Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > General Crawlers
Loading

Notices

Thread: Advice on purchasing a new crawler kit

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-20-2021, 08:01 AM   #21
Rock Crawler
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Location: Terrassa/Barcelona
Posts: 764
Default Re: Advice on purchasing a new crawler kit

Great kit to build something good! Congrats.
themountain is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-20-2021, 08:47 PM   #22
RCC Addict
 
Join Date: Jun 2020
Location: The Big Island
Posts: 1,593
Default Re: Advice on purchasing a new crawler kit

The element is a good truck. Good idea on going with the kit. I've got the Senduro HD and it's been good besides the fact of finding a lot of stripped screws in the transmission. Not sure how others experiences are, but I can't even put the other OD gear in because every screw is stripped
ScaleLifeNewbie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2021, 09:41 PM   #23
Newbie
 
Join Date: May 2021
Location: NorCal
Posts: 43
Default Re: Advice on purchasing a new crawler kit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloody Idjit View Post
He has to make a project for school, so why not build and document his own crawler ? Win-win situation .
He gets to build this for school, win for sure!
Goro Majima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2021, 04:34 PM   #24
Newbie
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Ft. Dix
Posts: 32
Default Re: Advice on purchasing a new crawler kit

not sure if you make your purchases on line or if you have a hobby shop near you but if it is the latter i would take a look at what parts availability looks like there. always nice to be able to make a quick stop and pick up a part rather than having to wait for shipping.
zenitram09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2021, 04:20 AM   #25
Newbie
 
Join Date: Feb 2020
Location: Home
Posts: 9
Default Re: Advice on purchasing a new crawler kit

Quote:
Originally Posted by zenitram09 View Post
not sure if you make your purchases on line or if you have a hobby shop near you but if it is the latter i would take a look at what parts availability looks like there. always nice to be able to make a quick stop and pick up a part rather than having to wait for shipping.
Sorry for the late reply.

Yeah I get everything online, so parts are always a problem. Currently waiting for almost 2 months for a single transmission gear for the Redcat. So annoyed.

I did end up with Enduro, as parts would be an issue anyways... Still building it... slowly

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk
Bloody Idjit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2021, 05:12 AM   #26
RCC Addict
 
Join Date: Jun 2020
Location: The Big Island
Posts: 1,593
Default Re: Advice on purchasing a new crawler kit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloody Idjit View Post
Sorry for the late reply.

Yeah I get everything online, so parts are always a problem. Currently waiting for almost 2 months for a single transmission gear for the Redcat. So annoyed.

I did end up with Enduro, as parts would be an issue anyways... Still building it... slowly

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk
In Indiana???

Where do you order from?

I don't even wait that long for parts to Hawaii...
ScaleLifeNewbie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2021, 01:56 PM   #27
RCC Addict
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Tyler, TX
Posts: 1,615
Default Re: Advice on purchasing a new crawler kit

Probably a parts stock issue as has been the case for so many things recently. Supply chains are in disarray right now.
TexasSP is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2021, 12:28 AM   #28
Newbie
 
Join Date: Feb 2020
Location: Home
Posts: 9
Default Re: Advice on purchasing a new crawler kit

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScaleLifeNewbie View Post
In Indiana???

Where do you order from?

I don't even wait that long for parts to Hawaii...
Crap, forgot to update my location smh.

Used to live in Indiana....now it's India, much more difficult for RC

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk
Bloody Idjit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2021, 12:30 AM   #29
Newbie
 
Join Date: Feb 2020
Location: Home
Posts: 9
Default Re: Advice on purchasing a new crawler kit

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasSP View Post
Probably a parts stock issue as has been the case for so many things recently. Supply chains are in disarray right now.
Yeah, some prices rising as well. Can't be helped I guess.

Just grateful that I can afford multiple vehicles so my kid can play while we wait for parts.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk
Bloody Idjit is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Advice on purchasing a new crawler kit - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Advice on kit Piranhaboy General Crawlers 8 06-21-2020 08:37 AM
New kit advice cadriel General Crawlers 5 06-15-2018 10:50 PM
First kit advice? solidshark91493 Newbie General 10 12-04-2016 12:40 PM
HELP: Purchasing a SWX chassis kit Bucktallica Axial AX-10 Scorpion 5 03-19-2010 09:48 AM
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 01:31 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright 2004-2014 RCCrawler.com