Notices

Thread: What's Axial up to?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-22-2021, 06:47 AM   #41
Pebble Pounder

Default Re: What's Axial up to?

Quote:
Originally Posted by svt923 View Post
If you use a Spektrum radio, the 2 in 1 is a pretty nice setup. Hobbywing is pretty obviously making all of Spektrum’s ESCs these days. You can hook it up to a HW programming card and has mostly all the programming functionality of a HW 1080. It also costs way less than having to buy a Spektrum receiver and a 1080. You also get telemetry and the ability program straight from the radio with some Spektrum ESCs (not sure on this one but the ones from some other RTRs can) which is awesome.

If you prefer another brand of radio, then you are going to be disappointed.

Good to know the existing programming cards can work with the spektrum stuff and not locked out in some way. That might sway me a little.
CamoColton is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-22-2021, 07:33 AM   #42
I wanna be Dave

The full info is up on Horizon’s site now.

Some fun bits of information:

The front bumper mount has provisions for a servo winch to be mounted in front of the scale engine, the JL did not have this.

Speaking of the scale engine, it now covers the steering servo for the full engine effect.

If you want just the body, it will cost you $186 for all the body parts. Add an extra $18 if you want the bumpers and sliders too.
svt923 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2021, 07:52 AM   #43
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by svt923 View Post
If you use a Spektrum radio, the 2 in 1 is a pretty nice setup. Hobbywing is pretty obviously making all of Spektrum’s ESCs these days. You can hook it up to a HW programming card and has mostly all the programming functionality of a HW 1080. It also costs way less than having to buy a Spektrum receiver and a 1080. You also get telemetry and the ability program straight from the radio with some Spektrum ESCs (not sure on this one but the ones from some other RTRs can) which is awesome.

If you prefer another brand of radio, then you are going to be disappointed.

Hobbywing LCD didn't work for me. Tried it on my Spectrum Firma 130 from my Ryft. Tried to connect, and that's all. Never would.

Radiolink RC6GS V2 (with the RC7GS Rx) has telemetry built-in and is only 80.00 and as good as the top spectrum radio. Probably better imo.

I would rather have the Hobbywing Brand than the Spectrum brand, any day of the decade.

The cost issue is not the Manufacturers or even their suppliers.

The cost issue is very easy to deduce.

1/2 of the money (Fiat Feral Federal Reserve Notes) in Circulation today, has been printed in the last 8 months. And more is coming.

some will call it Inflation, but it is really Deflation. Deflation of the value of the dollar in your pockets.

The Greatest Wealth transfer in this Nation and the WORLD is happening today, and it is all flowing UPWARDS since Jan, 20, 2021, at 12:09 pm.

If you think the cost of the new Axial Early Bronco is high. just wait till you see gas prices at Xmas.....

Last edited by Timmahh; 07-22-2021 at 09:26 AM.
Timmahh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2021, 07:53 AM   #44
Pebble Pounder

https://youtu.be/lIVCHnm0wtU
This is one of the best looking RTR bodies I've seen. Prime candidate for an actual safari/bikini top on the cage.
CamoColton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2021, 08:03 AM   #45
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmahh View Post
Hobbywing LCD wont work. Tried it on my Spectrum Firma 130 from my Ryft. Tried to connect, and that's is all.
The LCD box or the LED card?

The card definitely works, I’ve used it on the Firma 2 in 1 as well as the Firma ESCs from my Lasernut and LMT. I haven’t tried the programming box on the Spektrum ESC or the HW WiFi programming link.
svt923 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2021, 08:30 AM   #46
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Hobbywing LCD wont work. Tried it on my Spectrum Firma 130 from my Ryft. Tried to connect, and that's is all.

Radiolink RC6GS V2 (with the RC7GS Rx) has telemetry built in and is only 80.00 and as good as the top spectrum radio. Probably better imo.

I would rather have the Hobbywing Brand that the Spectrum brand, any day of the decade.

The cost issue is not the Manufacturers, or even their suppliers.

The cost issue is very easy to deduce.

We got COMMIES elected in 2020 via a Fraudulent Stolection backed by The Feral Federal Reserve System, China, Russia, UK, Germany, UN, WHO, and any other Commie Wannabe POS...

on Jan 20th, 2021, at 11:30PM Gas was 1.86 here. Today it is over 1.50 more up at 3.38.

1/2 of the money in Circulation today, has been printed in the last 8 months.

some will call it Inflation, but it is really Deflation. Deflation of the value of the dollar in your pockets.

