Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > General Crawlers

Notices

Thread: What's Axial up to?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-04-2021, 08:13 AM   #181
Pebble Pounder

Default Re: What's Axial up to? (Axial SCX10III Bronco)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fricker08 View Post
Well for those of you worried about the price, all of Axial’s kit and RTR prices went up today. $30-40+ depending. I mean we all expected it but a little notice would have been nice. Or maybe I’m being naive and out notice was the price released with the Bronco

All Horizon Hobby brands are having increases.

Mojave RTR now $669, from $649. Mojave EXB is the same price though.
SCX24 C10's and Jeeps - $134 from $119, Deadbolt - $124 from $109.
Noticed that Hyrax tires are now $31.99 a pair now, believe those were $29.99 before.
CamoColton is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-04-2021, 09:01 AM   #182
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fricker08 View Post
Well for those of you worried about the price, all of Axial’s kit and RTR prices went up today. $30-40+ depending. I mean we all expected it but a little notice would have been nice. Or maybe I’m being naive and out notice was the price released with the Bronco

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I just checked this out and had sticker shock on most of their models. I guess I will wait for the kit version to come out. Too much money to not get exactly what I want.
JDM74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2021, 02:13 PM   #183
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamoColton View Post
All Horizon Hobby brands are having increases.

Mojave RTR now $669, from $649. Mojave EXB is the same price though.
SCX24 C10's and Jeeps - $134 from $119, Deadbolt - $124 from $109.
Noticed that Hyrax tires are now $31.99 a pair now, believe those were $29.99 before.

I wonder what got the biggest % of increase compared to previous price, if I had to make a quess without much research I would say products you could get without much extra stuff like pre SCX10.3 axle kits maybe?
Growler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2021, 02:01 PM   #184
Rock Crawler

Default Re: What's Axial up to?

I wonder why the sudden -quite steep- increases in prices. Has the US$ plummeted without me noticing?? Prices in Euro séem to be still the same, though. I.e, ‘as bloody expensive as ever” (early Bronco stíll €569.- )
Jay-Em is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2021, 02:48 PM   #185
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay-Em View Post
I wonder why the sudden -quite steep- increases in prices. Has the US$ plummeted without me noticing?? Prices in Euro séem to be still the same, though. I.e, ‘as bloody expensive as ever” (early Bronco stíll €569.- )

U.S. consumer prices post biggest gain in 8-1/2 years as economy reopens
https://www.reuters.com/business/ret...ch-2021-04-13/
MOguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2021, 02:50 PM   #186
RCC Addict

The shipping containers being sky high to ship product here is a big reason price went up. They were around $1500-$2000 per container, now their $10,000+ per container to ship from over seas. Its rediculous
indybama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2021, 03:46 PM   #187
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by indybama View Post
The shipping containers being sky high to ship product here is a big reason price went up. They were around $1500-$2000 per container, now their $10,000+ per container to ship from over seas. Its rediculous
If that continues make more thing will be produced in the home land.
Old 08-05-2021, 05:25 PM   #188
Rock Crawler

Quote:
^^^This^^^

Where I work they mentioned this many many times. World wide shortage of shipping containers. Plus there’s a bidding war for them sometimes. You think you have a container all lined up and then you find out someone just over bid you and you loose your container.
OnTheTrail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2021, 08:19 PM   #189
RCC Addict

I understand money talks, but dang this has gotten rediculous.

I agree MOguy, we need to get back to being self sustained again. I see why we buy from other countries, they make product cheaper. But its not the quality it used to be when it was 'made in the USA'. N with the way the petty bullcrap is goin nowadays, i dont know if we would make it self sustained. Daggum burnin cities down, wantin to start a country in the US for their own rules, on top of the gov bullcrap.

