Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > General Crawlers

Notices

Thread: Maintenance and also looking for tighter suspension for Bomber

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-06-2021, 04:28 PM   #1

Default Maintenance and also looking for tighter suspension for Bomber

After a couple years with the Castle Mamba X, I wanted to go over the Bomber and see what needs attention. My son did a few hard launches this weekend and the rear driveshaft coupler finally broke, not bad for holding up to the motor on 3S.

I would like to upgrade the driveshafts to a stronger CV shaft but may stick with stock. Four of the motor sensor leads have broke from the connector and that explains the slight jumpy starts, didn't even occur to me.

The 3 output bearings on the trans and transfer case had some grit to them, replaced those, the remaining gears and bearings inside look like new.

Going on 3 years with the stock suspension arms, but have replaced the end links a few times, I would like to upgrade without breaking the bank. I understand the aftermarket parts can get pricey, but most are reasonable.

I'm not after a show truck, but would like to improve on the amount of play in the suspension arms and sway bar. I've looked at the Hot Racing parts and those look good, but I don't know who makes parts that have more or less slop.

So I'm in the hunt for front and rear suspension arms, sway bar, and CV driveshafts. Also, it looks like some suspension arms have beefier, wider mounting points which appear to increase rigidity.

Open to all suggestions.
adauphin is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-04-2021, 07:15 AM   #2
Rock Stacker

Default Re: Maintenance and also looking for tighter suspension for Bomber

In any of the suspension links with replaceable rod ends I switched to Traxxas rod ends. I believe I used quite a few from the Revo rod end packages but since Tower Hobbies was bought by Horizon, I no longer have my order history.
bryantjt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2021, 07:47 AM   #3
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: Maintenance and also looking for tighter suspension for Bomber

ether replace with stock and live with it or break out that wallet and through it down the rabit hole

anything with 2.2 wheels and a solid axle is gona take a pounding the more you upgrade the more you need to upgrade its a dirty circle you get in too but once it spirals.down you end up with one hell of a rig
ferp420 is offline   Reply With Quote

Maintenance and also looking for tighter suspension for Bomber - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Bomber suspension - sway bar or spring rate change IntrepidMercians Axial RR10 Bomber 21 07-04-2018 06:19 AM
Axial bomber suspension Doodle Axial RR10 Bomber 5 02-16-2018 12:31 AM
Stage 1 Suspension Kit for RR10 Bomber Blue Monkey RC Axial RR10 Bomber 19 03-17-2016 08:30 PM
axial rr10 bomber with independent front suspension, is it possible? IIERIKII Axial RR10 Bomber 16 12-15-2015 01:57 PM