that really stuck out to me is it seemed like the middle axle would float sometimes. Didn’t give it a good look over but I think it’s from the rear driveline angles. If you figure out a fix or improvement please keep us posted so I can share with my friend.

Looking forward to seeing the new beast in the stable. Nice grab "thumbsup"

xtreme4x2 07-07-2020 01:39 PM

If you plan on towing anything with it, add weight to the front. I have no other input, I only use my for towing with a HH 45t 550 can. Slow, but tows great.

soze 07-07-2020 02:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Topher Builds (Post 6032249)
That’s an interesting coup right there. Looks like it works on the ford pick up rtr and the 1.9 wraith rtr and brings the wraith down to 280. I don’t need a new rig.... I don’t need a new rig.... I don’t need a new rig lol

Anyway, seriously good price on the 6x6. Hard to pass up there. I think you’ve seen the video where I ran my trx6 with a friend’s axial, the only thing that really stuck out to me is it seemed like the middle axle would float sometimes. Didn’t give it a good look over but I think it’s from the rear driveline angles. If you figure out a fix or improvement please keep us posted so I can share with my friend.

Looking forward to seeing the new beast in the stable. Nice grab "thumbsup"

I have seen someone make a 3d printed mode for divorcing the 2 rear axles and making them work off of transfer cases. That frees up each axle to move more independently. I may look into that more.

Quote:

Originally Posted by xtreme4x2 (Post 6033025)
If you plan on towing anything with it, add weight to the front. I have no other input, I only use my for towing with a HH 45t 550 can. Slow, but tows great.

I definitely plan to add more weight up front with the UMG6x6 as I can mostly guess how it's going to behave. Definitely a lot that I can tinker with this platform as I basically have all the SCX10.2 mods at my disposal.

OnTheTrail 07-07-2020 02:22 PM

I vote you modify it with portals and share the results. "thumbsup"

xtreme4x2 07-07-2020 02:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by soze (Post 6033028)
I definitely plan to add more weight up front with the UMG6x6 as I can mostly guess how it's going to behave. Definitely a lot that I can tinker with this platform as I basically have all the SCX10.2 mods at my disposal.

I grabbed a aluminum rear "bumper" with tow hitch and shackles off Ebay. It was the easiest/best solution I could find for a solid hitch I look forward to seeing your build "thumbsup"

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Aluminum-Al...72.m2749.l2649