Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > General Crawlers

Notices

Thread: How many incomplete builds do you have on the workbench??

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-04-2021, 12:23 PM   #1
RCC Addict

Default How many incomplete builds do you have on the workbench??

Got to thinking about all the sketches/drawings for stuff I need to fab up, the parts and components on hand, then took inventory of the actual projects needing to be completed taking up bench space. I have at various stages of progress: 2 metal caged buggies, a Bomber 2wd speed build, an IFS/IRS Capra, 3 different trailers and the tow rig, ending with a '30 Ford roadster.
MAC FAB is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-04-2021, 12:26 PM   #2
Rock Crawler

Default Re: How many incomplete builds do you have on the workbench??

I've got a scx10.2 kit on my bench I've been working on for 2 years. But almost half of that time was because we moved. It was forgotten about somewhat lol.
Levi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2021, 12:39 PM   #3
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAC FAB View Post
Got to thinking about all the sketches/drawings for stuff I need to fab up, the parts and components on hand, then took inventory of the actual projects needing to be completed taking up bench space. I have at various stages of progress: 2 metal caged buggies, a Bomber 2wd speed build, an IFS/IRS Capra, 3 different trailers and the tow rig, ending with a '30 Ford roadster.
I hear ya. I need to meditate on why I keep buying kits I always need to need to buy 2 or 3 of the same if it's a good one.

3 in the works, plenty completed projects and these are still sealed:

3 MST MTX-1's Kits- 2 Toyotas and 1 GMC
1 MST RMX 2.0
3 MST CFX and 2 CMX
Bolink Digger
6 Tamiya Race Buggies- 3 TRF201, 2 TRF211XM, 1 TRF211XMW
2 Kyosho Vintage RV- 1 Toyota 4Runner(dual motor) and 1 Nissan Pathfinder(nitro with CVT transmission)
1 Carisma SCA-1E Subaru Brat
1 Tamiya Clod Buster
2 Tamiya Blackfoot- 1 vintage and 1 re-re
2 Panda Hobby 1/18 crawlers
Several Hobby Plus 1/24
1 HGP407 Brusier Clone
HPI Wheely King
HPI Cralwer King
RocHobby Willys Jeep
Nikko Thunderbolt
Tyco 9.6v Lamborghini
Nikko Scorpion
TRX4 Chassis Kit
MAGNUMB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2021, 12:49 PM   #4
I wanna be Dave

New/never run:
MST CFX-W J45-C in box
RC4WD C2X mostly disassembled, still gathering parts
Axial Bomber #2 (only the skid is stock) in pieces
Axial UMG10 body/VS4-10 Chassis/TRX-4 axles/Element tranny - unassembled
durok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2021, 01:34 PM   #5
I wanna be Dave

1 incomplete(ish) build. well, 2 if you count the parts i have laying around for the next build.

completely tore down SCX10ii
parts for a TK build
ScaleLifeNewbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2021, 01:56 PM   #6
RCC Addict

None, my brain and wallet can't handle multiple/incomplete projects. I may add a go-fast rig to my fleet later this year though.
Phildirt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2021, 02:03 PM   #7
I wanna be Dave

I just got my bench cleaned up in time for another project, a TGH Sherpa. I wouldn't exactly call it unfinished because I just ordered the parts last week.

I'm also working on adding a winch down to my recently finished moon buggy. I got some underdrive gears and an AR44 axles on the way for my Mutt build. Those should go quick though.

Lastly I have an AR60 based project thats still rattling around in my head, It hasn't made it to the bench yet though.
HumboldtEF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2021, 02:10 PM   #8
I wanna be Dave

I have lots of parts to put a few rigs together but no plans to do so for the most part.

The only incomplete rig I'm working on is a Krazed pneuma capra sporty. It's mostly complete but still needs electronics installed. I'm just lazy.
WHITE-TRASH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2021, 02:34 PM   #9
I wanna be Dave

Good question... it's a mess. I think I have as many running as I do in bits. These are the most cohesive projects, though I have a lot of loose parts floating around. ... sometimes I'll just rummage through my stuff and pick up stuff here and there and some weird stuff gets built.

Axial 2.2 Wrangler w/Enduro axles and driveline - spare parts build. Had them laying around, why not?
Tamiya TC01 - in box, waiting to be built
MST RMX - almost done. Need to finish up some wiring
TRX6 - swapping bodies
Axial 6x6 - almost done...
Tamiya TL01 - portal Pajero thing.
Sawback - roller, no idea what I'm doing with it. Beer influenced impulse buy.
Tamiya MF01x #3..NIB. Bought on a whim, will be here tomorrow and get tossed on the pile
1/6 Ram - Awaiting a new chassis.
Newly started SNRS4 project, cause I have nothing else to do...

Built, done, just awaiting paint:
Axial SMT, Tamiya DF03ra Mustang, MF01x Porsche, and TA03 Porsche. Lotta sexy waiting here.
OSRC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2021, 03:24 PM   #10
RCC Addict

No comment, I'm always building the latest kit about two years after everyone else. There's at least five sealed kits under my bench, five or six that need a few things, and the rest run but still have plans to disassemble and tweak
kincer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2021, 04:01 PM   #11
Slow is the new Fast

Only one on the bench currently. but have a few semi-complete projects on the shelves as well as a couple of new kits in the cupboard. Semi-complete builds would include painted bodies without chassis', rigs that I have been needing to braze sliders for, rigs that require new gears, rigs that I want to reconfigure etc, etc.

