Notices

Thread: Shock Reccomendations?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-16-2020, 11:25 AM   #41
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: Shock Reccomendations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAC FAB View Post
1. How long of shocks do you need? 2. If you are bent on having a coil carrier and bypass at every corner, won't the double big bores look bigger than running double King Kongs there? 3. Simply run a coil carrier and tune the bypass with some sort of a bypass piston so it doesn't pack the shocks. Whoop Test video is at 35 mph, keep an eye on the roof on the car, stays pretty much flat. Slowed from the original upload settings, so you can see it working. Second video is the maiden voyage of V2, barely enough cage construction to run it. Again, watch the tires and watch the roof, pinned sections ~ 28 mph, slow stuff ~12 mph. Both cars are slow compression, fast rebound on the rear, 50/50 up front. Caviot to my program compared to your truck is I easily have twice your wheel travel to work with. have you considered AE SC-10 truck shocks? Emulsion and look like Fox shocks. Aluminum trailing arms out back for your truck are en vogue, I followed Justin Lofton's truck for 10 miles yesterday getting towed somewhere. Works of art. One final thought, for the application, weight is your friend, to an extent. Its easier to shock tune a heavier truck than a light one.

Those TA shocks look good, can you provide a link? I couldn't find the actual shocks, but I did find some springs that are soft enough for my needs, most other SC shocks don't seem to the softness of springs that I need.

Yeah, more weight is going to make the shock tuning a lot easier, and it'll make the truck perform better, but I'm not about to weld a tube chassis. I'll try to pile on some spring weight in some way, I'm installing a proline cage in the back, so that shoudl be a tiny bit more weight, although the element IFS probablu offsets that.
TITANIUM94010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links

Shock Reccomendations? - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
3s lipo motor reccomendations Yuendawg Axial Yeti 7 08-24-2016 09:13 PM
need reccomendations on a few things wttwoa Electronics 0 11-15-2009 07:53 PM
tranny reccomendations? savtraxx Axial AX-10 Scorpion 4 11-06-2009 10:23 PM
TX reccomendations sp4mike Newbie General 6 04-25-2008 04:28 PM