Anyway lol, the value of the dollar has gone down so far, it doesnt help anything either
indybama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2021, 02:17 AM   #190
Rock Stacker

Quote:
I would quess that you would pack more stuff into the containers to get components shipped more efficiently then. RTR boxes are largely filled with air. Instead the axle kits that come in a plastic bag get the same price amount increase as a whole RTR model if the information posted above is correct. Looking at SCX 10.3 axle kits, would not need my axles packed like a rolex. Going to sell chocolate truffles in lexan bodies next?
Growler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2021, 05:36 AM   #191
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Growler View Post
I would quess that you would pack more stuff into the containers to get components shipped more efficiently then. RTR boxes are largely filled with air. Instead the axle kits that come in a plastic bag get the same price amount increase as a whole RTR model if the information posted above is correct. Looking at SCX 10.3 axle kits, would not need my axles packed like a rolex. Going to sell chocolate truffles in lexan bodies next?
You never think of thins like that but that is a great point. Maybe the RC people need to think about that. I have only bought 1 crawler RTR TRX and it was used so no box and 1 Bandit new. I have a friend who has an RC shop and when fedX delivers even a couple crawler RTRs the the boxes are HUGE, never though about it as far as taking up so much space shipping. I don't remember my Bandit coming in a box nearly as big as the crawler boxes. I know it is a smaller RC but still just seems far less packaging.
Old 08-06-2021, 03:53 PM   #192
RCC Addict

And if they used much smaller packaging you'd all be pissing and moaning that it showed up broken. Prices are going up, meanwhile the earth is round and water is wet.
TexasSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2021, 11:44 PM   #193
RCC Addict

I am surprised nobody has bitched about the price of the body itself yet…
If you add up the prices of the parts to build it, it is a $200 body. (Not including bumpers, sliders, or inner fenders)
House is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2021, 12:36 AM   #194
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by House View Post
I am surprised nobody has bitched about the price of the body itself yet…
If you add up the prices of the parts to build it, it is a $200 body. (Not including bumpers, sliders, or inner fenders)

Post #63, it’s $300 to do the complete body swap, inner fenders and bumpers.. no wheels/tires or spare, or hardware for that matter. That’s not including axles. So to convert a portal 10.3 would cost over $470. That’s when I decided I’ll wait to buy one second hand down the road.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Fricker08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2021, 05:29 AM   #195
Rock Crawler

Prices for just the lexan parts are just as crazy. €60.- for just the exterior lexan,and €35 for the inner bits ( and already sold-out.. sheesh.) Luckily the plastic/nylon detail parts generally don’t break.
Old 08-19-2021, 01:05 PM   #196
Rock Crawler

Got my Bronco today. It’s a big bugger. Very hard to find a somewhat scale looking driver figure. Found a Marvel Legends She Hulk in my stash, that kinda, sorta fit.. though it looks asif Your 12-year old sis’ has hijacked the Bronco..

For those that want to use the 2-speed, instead of the dig, be forwarned : it takes quite a bit of disassembling of the gearbox. Get Yourself the build manual from the SCX10 III jeep. You’ll need it!

Had to re-seat one of the beadlocks too because the tire was a bit warped. For the rst of it : It does what the package sez. Currently busy running-in a Surpass 13t 5-slot, for a bit more wheelspeed and smoother running than the -really not that bad- Dynamite 35t.

( something to remember if going for the cheaper Surpass motors : They have to be properly run-in, ie, run them with no load on 6v for about an hour, or, for those more dedicated : about 3v for two hours. Contrary to Holmes motors, and other more expensive ones, they’re not factory run-in.The brushes need a serious bit of seating before the motors run stable and not too hot. Goes for every surpass motor I ever bought)

Oh, and don’t forget the Bronco’s motor runs Clockwise, like the TRX4. Unlike most gearboxes, which require counterclockwise running motors. Running a CCW motor in a CW gearbox, leads to bigger Amp-draw, heating up and lower performance, unless One can adjust the timing.

Last edited by Jay-Em; 08-22-2021 at 05:55 AM.

What's Axial up to? - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
fun day at the (axial wraith rock race - scalers axial honcho - axial discovery) gionata78 Scale Videos! 1 08-06-2013 11:52 AM