Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > General Crawlers

Notices

Thread: More Axial rumors.... SCX6?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-18-2021, 09:20 AM   #81
RCC Addict

Default Re: More Axial rumors.... SCX6?

When I first saw Josh had a video about this, then Matt, I was like meh, but I'll watch because both those guys are solid.

After watching I'm even more disinterested.

Strike 1: Another Jeep Body
Strike 2: It's 6th Scale
Strike 3: It's 6th Scale on 3s max

I seriously just don't enjoy large scale although I wish I could. For me, Having driven several and never owning after driving, the experience is always the same. They're great when you can find a good area to run them, but those are few and far between. I find this one even more limited. I just can't think of many places around where I live that this would be fun.

I have no idea what this market will bring for Axial, but I know on Facebook Marketplace there are more used X-Maxx's for sale than anything else. And according to the hobby shops I've spoken with around me they aren't anywhere near their biggest sellers. In the end, I have no idea though, it isn't my company or my money. I certainly don't hold anything against Axial/Horizon for releasing it. But I would like the SCX10.3 Straight Axle as a kit with the dig parts in the box instead of RTR over this. I was looking over the Axial Bronco last week and really like it, but I would be ditching all of the stock electronics, wheels, and tires immediately. That's just a good value proposition for me.
TexasSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-18-2021, 10:27 AM   #82
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Col_Sanders View Post
Because I own a real JLU Rubicon, I want one. Highly doubt I will buy one but I wouldnt be mad if Axial sent me one for free. I have 3 subscribers so it seems like a good business move on their part.
"3 subscribers" huh? Rookie... With almost a full half dozen subscribers, I'll get a free one before you do...
Greatscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2021, 10:47 AM   #83
RCC Addict

Dang! At the rate I'm going, it will be another 6 years until I get that many!
Col_Sanders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2021, 12:07 PM   #84
I wanna be Dave

Well I must be an old guy, I’ve amassed 19 faithful, but still waiting on Axial! Wonder if 2 dozen is the trick?

Hang up and Drive
mikemcE is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2021, 03:44 PM   #85
RCC Addict

Im right there with u fellars. I may have a dozen subscribers, maybe we'll all get lucky n axial will send us all one... Lmbo
indybama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2021, 05:06 PM   #86

We getting one for commenting in this thread?
MrFridayNight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2021, 06:52 PM   #87
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by smog View Post
This thing is undeniably cool, at least for a few weeks. But seriously, I have absolutely no interest in hauling this behemoth to the trails. What a pain in the ass
Don't get a dirtbike then! Its much heavier, takes more effort to take to the trailheads, and requires muscles. But the fun is undeniable.

Same with the 1/6 Axial I'd guess... Fun! But maybe not as much fun for many.
I'll take it as a collectable... Around for awhile then disappear? Hmmm... I think it will be a rich guys toy too. A toy in the garage with the Vette and the Raptor lol.
I will guess there is an out of stock period for a while after the first wave. It will be curious how many are posted up here.

RTR's seem to lack relevance on this site. The RTR Ectos & Broncos seem to be rare. The SCX6 too?
No doubt great builds happen here.
Maxxamillion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2021, 07:04 PM   #88
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inspector86 View Post
It appears that anyone who has ever published an RC crawling related youtube video received an SCX 6 for review.
Yeah, I noticed that too. I always thought I was up on my Youtube RC Crawler channels and a bunch more popped up with a search for SCX6. I think Horizon left Oprah in charge of marketing this one.

You get an SCX6, you get an SCX6 and you get an SCX6, every body gets an SCX6.
OnTheTrail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2021, 08:53 PM   #89
RCC Addict

Yup. They let some if the biggest doof YouTube guys get them this time. I can't figure how anyone watches Mark Santa Maria. Guys is annoying on so many levels.

Last edited by TexasSP; 10-19-2021 at 02:46 PM.
TexasSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2021, 08:47 AM   #90
Slow is the new Fast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxxamillion View Post
Don't get a dirtbike then! Its much heavier, takes more effort to take to the trailheads, and requires muscles. But the fun is undeniable.

