Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > General Crawlers

Notices

Thread: How many incomplete builds do you have on the workbench??

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-08-2022, 06:16 PM   #61
RCC Addict

Default Re: How many incomplete builds do you have on the workbench??

If you add painting bodies. 6
Timmahh is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-12-2022, 10:48 AM   #62
I wanna be Dave

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Bananaclip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2022, 10:24 AM   #63
RCC Addict

Last edited by ussprinceton2004; 08-17-2022 at 10:35 AM.
ussprinceton2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2022, 09:59 AM   #64
Quarry Creeper

5 scalers in various stages of incomplete
2 drag cars run need to be finished
1 SMT10 runs needs to be finished
an Old school clod that has been in the works for years!!! It runs but needs to be finished.

I get bored and then another one follows me home. then if and when i finish i need to start another!!
hotrodsoup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2022, 06:21 PM   #65
I wanna be Dave

Probably somewhere around 20-30. Majority of them at about 70-90% completion.
1/10 mst tcr, fxx, cmx, cfx....at about 0%
1/8/9 NB JK, Toyota LC70, LC80.. 75ish
1/"6" New bright Porsche-bandit, beetle rally, mini rally, F150 Lightning "1320 m3xic0" special, ford ranger class negative zero, 2x Gladiator 1 crew cab, other truck 2 door gladiator, 2x f250 one a crew cab, other a tow truck?
And many many more!
Gula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2022, 12:46 PM   #66
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by crawler.boy View Post
ferp420 go fuuuuuck yoou anuuuus IDIOOOOT
Wats your deal man? Youre the one thats askin all these questions n posting about 'having' this rc n 'goina get' this one, yet we havent seen any proof. U post up pics from the internet n yt vids of other peoples rcs. But somebody calls u out n u go crazy on them. I seen your post about puttin ferp on the ignore list, not sure wat thats all about. From the pic u posted, i guess u dont like people that smoke a lil grass. Personally, i quit a long time ago, but to each their own. Plus u apologized for goin off on people n the name callin, which is childish! N then turn around n do it again. Your word doesnt mean much to anybody when u do crap like that.

Point is, youve brought the crap on yourself man. You lost wat little respect, if any, that anybody had for u. An apology wont mean anything to anybody here now, not after this. N if u wanna get mad, throw a tantrum, n call me names, go ahead, wont hurt my feelins a bit.
indybama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2022, 02:03 PM   #67
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by indybama View Post
Wats your deal man? Youre the one thats askin all these questions n posting about 'having' this rc n 'goina get' this one, yet we havent seen any proof. U post up pics from the internet n yt vids of other peoples rcs. But somebody calls u out n u go crazy on them. I seen your post about puttin ferp on the ignore list, not sure wat thats all about. From the pic u posted, i guess u dont like people that smoke a lil grass. Personally, i quit a long time ago, but to each their own. Plus u apologized for goin off on people n the name callin, which is childish! N then turn around n do it again. Your word doesnt mean much to anybody when u do crap like that.

Point is, youve brought the crap on yourself man. You lost wat little respect, if any, that anybody had for u. An apology wont mean anything to anybody here now, not after this. N if u wanna get mad, throw a tantrum, n call me names, go ahead, wont hurt my feelins a bit.
What's funny is, he had him on his "ignore" list and now he took it off? I think he's a glutton for punishment but doesn't like to be punished? It's 2022 so I'm not kink shaming or nothing.
Goos3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2022, 03:44 PM   #68
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goos3 View Post
What's funny is, he had him on his "ignore" list and now he took it off? I think he's a glutton for punishment but doesn't like to be punished? It's 2022 so I'm not kink shaming or nothing.
Completely get wat u mean goos3. Its sad how the times we're in are like this. I mean, to each their own, but tantrums dont get anybody anywhere, just ask my kids. I was always told, if u cant take it, dont dish it out. Theres some flaming between members here, but its mostly in fun n nobody gets butthurt over it. Well, til now...
indybama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2022, 04:11 PM   #69
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gula View Post
Probably somewhere around 20-30. Majority of them at about 70-90% completion.
I feel like you're calling me out!

For real though, I don't have as many active projects myself. But most of them are within that 70%-90% completion range.

1. TRX6, needs a final location for the electronics, a stealthy front body mount and paint for a Proline Power Wagon.
2. TRX4, not so much a project, just needs service and a new clutch.
3. Knight Runner, the printed body needs a lot of finishing work. And I want to add a semi scale interior and a scale trailer hitch. I also want to wire up a full light kit.
4. 3d printed H1. Like the KR, it needs a ton of body work done.
5. A custom chassis, 3d printed 89 Suburban. The chassis a roller. The body is one piece. I need to finish both and put them together.
6. Trail King, just needs body work. Or a new body altogether.
7. Center trans converted KORP. The chassis is complete but I want to install a Proline Nova body, hasn't gone anywhere yet.
8. A custom rat rod/dragster beetle that hasn't gotten off the ground. It started as smashing ideas together to see what sticks, but hasn't gotten very far beyond that.
9. A 2WD, IFS, widebody Blazer Baja truck. The suspension is mounted to the chassis, nothing else. One side of the body has a rough representation of the wide aches I'm going for, going to work with my brother to develop a CAD model to "bolt on".

