Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > General Crawlers

Notices

Thread: TRX4 HoneyBee Comp Crawler #1

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-19-2020, 07:42 AM   #1
Rock Crawler

Default TRX4 HoneyBee Comp Crawler #1

Here is one of 4 of my trail scale crawler projects that I’m working on and I finally almost have it where I want it on visuals and on scale capacity this is the first cab body that I’m using I’m in love with just the cab body made some really great modifications and this rig is running so solid and I still have to install a Holmes hobbies BR-XL ESC and swap the Reefs Raw 500 servo (insane) to a Reefs 777 direct to battery power!
Comments please...
Keep Building Keep Buzzing����

Parts list on the Honey Crawler��
Holmes Hobbies Custom Pro 20 t motor
Holmes Hobbies BR-XL ESC (Next install)
Reefs RC 777 servo (Next install)
Hot Racing (all around)(overdrive gear in front & stock in back)(driveshafts)(shocks) (etc)
Yeah Racing (diff covers and brass wheel hexes & steel portal gears)
Samix Titanium high clearance links
Gearhead Ez lock trail king Wheels (Installing gearhead black 12pack ezlock wheels)
Wertymade stubby chino edition bumper
DSM off road (bungee hook clamp)

Buzz Buzz....
Attached Images

Last edited by Honeyman108; 10-19-2020 at 01:06 PM.
Honeyman108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-19-2020, 07:50 AM   #2
RCC Addict

Default Re: TRX4 HoneyBee Comp Crawler #1

"LIKE"

Looks good. Can't wait to see it all scraped up!
Phildirt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2020, 07:58 AM   #3
Rock Crawler

Yeah I got to get a picture of the bottom it is pretty scraped up on the bottom believe it or not the heart racing stuff holds up pretty well in my backyard I have a pretty difficult course but it’s not rocks it’s a lot of bricks so I will post a picture of the bottom scrapes soon thanks for the comment buzz...
Old 10-19-2020, 11:11 AM   #4
I wanna be Dave

Default TRX4 HoneyBee Comp Crawler #1

I am doing something pretty similar on my TRX4 body wise. I am using the Bronco body as an F250 Cab and making a bed. Only have one problem, and that’s the battery location. Are you running a shorty pack in the battery tray over the motor, or a full size?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
ScaleLifeNewbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2020, 12:47 PM   #5
Rock Crawler

Hey man aloha so nice to hear from somebody from the big Island I go to Maui very often to see my yoga teachers so wish I was there crawling with you yeah this rig is one of two TRX fours and I’m working on the other one is a four wheel steering but this one I did a lot of really cool modifications but as far as the battery I do use only Shorty batteries they’ve got them to the point where they’re so tiny and will give you between 30 minutes to an hour and 20 minutes of run time At full power and I get about an hour from a protek 3S 1400 mAh but has a pretty high discharge rate of 90c On this truck that weighs almost 7 lbs It moves it flawlessly!

Last edited by Honeyman108; 10-19-2020 at 01:02 PM.
Old 10-19-2020, 12:58 PM   #6
Rock Crawler

The shorty batteries I use are
ProTek LiPo 3s and 4s (very small batteries)
Reedy Wolfpack 3s LiPo (hard case is nice)
Gens Ace Adventure 3s LiPo

Check the photos attached...

These are all the batteries I actually use presently they all work great I’ve never had problems I check the voltages every single time and all my batteries if they don’t come with XT 60 plug I change it Used strictly XT 60 on everything ESC’s and batteries and even on my Bec’s are use an XT 30 plug...

