Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > General Crawlers
Loading

Notices

Thread: New rig from Cross RC

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-20-2020, 08:53 PM   #1
Pebble Pounder
 
Join Date: Apr 2020
Location: Drums
Posts: 166
Default New rig from Cross RC

This looks interesting:

2 spd, portals, locking diffs. Bronco from the side, Blazer from the front. LOL
RTR and Kit versions.

https://www.crossrc.us/shop/at4-emo-4wd-rtr/


https://www.crossrc.us/shop/at4-emo-4wd-kit/
OnTheTrail is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-20-2020, 09:01 PM   #2
Rock Crawler
 
Join Date: Jun 2020
Location: Big Island
Posts: 759
Default New rig from Cross RC

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnTheTrail View Post
This looks interesting:

2 spd, portals, locking diffs. Bronco from the side, Blazer from the front. LOL
RTR and Kit versions.

https://www.crossrc.us/shop/at4-emo-4wd-rtr/


https://www.crossrc.us/shop/at4-emo-4wd-kit/

Yeah, that body looks very strange. I couldnít deal with that too long.

Seems like everyone is copying the portal/2speed/switchable diffs/inner fender idea from each other. I may be wrong, but didnít Traxxas come out first with the portals and inner fenders? Correct me if Iím wrong, but it seems like all these brands are copying Traxxas. Canít we get some variety? I know i know, thatís all people want now, but we need variety! Iím still waiting for a TRX4 with solid axles.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
ScaleLifeNewbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2020, 09:46 PM   #3
Quarry Creeper
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: East otis
Posts: 239
Default Re: New rig from Cross RC

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScaleLifeNewbie View Post
Yeah, that body looks very strange. I couldnít deal with that too long.

Seems like everyone is copying the portal/2speed/switchable diffs/inner fender idea from each other. I may be wrong, but didnít Traxxas come out first with the portals and inner fenders? Correct me if Iím wrong, but it seems like all these brands are copying Traxxas. Canít we get some variety? I know i know, thatís all people want now, but we need variety! Iím still waiting for a TRX4 with solid axles.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
No, traxxas didn't come out with that first. I'm sure if they did though, they'd be sueing eveyone else who came out with that stuff...

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
Steve g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2020, 09:53 PM   #4
I wanna be Dave
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: Deep in the Everglades
Posts: 5,417
Default Re: New rig from Cross RC

I ran a GMADE R1 portal machine. Before portals were needed. I did grab a SCX10III because of them not the remote operated axles. My trucks all crawl/creep/absorb the terrain, so I like lockers, and overdrive!


Hang up and Drive
mikemcE is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2020, 10:02 PM   #5
Rock Crawler
 
Join Date: Jun 2020
Location: Big Island
Posts: 759
Default Re: New rig from Cross RC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve g View Post
No, traxxas didn't come out with that first. I'm sure if they did though, they'd be sueing eveyone else who came out with that stuff...

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Oh okay, good to know.

Who did?


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
ScaleLifeNewbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2020, 10:28 PM   #6
Rock Stacker
 
Join Date: Jul 2020
Location: US
Posts: 60
Default Re: New rig from Cross RC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve g View Post
No, traxxas didn't come out with that first. I'm sure if they did though, they'd be sueing eveyone else who came out with that stuff...

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk


R.C. means both;Remote control, and Rock Crawler.
23drumerboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2020, 01:59 AM   #7
Quarry Creeper
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Loiret, France
Posts: 250
Default Re: New rig from Cross RC

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScaleLifeNewbie View Post
Oh okay, good to know.

Who did?


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
MST with CFX-W came before traxxas for portal axles on a scale crawler.
CyberFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2020, 02:29 AM   #8
Rock Crawler
 
Join Date: Jun 2020
Location: Big Island
Posts: 759
Default Re: New rig from Cross RC

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberFox View Post
MST with CFX-W came before traxxas for portal axles on a scale crawler.

Oh wow, MST? I wouldíve never guessed.

Thanks for letting me know!


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
ScaleLifeNewbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



New rig from Cross RC - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Tonka tow rig 4wd conversion recovery rig and trailer NissanNut 2.2 Scale Rigs 4 02-13-2015 03:36 PM
What are the guidelines for a Cross Country/Trail rig? gregrocks90046 Tamiya TLT Crawlers 9 04-21-2005 11:37 PM
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 02:21 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright 2004-2014 RCCrawler.com