I think that's it. At least for now.

Sent from my LM-V600 using Tapatalk

Last edited by smc-93; 10-24-2022 at 04:19 PM.
smc-93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2022, 06:29 PM   #70
Go Buckeyes!

I'll add to this thread just so we all can look at one less of the Tiffany--tch's Cannabis 420 post!

At the moment as I look around on the bench, I have 5 unfinished projects.

1. Currently on the bench is my Element Enduro which is getting the FJ Cruiser body makeover.

2. Element GK-Knightrunner. Still need lights installed and and interior bought for it.

3. GCM J2 Skeleton with the China 2 door Jeep hardbody. It needs body work and paint and a roll cage made for it. It's been on the backburner for about 3 years now.

4. GSpeed V1-C1 build that I really need to finish! Still needs fenders flared, body painted and electronics purchased and installed.

5. NIB Gatekeeper Builders Kit. Saving this for this winter. It may get a Toyata X-tra cab hardbody. Still undecided at the moment.

6. I guess I could add that I have misc. 3D printed trailers that are printed and need put together. Also other misc. odds and ends that need finished!
B-MOW71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2022, 07:33 PM   #71
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-MOW71 View Post
I'll add to this thread just so we all can look at one less of the Tiffany--tch's Cannabis 420 post!
My current in progress trucks:

1. SCX 24- Just needs a servo. Don't really know if that counts but it's currently in several pieces.

2. Wroncho- daughter wants a 10th scale and I'm trying to be cheap and use parts already laying around.

3. 10.2- My "spared no expense" car that has every part that I want on it. Needs new body mounts after a tumble taken in the mountains last year, runs otherwise.

4. Bomber- bought it a couple years ago off Fbook, haven't really thought about what I want to do with it.

Just glad that I can point to this thread and tell my wife that it's not as bad as some.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
Old 10-24-2022, 07:57 PM   #72
Rock Crawler

Just one. Its the Freestyle RC chassis I started a thread about over in the monster truck section. I'm renting and don't have a dedicated R/C space (or much space in general) so anytime I want to work on it I have to unpack everything. All grinding/sanding/drilling happens in the kitchen, and winter painting means temporarily converting the bathroom into a paint booth. But the hobby must continue!

Somewhat unrelated, I just recently came back to the forum to start that build thread and it makes me sad to see the state of things. I figured it would have continued to deteriorate as other forms of social media keep expanding to consume everything, but still. This is not good.
TooOldForThis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2022, 08:00 PM   #73
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by TooOldForThis View Post
Just one. Its the Freestyle RC chassis I started a thread about over in the monster truck section. I'm renting and don't have a dedicated R/C space (or much space in general) so anytime I want to work on it I have to unpack everything. All grinding/sanding/drilling happens in the kitchen, and winter painting means temporarily converting the bathroom into a paint booth. But the hobby must continue!

Somewhat unrelated, I just recently came back to the forum to start that build thread and it makes me sad to see the state of things. I figured it would have continued to deteriorate as other forms of social media keep expanding to consume everything, but still. This is not good.
Don't let a kids tantrum dissuade you, its fairly recent.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
Old 10-24-2022, 08:31 PM   #74
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by TooOldForThis View Post

I'm with Goos3. If you're talking about today's postapalooza marathon, that should be handled in stride asap. Although they may need to hire on some poor soul just to clean up the mess. Really sad to see someone intentionally try to harm a really good forum with really cool and helpful people... a forum and community that a lot of people rely on for some enjoyment and sound assistance. Shame that someone would even begin to act in a way that is a disservice to others just due to some weird internet meltdown over another member... something that could have easily been reported and put on ignore.. then moved on.

Anyway.. Sorry for all the rambling but I felt it was worth mentioning... even if we're all a little tired of reading atm lol.

BTW, TooOldForThis- I hope you keep at it and that you can get a little better organized at some point. I know that's gotta be a pain in the ass but it was kind of inspiring as well lol.
high plains drifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2022, 05:45 PM   #75

I'm glad it's not just me with a ton of unfinished projects

Axial AX10 - need to install sway bar to see if it 'fixes' the torque twist issue
Axial SCX24 - actually still runs fine, but I have a new servo, new brushless motor and esc all sitting around waiting to be installed
Hasbro Jeep that will someday be a badass 1/6 crawler

non crawler stuff too
Tmaxx that's almost an Emaxx - just need to finish the motor brace, it's super close
HPI RS4 MT - needs motor and esc installed
HPI RS4 Rally - needs motor, esc, and wheels
AE TC3 - needs motor and esc
AE B3 - box of parts, not sure if it's even all there
OFNA LX Ultra something - still working on e-conversion
OFNA Nexx10 SC - still new in box unassembled
OFNA CRT.5 - still new in box unassembled
Spec-R S2 - still new in box unassembled
3Racing Sakura XI Sport - still new in box unassembled
Plus some older vintage stuff, a Stampede, other bits that I loosely have ideas for.