Yeah and tonight I’m gonna put up a couple of posts on some wheels and tires that I’m doing and a scale table but I will add also the modifications I did on the truck on the body in the back with the Hot racing bumper mod in a couple of the other mods are used on this particular build.
Aloha Keep buzzing....
Attached Images

Old 10-19-2020, 01:01 PM   #7
Rock Crawler

Oh and yes on the battery mount used a Hot racing forward battery and servo mount and it’s working pretty good for me even though I think I wanna modify that also to be able to put the servo back in its original place if I wanted to but it works really really good Right now and the wertymade bumper completely protects the servo!
Attached Images

Old 10-19-2020, 01:08 PM   #8
Rock Crawler

More photos of inside and mods....
Buzzz buzzz
Old 10-19-2020, 01:11 PM   #9
Rock Crawler

Her ya go buzzzz
Attached Images

Old 10-22-2020, 06:44 PM   #10
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honeyman108 View Post
Hey man aloha so nice to hear from somebody from the big Island I go to Maui very often to see my yoga teachers so wish I was there crawling with you yeah this rig is one of two TRX fours and I’m working on the other one is a four wheel steering but this one I did a lot of really cool modifications but as far as the battery I do use only Shorty batteries they’ve got them to the point where they’re so tiny and will give you between 30 minutes to an hour and 20 minutes of run time At full power and I get about an hour from a protek 3S 1400 mAh but has a pretty high discharge rate of 90c On this truck that weighs almost 7 lbs It moves it flawlessly!

Aloha! Thank you man, I don’t know how I missed this.

Old 10-24-2020, 07:14 AM   #11
Rock Crawler

Default Re: TRX4 HoneyBee Comp Crawler Brass weights Hot Racing My Recipe

here is Honeymans brass weight combo that works for my rig best it keeps it low and on the ground during steep climbs up and down I used its my prescription and a spoonful of Honey....

Hot Racing Brass upgrades TRX-4
Heavy 76g Brass Knuckle Weight Rear Portal
Heavy 41g Brass Outer Portal Drive Housing
Heavy 70g Brass Differential Cover

Yeah Racing Upgrades TRX-4
TRX-4 12mm Brass Hex Adapter w/8mm Offset (4)
TRX-4 Brass Ball Head (4 Pieces) TRX4-036
Attached Images

Old 10-24-2020, 07:29 AM   #12
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
here is Honeymans brass weight combo that works for my rig best it keeps it low and on the ground during steep climbs up and down I used its my prescription and a spoonful of Honey....

Hot Racing Brass upgrades TRX-4
Heavy 76g Brass Knuckle Weight Rear Portal
Heavy 41g Brass Outer Portal Drive Housing
Heavy 70g Brass Differential Cover

Yeah Racing Upgrades TRX-4
TRX-4 12mm Brass Hex Adapter w/8mm Offset (4)
TRX-4 Brass Ball Head (4 Pieces) TRX4-036

I need some more offset in my rig! May pick up a set of those 8mm Hex adapters.

Also, rig is looking great with all the brass on the chassis.

Old 10-24-2020, 07:36 AM   #13
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScaleLifeNewbie View Post
I need some more offset in my rig! May pick up a set of those 8mm Hex adapters.

Also, rig is looking great with all the brass on the chassis.

these keep the truck on the ground but let it articulate really really well! I had the complete set of Hot Racing brass kit and it was too heavy and made the axles complicated to maintain and was too heavy so got this combo works great ill be putting a video up today or tomorrow so you can see the stability of this truck but its still a work in progress...Buzzzzzzz
Old 10-24-2020, 08:15 AM   #14
Rock Crawler

Default TRX4 HoneyBee Comp Crawler Body Post Modification Hot Racing

here are some detail photos of the post mount mod with hot racing post link 58mm and hot racing spacer pack it really looks nice its strong and the bungee wraps around nicely... capable & functional=$$$.
BUZZZZZZZ...
Attached Images

