Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > General Crawlers

Notices

Thread: Scx10 axles on an rc4wd gelande

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-24-2021, 04:54 AM   #1

Cool Scx10 axles on an rc4wd gelande

Hi all,

Apologies if it's been covered, I did search but couldn't find anything.

Unfortunately a large bill came in so I am selling a few of my rigs, however I am hoping to build myself a gelande from parts I have laying around.

I want to fit some Chinese alloy scx10 axles to the gelande Chassis. Does anyone happen to have done to this and / or know what link sizes I need? Least to start off?

Plan is to make this thing up as a trail truck, and christen her the bas###d 😂. A little wider than standard with a two speed transfer box, I'm hoping it could be made into something a little more capable then a standard gelande and obviously a little less capable, but more scale, then an scx10.

Any help and advice much appreciated. 👍😎
rendeverance is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-24-2021, 05:00 AM   #2
RCC Addict

Default Scx10 axles on an rc4wd gelande

It can be done! You値l just have to mess around with the links and their length. At the same time, you値l need to put the servo on the SCX10 axles and not on the chassis.

I mean, I guess you could do the stock steering but the diff would be a massive problem with clearance for the panhard bar/mounts.

I値l try to remember to get pictures of mine when I get home this afternoon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by Lentsnh2012; 02-24-2021 at 05:05 AM.
Lentsnh2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2021, 05:09 AM   #3

Default Re: Scx10 axles on an rc4wd gelande

Thank you for confirming they at least work, I was worried my plan may not be possible ����

I had not thought about steering yet. I've moved the servo to a front mounted one just behind the bumber and in front of the motor, so hoping I can get it attached from that angle. If not, as you say, it will be a case of sticking it on the axle.

I just can't figure out what links to buy for mocking up and / or use. The scx 10 links seem far too long to be useful. I basically own no spare links whatsoever and need to buy some ����

Last edited by rendeverance; 02-24-2021 at 05:10 AM. Reason: Grammar
Old 02-24-2021, 05:25 AM   #4
RCC Addict

I知 using a totally different transmission as well, a R2 from a TrailStomper. The R3 and its transfercase might give you a little more headache but it can be worked around.

Since I own a few more RC4WD leafed vehicles than the linked stuff, I had RC4WD link galore. Like I said, I値l take some pictures later today so you can get a better idea of everything and how it痴 laid out. I値l give you the link sizes that I used to help aid with purchases.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Lentsnh2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2021, 06:00 AM   #5

That would be more than helpful thank you kindly

Yeah I have some weird inline Chinese thing and the 2speed transfer box is also Chinese, but is actually a work of art quality wise, I wanted the motor at the front but central and the gelande box has gone, or rather will go, with the standard gelande on a team raffee chassis I am selling. I just happened to have this stuff lying about after building my Hilux, or rather starting to build a new chassis for my Hilux. The Hilux is leaf springs so hence no links around - it literally will be a cobbled together bas###d build

Thanks again much appreciated

Last edited by rendeverance; 02-24-2021 at 06:14 AM.

Scx10 axles on an rc4wd gelande - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Rc4wd gelande ii rtr / rc4wd gelande ii truck kit darksheep RC4WD Trail Finder 2 0 08-20-2018 05:39 AM
RC4WD Gelande II, I & SCX10 in Defenders of TrailSeekers ifulg Scale Videos! 0 01-31-2014 07:13 AM