Not to mention, in the driveway there's a '96 Honda, a '63 Chevy, and an '03 Ranger all needing attention.
And yet here I am on the internet. Well, it is dark, cold, and rainy out.
kistner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2022, 06:13 PM   #76
RCC Addict

Too much to list, probably things I've forgotten about even, there's kits I got on sale from two or three black Fridays ago at least under my bench. I'll get to them one of these days lol
kincer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2022, 06:52 PM   #77
RCC Addict

Incomplete builds = none but I guess this is as good a place as any to list my projects. Y'all make me feel a little better about having multiples... Nothing at all like what y'all have going on but-

SCX24- Lots of upgrade parts and a lot of aesthetic one of a kind mods already done. Hoping to finish this up in a week or two.

Capra- Next in line... 1080 ESC, Robinson Racing 11t pinion/ 32p, and maybe new HH motor but haven't decided on that yet.

TRX4- Replacing D110 body with 76' Carisma Ford pu body. Haven't decided yet on doing the included bed or caging the rear instead. Not sure when I'll get a start on this one.

Custom Trailer- Had no idea how this might go but I'm all in at this point. Plan was to spend as little as possible and just wing it. Not an easy project so far with tons of challenges and everything custom but it's moving along slowly. Tires and hardware will be here this week. And at least at this point, I'm hoping that will be the only money spent ( plus aluminum sheet for decking). Hopefully will bring it all together for under $40 total.
Old 11-28-2022, 09:11 PM   #78
I wanna be Dave

I'm SPED and should buy a star and post some of my mental insanity with my builds. Gofundme#noperope@dorkspoof.id10t
Gula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2022, 10:47 PM   #79
Rock Crawler

Kinda updating from my previous post but also adding to-do and idea stuff.

MAKE STYRENE INNER FENDERS FOR ALL THAT APPLIES lol.

GK KR to-do
- hood scoop needs final paint coats
- head and tails done
- aluminum trailing arms acquired
- install interior
Ideas:
- swap/integrate full scale rock sliders (plastic)

Rock Pirates Interceptor Enduro LC70
- tune HH Crawlmaster V2 ESC
- wire routing/clean up
- mask & paint body externally
- install brass knuckles/rear/front diff
Ideas:
- add rear bumper

Slash 2wd 4Runner
- add scale ducting for rear radiator
- mask windows
- paint body/flares/interior/(cage too?)
- add window nets
- livery decals
- tuning
- set up FPV

SSD Trail King
- cut/mask/paint Tacoma TRD Pro body
- SSD Toycoma wheels wrapped in 4.19" Patagonias
- softer springs
Ideas:
- HW Fusion Pro?

VS410 portal axle kit
- told myself cannot unbox until prior rigs are (semi?) complete
- some lexan Toyota body I don't have yet

Rigs that have been completed but need work:

Gen8 4Runner
- swap in stronger servo
- front diff housing ending up needing bearing fitment fix
Ideas:
- brass portal covers?
- roll down windows slightly
- add interior
- add custom scale woofer setup in cargo space

CFX-W Hilux work truck
- swap to metal driveshafts (broke rear)
- slower turn motor (currently 8T)
- add brass and misc weight parts
- add stuff to ladder rack & bed
- trim lower rear are of bed for clearance
Ideas:
- make simple styrene interior

GSpeed FJ45C
- GK interior with military heads
- swap to HH Crawlmaster V2 ESC (has Micro X)

Venture FJ Cruiser
- front brass beef tubes replacements (right C hub loose)
- revise front scale brakes (nuisance to deal with)
- make a 9t pinion work (has loose 12t)
Ideas:
- metal driveshafts
- may remove interior & misc for a lighter weight setup when desired)
- add rear beef tubes

TRX4 LC80
- front brass portal covers

Venture '85 SR5 w/Element axles (loaner rig)
- Gmade SR04 steel beadlocks

SCX10.2 '00 Tacoma double cab
- lighter weight oil all around
- remove droop shorter springs to run no springs[/LEFT]

Last edited by Goro Majima; 11-28-2022 at 10:49 PM.
Goro Majima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2022, 11:11 PM   #80
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goro Majima View Post

Slash 2wd 4Runner
- add scale ducting for rear radiator
- mask windows
- paint body/flares/interior/(cage too?)
- add window nets
- livery decals
- tuning
- set up FPV

[/LEFT]
This please.

How many incomplete builds do you have on the workbench?? - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Anyone else get incomplete Axial axle sets? GreenRiver Chit Chat 0 11-08-2007 03:24 PM
title incomplete on a for trade item chivas72 Comments, Suggestions, and Help 0 08-14-2007 05:07 PM