The Greatest Wealth transfer in this Nation and the WORLD is happening today, and it is all flowing UPWARDS since Jan, 20, 2021, at 12:09pm when the Racist Bigot Joe Buydumb was sworn in as the Resider and Cheap with the Non African American Whore that blew her way into the Commiefornia AG office working for Former LA Mayor Willy Brown.

If you think the cost of the new Axial Early Bronco is high. just wait till you see gas prices at Xmas.....
Spoken like a true Trumper!!
CODYBOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2021, 09:29 AM   #47
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by CODYBOY View Post
Spoken like a true Trumper!!
You mean a True American.
One that doesn't want to see your children, or my grandchildren, nieces and nephews have to live under a Communist Government. This is where we are going fast with the current Criminals in Government.

and for what it's worth, most of the Repuklicant Party are no different.

You don't have to like Trump, but you can not deny the effect he had making those swamp critters expose themselves over the last 5.5 years since Trump announced in late 2015.

And with the level of absolute election fraud in 2020, and don't say there wasn't any or it hasn't been shown, the Demorats screamed RUSSIA RUSSIA RUSSIA fixed the election when Queen Hitlary was dethroned, there is no doubt the elections have been rigged by the machines for many a year. What they didn't count on is how many people would actually vote for Trump. They miscalculated in 2016 on the level of election fraud they had to commit to win. BIGLY>

For me in 2016, I saw it like this.

Congress had a 14-15% approval rating in 2015. 85% of D.C. was against Trump the minute he announced. That means the 85% of Congress that has No Support, Didn't want Trump. Why would that be? Maybe because they knew their ass was grass under Trump.
After watching him lay bare the RNC Candidates, there was no question.

You can call me whatever makes your taint less BURNY Bro! that's cool

But at the end of the day, you're only fooling yourself.

As far as What Axials price it. Feel lucky. It may well be the only Vehicle we might be able to afford to drive next year. lol

Bigger body, nice details. Not much new for it otherwise. Considering all the Politics that has gotten in the way over the last 16 months, be happy its not 100.00 more. Because the way it's looking, it will be by this time next year.

And scuttlebutt is there will be 'another round of "STIMULUS" coming. just another 7-9 trillion dollar bill. You know, because we have to do gender studies in Afganistan and make sure everyone has been vaxxinated to death. What's another 9 Trillion on the Debt, while the current admin drives all the money overseas, yet again...
time to invest in Milk.
JS.

Last edited by Timmahh; 07-22-2021 at 09:50 AM.
Timmahh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2021, 09:45 AM   #48
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
One that doesn't want to see your children, or my grandchildren, nieces and nephews have to live under a Communist Government. This is where we are going fast with the current Criminals in Government.

You don't have to like Trump, but you can not deny the effect he had making those swamp critters expose themselves over the last 5.5 years since Trump announced in late 2015.

And with the level of absolute election fraud in 2020, and don't say there wasn't any or it hasn't been shown, the Demorats screamed RUSSIA RUSSIA RUSSIA fixed the election when Queen Hitlary was dethroned, there is no doubt the elections have been rigged by the machines for many a year.

Congress had a 14-15% approval rating in 2015. 85% of D.C. was against Trump the minute he announced. That means the 85% of Congress that has No Support, Didn't want Trump. Why would that be? Maybe because they knew their ass was grass under Trump.

As far as What Axials price it. Feel lucky. It may well be the only Vehicle you might be able to afford to drive next year. lol

Bigger body, nice details. Not much new for it otherwise. Considering all the Politics that has gotten in the way over the last 16 months, be happy its not 100.00 more. Because the way it's looking, it will be by this time next year.

JS.
WOW
CODYBOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2021, 10:06 AM   #49
I wanna be Dave

And back to Axial news.....

I hope this is the kick in the pants to aftermarket to start making stuff for the straight axles. I had wanted to get the straight axle kit under my JLU, but I at least wanted some weighted knuckles which I didn't see for the straight axles.

I think Axial did make overdrive diff gears though right? I remember Axial branded overdrive diff gears being announced.
soze is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2021, 10:15 AM   #50
Rock Crawler

Quote:

And with the level of absolute election fraud in 2020, and don't say there wasn't any or it hasn't been shown, the Demorats screamed RUSSIA RUSSIA RUSSIA fixed the election when Queen Hitlary was dethroned, there is no doubt the elections have been rigged by the machines for many a year. What they didn't count on is how many people would actually vote for Trump. They miscalculated in 2016 on the level of election fraud they had to commit to win. BIGLY>

As far as What Axials price it. Feel lucky. It may well be the only Vehicle we might be able to afford to drive next year. lol

And scuttlebutt is there will be 'another round of "STIMULUS" coming. just another 7-9 trillion dollar bill. You know, because we have to do gender studies in Afganistan and make sure everyone has been vaxxinated to death. What's another 9 Trillion on the Debt, while the current admin drives all the money overseas, yet again...
time to invest in Milk.
JS.
And gas is too expensive
MOguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2021, 10:16 AM   #51
Gold Star Baby!

