Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > General Crawlers

Notices

Thread: NEW Cross-RC EMO AT4V 1:10 Pick-up Truck Kit

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-15-2021, 05:17 AM   #1

Default NEW Cross-RC EMO AT4V 1:10 Pick-up Truck Kit

After a long wait I finally received my new AT4V kit and a selection of upgrade parts. I'm really looking forward to this new build. This particular kit has completely flown under the radar and I'm not sure if it is even on sale in USA or Europe yet (I ordered direct from China).

It is based on the AT4 chassis so it has the same portal axles, 2-speed transmission and remote-operated front/rear diff-locks but it uses the pick-up truck body from the VR4.

Anyway, you can get a first look at the kit and upgrade parts in my unboxing video, link below:

https://youtu.be/WO98SVRjyhc
BlackSeaRC is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-15-2021, 10:27 AM   #2
Rock Crawler

Default Re: NEW Cross-RC EMO AT4V 1:10 Pick-up Truck Kit

Nice looking rig!
King Dork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2021, 10:16 AM   #3

Over the last couple of weeks I have been building the AT4V kit from Cross-RC. In general it is a very nice kit to build. It is a pity that you have to strip down the pre-assembled gearbox, drop box and axle assemblies just to add a reasonable quantity of grease. At least the time wasn't completely wasted as I also used the opportunity to fit some upgrade parts during reassembly. Also there were a few areas where I had issues but there always seem to be a few of these on any kit build. The only ones I didn't resolve so far were the installation of an extra diff-lock servo (there is a bag of parts but no installation instructions) and one of the threaded pins that attaches the drive shaft to the axle just won't screw in properly. I guess the thread is damaged but this leaves me with possibly having to get a new driveshaft. At the moment the pin is fitted as far as I can insert it so we'll see if it holds or not during testing.

I made a video showing a step-by-step guide to building the chassis and integrating the upgrade parts. In the next video I will complete the body build and finish fitting the electrical parts and remaining upgrade parts.

See the new AT4V in detail here:

https://youtu.be/wOGXIPrYeRo
Old 09-30-2021, 04:43 AM   #4

The AT4V kit build is now complete:

https://youtu.be/Z_uJnZX9mww

This was a very interesting build and I'm pleased with the result. For me I wanted something a little bit different to the Traxxas TRX4 or Axial SCX10 and this was my choice. Now to see whether it performs as well as it looks...
Old 09-30-2021, 10:15 AM   #5
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackSeaRC View Post
The AT4V kit build is now complete:

https://youtu.be/Z_uJnZX9mww

This was a very interesting build and I'm pleased with the result. For me I wanted something a little bit different to the Traxxas TRX4 or Axial SCX10 and this was my choice. Now to see whether it performs as well as it looks...
Thanks for sharing, please follow up with a review once its run tested. BTW, you might've figured this out by now, but in the video you remarked on rough edges around the wheel arches. That can easily be resolved by using a sanding drum attachment on a rotary tool
https://www.amazon.com/Jumbo-51pc-Dr...98871024&psc=1
JimInMiami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2021, 09:34 PM   #6

This is great. There’s not much out there on the AT4. Just wondering what is the pinion and spur pitch? The RTR came with a 10T pinion but no mention of the pitch in case there is a need to upgrade. Thanks!
theotherdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2021, 11:45 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by theotherdude View Post
This is great. There’s not much out there on the AT4. Just wondering what is the pinion and spur pitch? The RTR came with a 10T pinion but no mention of the pitch in case there is a need to upgrade. Thanks!
Yes, the AT4V kit came with a 10T pinion gear as well but unfortunately there is no information about the pitch of the gear. It does seem to be available as a spare part from Cross-RC though if you need one.
Old 10-08-2021, 11:54 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimInMiami View Post
Thanks for sharing, please follow up with a review once its run tested. BTW, you might've figured this out by now, but in the video you remarked on rough edges around the wheel arches. That can easily be resolved by using a sanding drum attachment on a rotary tool
https://www.amazon.com/Jumbo-51pc-Dr...98871024&psc=1
Thanks for the tip Jim. The wheel arches turned out okay in the end but they did take a bit of work to get right. A lot of these kit builds are about having exactly the right tool for the job. Each kit from different manufacturers usually has a special technique or tool for doing something or other.

I'll be making a follow-up video showing how the truck performs and I'll also be adding some further customisations and upgrades.
Old 11-19-2021, 10:17 AM   #9

Just an update showing the final set-up, functional testing and performance testing of the new AT4V. Very impressed so far!

https://youtu.be/InGFFxIi9aQ
Old 11-29-2021, 02:38 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackSeaRC View Post
This particular kit has completely flown under the radar and I'm not sure if it is even on sale in USA or Europe yet (I ordered direct from China).
First of all nice work, nice rig! Not sure if you're referring to Cross in general or just to this AT4V kit but Cross RC products have been available in USA for a couple of years now (not sure about Europe) but I agree that Cross flies a bit under the radar compared to the other big three or four (Traxxas, axial, RC4WD...). I own an older Cross GC4 and I attest that the overall quality (materials and finish) of Cross is superior to RC4WD by far (I also have the G2 and recently did a writeup on my dissapointment with RC4WD quality issues). If anyone wants to check out another company like Cross that also flies under the radar but makes great stuff it's King Kong and their various models of Russian trucks (sadly mostly 1/12 and not 1/10 but if you don't mind that they're still uber cool imo and something off the beaten path if you don't want to be just another guy with a TF2/G2).

Last edited by 4stroke; 11-29-2021 at 02:44 PM.
4stroke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2022, 12:07 PM   #11

I wanted to add a few customisation accessories to further improve the scale realism of this truck. One of my aims was also to try to fit a scale interior. As you will see from the link below, this didn't go entirely to plan and I have to decide how best to proceed with that. Any advice on fitting a suitable scale interior on this truck would be much appreciated.

https://youtu.be/rROiFyUGQgE

NEW Cross-RC EMO AT4V 1:10 Pick-up Truck Kit - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Available for Pre Order the NEW Cross-Rc UC6 1/12 6x6 Truck Kit! RPP Hobby RPP Hobby 0 07-05-2018 12:04 PM
Cross RC PG4L 1/10 4WD 2-Speed Pick Up Truck kstowe General Crawlers 38 05-07-2016 07:20 PM
pick my truck!!!!! stumpjumper21 Newbie General 9 05-24-2007 11:17 AM