Old 10-24-2020, 04:39 PM   #15
Rock Crawler

Default Re: TRX4 HoneyBee Comp Crawler #1 Servo Madness Modification

The reason the word Madness is used is because I have been working on finding the best spot for the front servo as far as torque and steering on my TRX-4 comp build and its been making me crazy I have tried every mount every angle I have tried brass front servo bumper mounts you name it and the only thing that worked for a time being was the Hot Racing front servo Mounts that come with the front battery relocation tray now I did not want to get rid of that tray because that fixed all my previous issues with this rig and so I got crafty and decided to try to raise the tray and fit the servo horizontal and though im not quite done with this front modification I have parts on the way, but I scored a goal with this maybe a hat trick the install is so clean and flush but then the servo when mounted to the steering rod just was to powerful and aggressive on the body I was almost going to give up and then I took a breath and it came to me just try putting the steering rod behind the servo as soon as I did that Hallelujahhhh.... I have amazing set up can't wait to take it out ill keep ya posted below are ll the pics of parts and MOD... BEEMODS.......BUzzzzzzz

Yeah Racing Front Brass Servo bumper mount USELESS...(Will make your Rig Topple on hill climb I don't recommend brass any higher than the chassis....)
Serpent Side Servo mounts PRICELESS.....
Hot Racing M3 Thread Standoff Post Link ESSENTIAL FOR MODS....
Samix 25t Servo Horn TRX-4 BUZZZZZZ....
Attached Images

Old 10-24-2020, 06:46 PM   #16
Rock Crawler

Default Re: TRX4 HoneyBee Comp Crawler #1 REEFS RAW 500 Short Clip

here is a quick clip of this great servo! found the permanent spot for the front servo on this TRX-4 COMP Rig but this Reefs Servo has been giving me Joy for a couple months now without a flaw only the positioning was deterring its capabilities now its insanely capable at 7.4 volts but it can handle 8 volts but this servo is moving to my sister project same TRX4 Comp Rig four wheel steering and this rig will get the reefs 777 I got it in the mail now we need time.... Post will com soon.... Keep Buzzing... Buzzzzzz

Old 10-25-2020, 09:08 PM   #17
Rock Crawler

Default Re: TRX4 HoneyBee Comp Crawler #1 Servo Reefs RAW 500

here is a quick clip of this great servo! found the permanent spot for the front servo on this TRX-4 COMP Rig but this Reefs Servo has been giving me Joy for a couple months now without a flaw only the positioning was deterring its capabilities now its insanely capable at 7.4 volts but it can handle 8 volts but this servo is moving to my sister project same TRX4 Comp Rig four wheel steering and this rig will get the reefs 777 I got it in the mail now we need time.... Post will com soon.... Keep Buzzing... Buzzzzzz

Old 10-25-2020, 09:20 PM   #18
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: TRX4 HoneyBee Comp Crawler #1 Servo Reefs RAW 500

Quote:

That Reefs 777 is a baddd boyyy! 777oz at 14v! That’s crazy!

Old 10-28-2020, 09:21 PM   #19
Rock Crawler

Default Re: TRX4 HoneyBee Comp Crawler #1 First Rasta Rocks Crawl

First run after a couple mods ran great really powerful Holmes Custom Pro motor and Reefs Raw 500 servo 7.4 volts.....

Old 10-30-2020, 10:47 AM   #20
RCC Addict

No disrespect, but all of your TRX4 posts should be in the TRX4 specific section, that is why the TRX4 section exists. This section is for "General" non-rig specific posts.

Last edited by Inspector86; 10-30-2020 at 10:55 AM.
Inspector86 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
gearhead, hot racing, reefs, scale rig, trx4

TRX4 HoneyBee Comp Crawler #1 - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
TRX4 Sport body on TRX4 Crawler kit chassisc redpeppers Paint and Body 7 09-14-2019 12:59 AM
Video run down of my trx4 comp rig 2k2wranglerx Traxxas TRX-4 4 04-14-2018 10:12 AM
Trx4 C2 comp rig Desmo Traxxas TRX-4 16 12-22-2017 05:11 PM
SARCCA comp #7 Honeybee Canyon 04/29 timh Competitions 27 05-04-2012 04:48 PM
Honeybee Canyon After-Comp Scale Run Photos Simon_s Arizona 5 05-03-2012 08:56 PM