I read it has shorter shocks too. Interested in those possibly if they are 80-85.

The body looks nice, specifically the interior. The grill is sort of meh. Maybe with some detailing it will gain some dimension.

Sort of wish it had a normal bed instead of the spare tire carrier molded in.
Topher Builds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2021, 10:18 AM   #52
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by soze View Post
And back to Axial news.....

I hope this is the kick in the pants to aftermarket to start making stuff for the straight axles. I had wanted to get the straight axle kit under my JLU, but I at least wanted some weighted knuckles which I didn't see for the straight axles.

I think Axial did make overdrive diff gears though right? I remember Axial branded overdrive diff gears being announced.
What I am seeing is many are embracing the portal world since Axial came out with AR45. Why make straight axle stuff for the AR45 when the AR44 exists?

I think the real issue with portals was they were on the TRX4 and many in the more serious hobby side of this don't like Traxxas.
Old 07-22-2021, 10:25 AM   #53
Gold Star Baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOguy View Post
What I am seeing is many are embracing the portal world since Axial came out with AR45. Why make straight axle stuff for the AR45 when the AR44 exists?

I think the real issue with portals was they were on the TRX4 and many in the more serious hobby side of this don't like Traxxas.
I’m sure we’ll see straight axle aftermarket parts coming out now that there is an rtr with them equipped. I think the aftermarket was slow to respond to the straight axle ar45’s as they were only an option up until this rig.

The 10.2 brass knuckles will bolt up to the ar45 straight axles. The problem is getting the hex pin in as it is a mm or so off from lining up. I’m thinking if one were to use the offset universals from incision/vp for the vs410 that it would fix this issue. Just a guess though, haven’t tried it myself as I no longer have a vs410.
Old 07-22-2021, 11:21 AM   #54
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topher Builds View Post
I’m sure we’ll see straight axle aftermarket parts coming out now that there is an rtr with them equipped. I think the aftermarket was slow to respond to the straight axle ar45’s as they were only an option up until this rig.

The 10.2 brass knuckles will bolt up to the ar45 straight axles. The problem is getting the hex pin in as it is a mm or so off from lining up. I’m thinking if one were to use the offset universals from incision/vp for the vs410 that it would fix this issue. Just a guess though, haven’t tried it myself as I no longer have a vs410.
What would you gain by straight AR45 vs 44s? People love the AR44s why another straight axle from Axial?

At the last comp I was at I did see quite a few AR45s on dedicated comp rigs. Didn't see many portals even a few months ago.

On Facebook, posted on a C1 page, there was lots of talk about somebody that did very well at a big comp running AR45 as portals. I think that because of this event and because it was Axial portals there will be more and more people wanting AR45 portals esp for comp.
Old 07-22-2021, 11:28 AM   #55
Gold Star Baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOguy View Post
What would you gain by straight AR45 vs 44s? People love the AR44s why another straight axle from Axial?
The offset pumpkin is a must to run certain transmission types. Such as the VFD and the 10.3 transmission. Otherwise there’s some clearance gains by moving the pumpkin closer to the tire, and of course the ol scale looks benefit.

I love the ar44s myself too, and don’t plan on moving away from them for 45s any time soon.

There’s a place for both portals and straight axles, sometimes that’s the same place like my upcoming build. I like em all.

Part of the reason the axial portals are well received in comp land I reckon is because of the steering. Before the 10.3 portal it was only CVDs. Whether it be traxxas, vanquish, or Ssd. The axial uni’s and gearing options, along with the width being the same as the AR44, make the AR45P a heck of an axle. I’d take a 10.3 axle in a vp (or other) housing over the vp ultra portals or trx4 portals any day of the week.

Last edited by Topher Builds; 07-22-2021 at 11:32 AM.
Old 07-22-2021, 11:46 AM   #56
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topher Builds View Post
The offset pumpkin is a must to run certain transmission types. Such as the VFD and the 10.3 transmission. Otherwise there’s some clearance gains by moving the pumpkin closer to the tire, and of course the ol scale looks benefit.

I love the ar44s myself too, and don’t plan on moving away from them for 45s any time soon.

There’s a place for both portals and straight axles, sometimes that’s the same place like my upcoming build. I like em all.

