Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > General Crawlers

Notices

Thread: Scratchbuild "on the cheap"

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-31-2021, 07:53 PM   #21

Default Re: Scratchbuild "on the cheap"

Got the itch to do a little crawling while building the 1/10 rig and to have something that can be used in the house without worrying about knocking something over or smashing whatever I'm piloting.

So I picked up a WLP C24-1 kit, a two speed transfer case and a soundboard kit that has an "all in one" receiver.

The CP24 is "RTR", so it comes with a couple LiIon batteries and a rechargeable pack for the transmitter. I'm hoping it's got a progressive steering servo, but it's only a couple bucks to buy another that this little rig needs. RTR trucks supposedly have "harder" tires, I'll live with it and if they bug me, I'll find another (softer) set.

Overall, I really like the toyota body on it. I had a Yota SR5 pickup (I think it was a "Hilux" outside of NA) back in high school with the 22r. Tough little truck, lots of fun, really underpowered.

The receiver controls lights, engine sounds, motor, steering servo and has another hook up for a servo winch should you want one. Has it's own transmitter and a small speaker as well. It's nothing special and perhaps will be fairly cheap feeling. Meh, that's what you get at these prices (I'm in Canada, we're not even close to what things cost in the USA).

All said and done, a touch shy of 200 bucks shipped to my door. Not bad for around these parts for a toy grade RC that can be upgraded to hobby grade if you want to start buying stuff for it......

Last edited by NoBrand; 08-31-2021 at 08:07 PM.
NoBrand is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-10-2021, 11:25 AM   #22

Default Re: Scratchbuild "on the cheap"

Love that crawler posted with the flip body. Looks like a fun little build.
Craigeo is offline   Reply With Quote

Scratchbuild "on the cheap" - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/gYr-dbPEOnE" frameborde boolean21 Scale Videos! 0 10-01-2013 09:39 AM
"Victim" or "V2" a "Country Boy Customs" class 3 Mighty1 2.2 Scale Rigs 10 05-06-2011 10:56 PM