I go through productive as well as unmotivated periods with this hobby. I have more plans than time with it. Truth is I have enough scale crawlers to keep me busy for awhile but for some reason new stuff finds its way here
smog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2021, 04:21 PM   #12
Rock Crawler

Only one on the bench right now, my Capra. I tweak on the others as I come up with ideas.
JDM74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2021, 04:32 PM   #13
I wanna be Dave

I'd say I have about 15 or more projects in >75% completion of some sort. Think ADHD !

Too many for the workbench, so I just switch them back and forth between shelf and workbench.

Ar60 6x6
Scx10 wrangler
Willis jeep
BWD foff rebuild
Extended traxxas bandit
TLT leafsprung trials truck
TLT leaf sprung "ironhide"
Hpi mt2ss electric conversion
Super nitro rally electric conversion
6x6 emaxx
12 out of 19. 1/6 scale bodies that need hobby conversions
A Carson unimog, 1/6 forklift, clod, and the list goes on, so........
Gula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2021, 06:53 PM   #14
I wanna be Dave

There's plenty more stuff besides crawlers needing completion hiding in my apartment as well!

I got a used, assembled, but seemingly brand new Tamiya M-08 so I could slap my never painted or trimmed ABC Hobby Lancia Stratos body that I ordered eons ago from Malaysia.

I think I've had that body for 10 years or so?

Since then I decided that I needed a beater body for it - and SOMEHOW ended up with a Tamiya NSU TTS, a Pro-Line Europa M, an Exotek Stuttgart (911) AND still haven't trimmed or painted the Stratos - well, or any of the other bodies either!

Also ended up with half-a-dozen treaded and slick premounts of verious styles and compounds...

I HAVE driven the M-08, but only without a body, to test motors and ESC combos - and every time I let it get away from me and clip something and break something tiny.

And a 4-tec 2.0 with a so-far untested set of Pro-Line VTA staggered treaded premounts for it.

And a WPL D12 Suzuki Carry.

And a Team Associated DB8 Nomad Desert Buggy 1/8th scale with a spare cage, spare tan pre-painted body panels, and spare clear panels.

And a set of lovely unused SSD axles (Pro44s?).

And, lastly - a handful of uncut unpainted bodyshells that are discontinued or just really odd.

I will not suffer to try and add up all my crawler wheels and tires...... I think I'm at around 3 sets per vehicle (including the unfinished vehicles)!
durok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2021, 07:47 PM   #15
I wanna be Dave

Oh, forgot one - Sczerba's Artic CR01 has been on it's own table forever. The Post office destroyed the body during delivery, so I tore it all down for a repaint while I waited and got distracted... and that's where it stands. I think the suspension parts are still in a vat of acetone now that I think of it. Waiting for warmer weather to re-spray it - It's a sweet build, I want to be sure I do it justice.
OSRC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2021, 07:49 PM   #16
Rock Stacker

I took a minute to think about this question and realized I知 more scattered than I thought.

I am about two weeks in on printing a Landy from 3dsets, have a Bomber I need to get rolling (solder and drop in electronics), a Gen 8 PACK to wrap up, a beater body to finish for the Ascender and I need to finish some upgrades on the Scx 10 ii to get it up and running.

In the past week I impulse bought a game changer chassis and a used axial 6 x 6 chassis that will get a 3-D printed delivery truck body. I have two Tamiya kits (cc-01 rover and the Bratt) waiting for some spare time. This is a good thread as I hope it値l help me focus and knock some of these projects out. I wanna hit this new crawl spot I saw a few weeks ago so hopefully I can get the Ascender going by Saturday evening. Maybe I can knock the bomber out by Sunday. I will be printing the Landy for another week and a half at a minimum and I may take a day or two out to print the cab for the 6 x 6.

At least I知 not blowing all my money on booze and women.
Boomer75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2021, 07:57 PM   #17
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSRC View Post
Oh, forgot one - Sczerba's Artic CR01 has been on it's own table forever. The Post office destroyed the body during delivery, so I tore it all down for a repaint while I waited and got distracted... and that's where it stands. I think the suspension parts are still in a vat of acetone now that I think of it. Waiting for warmer weather to re-spray it - It's a sweet build, I want to be sure I do it justice.
I really liked that Artic CR01 build and that sucks that the body didn稚 make it through the transit. Builds like that inspire me to think about more interesting utility vehicles when I知 considering new projects. It was a really creative approach and I知 looking forward to seeing what you do with it.
Boomer75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2021, 08:44 PM   #18
Pebble Pounder

Got a full Wroncho build going and a Bomber build at the same time - both have parts in the mail

Last edited by 2wheeler; 03-04-2021 at 10:34 PM.
2wheeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2021, 08:58 PM   #19
RCC Addict

And to think I figured I was the only slacker. With this Covid stuff, I have been busier than ever, so no build time. Comparing my list to what others listed here, I don't have a problem, while others need a 12 step program and counseling. Should have asked for pics here as well. As it was stated, this is motivating indeed. Now if I could only get the CFO on board for parts requisition, I'd be golden. $500 needed per motorized project would be a good start...... For toys?????
MAC FAB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2021, 02:14 AM   #20
Rock Crawler

I have one build in progress but that doesn't really count so the answer for me is zero incomplete builds at the moment.
JimK is offline   Reply With Quote

How many incomplete builds do you have on the workbench?? - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Anyone else get incomplete Axial axle sets? GreenRiver Chit Chat 0 11-08-2007 03:24 PM
title incomplete on a for trade item chivas72 Comments, Suggestions, and Help 0 08-14-2007 05:07 PM