Part of the reason the axial portals are well received in comp land I reckon is because of the steering. Before the 10.3 portal it was only CVDs. Whether it be traxxas, vanquish, or Ssd. The axial uni’s and gearing options, along with the width being the same as the AR44, make the AR45P a heck of an axle. I’d take a 10.3 axle in a vp (or other) housing over the vp ultra portals or trx4 portals any day of the week.

I have a build with TRX front and rear steer axles and out of the box they don't turn like the AR45s. With some Dremel work and the right link ends you can greatly improve them BUT then their steering joint in the shaft may break. But with the selectable lockers you can over come this BUT then you have a couple mini servos to deal with. Lots of buts.

BUT the stock TRX axles housings are stronger than the AR45s. The stock AR44 one piece axles housings are also week but there are other options for housings and am sure this will be the case with the AR45.

Last year when I ran portals they called them training wheels. This year many are running portals but it is OK because it is Axial. Kind of funny how certain brands are better received in certain circles.

On my C1 and C2 I have AR44s.

Last edited by MOguy; 07-22-2021 at 11:50 AM.
Old 07-22-2021, 01:30 PM   #57
RCC Addict

Default What's Axial up to?

I’m not sure why everyone says the ar45 housings are junk, sure the pan hard mount is weak, but with a gspeed brace for custom builds or bowhouse brace in stock form, all my ar45p rigs have taken some serious tumbles and I have yet to break a housing. There’s a reason you don’t see trx axles on basically any custom builds.

I’m excited for this thing, I’ll be buying straight axles and the body when it’s available to swap on my idle 10.3 rig.
I’m with TB, I like the look but a stock version with normal doors and bed would be a nice touch.

Also funny how much hate there was on the 10.3 when it was released being on portals that now they release a straight axle version there’s just as much hate

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by Fricker08; 07-22-2021 at 01:33 PM.
Fricker08 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2021, 02:03 PM   #58
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fricker08 View Post
I’m not sure why everyone says the ar45 housings are junk, sure the pan hard mount is weak, but with a gspeed brace for custom builds or bowhouse brace in stock form, all my ar45p rigs have taken some serious tumbles and I have yet to break a housing. There’s a reason you don’t see trx axles on basically any custom builds.

I’m excited for this thing, I’ll be buying straight axles and the body when it’s available to swap on my idle 10.3 rig.
I’m with TB, I like the look but a stock version with normal doors and bed would be a nice touch.

Also funny how much hate there was on the 10.3 when it was released being on portals that now they release a straight axle version there’s just as much hate

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
There was a post on a crawler or comp page of facebook were a few people had broke them. They all broke where the axle tube went into the portal.

The one piece AR 44s are weak at about the same place. I have broken two of those. Things break. I got some diamonds and some of the Axial 3 piece axels for my AR44s. Most RTR have weak points.

I don't think people are hating when they talk about things breaking. People use stuff, things break and you talk about it. You share your experiences on what happened and what you did to fix it. it is not about hate.

Why don't you think you see more TRX axles?
Old 07-22-2021, 02:56 PM   #59
Quarry Creeper

I see many complaining about price but in axials defense... I've been at this a long time and I recall buying my first axial rtr scorpion. It was nearly 300$. It came stock with pop can diff gears, plastic tranny gears, no drag brake, fm radio. 0 scale appearance and rock hard lizard tires. The list goes on but I will stop. And I'll tell you what I was stoked to have it. Now if anyone hear goes back that far then you might understand how far rc'ing has actually come. So is it worth buying 10 times the vehicle for twice the money. Imo it really is. That being said I hope they continue with the kits because building them is half the fun.
Rock solid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2021, 03:06 PM   #60
I wanna be Dave

I only wanted the AR45 straight axles for the look and off-center pumpkin on the SCX10III. I do like all the axles and I really don't have an issue with AR44 or AR45P.

I drive my SCX10III in a more scale manner (a la RC4WD) because of the really nice looking JLU body. I'd be driving the Bronco the same way if I got it.

I can understand choosing AR44 and AR45P for comps, as I would too if I'm looking to do more aggressive climbing/driving. I have other rigs to drive that way though (with AR44, Pro44, etc.), and I don't drive all my rigs the same way.

I've wanted to add the straight axles under my JLU, and put the portal axles that came with it on a flat rail chassis or some other rig that would be driven more aggressively.
soze is online now   Reply With Quote

What's Axial up to? - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
fun day at the (axial wraith rock race - scalers axial honcho - axial discovery) gionata78 Scale Videos! 1 08-06-2013 11:52 AM