Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > General Crawlers

Notices

Thread: Redcat TC8 Marksman - Overdrive/Underdrive

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-10-2023, 11:24 AM   #1
Rock Crawler

Default Redcat TC8 Marksman - Overdrive/Underdrive

I'm picking up a new Redcat TC8 Marksman tomorrow. I plan to keep this rig pretty much stock and use it as my everyday "trail basher" so to speak. I will do the usual suspension and steering mods to improve the steering and I would also like to either overdrive the front axle or underdrive the rear axle. I've been watching all kinds of videos and snooping around online but can't seem to find overdrive/underdrive gearing for this thing? This is my first Redcat so it's all new to me. This rig has the Redcat XR247 axles. If anyone can point me in the right direction on this I'd be greatly appreciative.

Thanks in advance. Jim
JimK is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-10-2023, 12:57 PM   #2
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: Redcat TC8 Marksman - Overdrive/Underdrive

You could always swap the front axle for a ar60 the redcat 247 axles if i remeber right uses 43/12 gears the same as axials underdrive gears that would give you 2 overdrive ratio options plus all the upgrade parts available for the ar60
ferp420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2023, 08:29 PM   #3
I wanna be Dave

There are no OD/UD options that I am aware of. I was hoping that Gen8 gears could fit in the axle, but the 247's gears are not compatible. If you could shoehorn in some kind of transfer case with some OD built in, that might be your best bet. I'm not aware of any offhand, but I'm sure there's one out there somewhere.

I ended up swapping over to AR60's and never looked back. Far better steering, loads of options, and yes indeed OD up front and UD in back. Wasn't a hard swap at all, and 100% performance improvement. My Wendigo is one of my best performers. It's not a cheap swap though...axles, brass goodies, and the gears were almost as much as the kit. Thankfully, I had most of it laying around.

The 247 axles are way beefier and good axles, I ended up moving them to my SMT where they are much more at home.

My Wendigo...there's a thread here somewhere on it. It was decent stock, but it's a beast now with a few changes:
OSRC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2023, 10:26 AM   #4
Rock Crawler

Thanks for the input guys. I think I'll drive it like it is for now and head in the direction of the AR60 axle swap sometime in the future.

Thanks again, Jim.
JimK is offline   Reply With Quote

Redcat TC8 Marksman - Overdrive/Underdrive - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
My Redcat Marksman Jaycex65 Redcat Crawlers 3 01-23-2022 10:17 PM
Redcat marksman Nogman Redcat Crawlers 10 07-23-2021 09:08 PM
Overdrive / Underdrive iihuntyii Arizona 2 03-23-2015 06:02 PM
Overdrive or Underdrive neillarson Axial SCX-10 20 03-04-2014 12:11 PM