Same with the 1/6 Axial I'd guess... Fun! But maybe not as much fun for many.
I'll take it as a collectable... Around for awhile then disappear? Hmmm... I think it will be a rich guys toy too. A toy in the garage with the Vette and the Raptor lol.
I will guess there is an out of stock period for a while after the first wave. It will be curious how many are posted up here.

RTR's seem to lack relevance on this site. The RTR Ectos & Broncos seem to be rare. The SCX6 too?
No doubt great builds happen here.
I have a dirt bike, a quad, 2 sleds and a few bicycles all of which get ridden on. Planning to put a seat on your SCX6?
smog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2021, 01:43 PM   #91
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by smog View Post
I have a dirt bike, a quad, 2 sleds and a few bicycles all of which get ridden on. Planning to put a seat on your SCX6?
Glad you ride smog. :-) I have a KTM 2 smoker & bicycles also. I would carry a SCX6 to the trails. But I can't carry 6 1/10 scales to the trail head lol, so its a wash.
Just giving you a hard time...
I would love to own the SCX6, but I really need to unload my 'overstock' of rc stuff, 1/8 scale fuelies included.
West Desert Wheeler has a good vid wheelin' the SCX6, pretty competent IMO for 25 lbs, but it does fall hard and loud.

https://youtu.be/-bDLfi5tqdA
Maxxamillion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2021, 01:55 PM   #92
I wanna be Dave

I wonder how long until all the Chinese companies make pot metal knockoffs of these axles

Seriously though, I wonder how much the axles themselves would be...they'd make a pretty cool custom build.
ScaleLifeNewbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2021, 12:01 AM   #93
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScaleLifeNewbie View Post
I wonder how long until all the Chinese companies make pot metal knockoffs of these axles

Seriously though, I wonder how much the axles themselves would be...they'd make a pretty cool custom build.

5# pot metal Dumbells. I agree, and would like to get my hands on a set of those axles too.
Gula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2021, 01:29 AM   #94
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gula View Post
5# pot metal Dumbells. I agree, and would like to get my hands on a set of those axles too.
I just went to Axials website and it looks like you could piece together a set for around $270 without the bearings and knuckles. Maybe a complete axle set around $250-$300? I am very Interested in getting some of these lol.
Old 10-20-2021, 08:41 AM   #95
Quarry Creeper

More than just a rock crawler!

https://youtu.be/e13BmRHUbVc
Kingmeow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2021, 06:36 PM   #96
RCC Addict

Hey guys..... Long time no talk(read).......!

My take on this, WOW, and yes!

A 6th scale crawler on the trails, yes sir.

Im glad axial(HH) made this, just like when traxxas came out with the trx4,axial knocked this out the park.

You're gonna seen this go main stream just like how the RedCat racing 64 went. This will blow up. All the hop-ups, again gonna be a whole lotta hop ups.

I said to myself those axles are gonna be used on the smts.

All the builds with this thing that y'all would do with this! Some say no, but in reality we all want a bigger crawler, make it a kit and it's on!

I see a whole lotta jeep guys buying this thing.........lololol

So can't wait.
Frank211 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2021, 04:02 AM   #97

My rc shop got one in, its massive and the specs say it weights 25lb but definitely feels like it weighs a lot more
MAG00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2021, 07:16 AM   #98
I wanna be Dave

i wish axial would go back and make a front steering axle to match the yeti xl rear axle
my big wraith needs new axles
ferp420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2021, 01:15 PM   #99
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank211 View Post
All the builds with this thing that y'all would do with this! Some say no, but in reality we all want a bigger crawler, make it a kit and it's on!

So can't wait.
If the kit runs $500-$600, I'd have a hard time deciding between this and the new Phoenix. Big scale never really interested me, but this, has completely changed it. I have a new fed urge for this behemoth.
Old 10-21-2021, 02:29 PM   #100
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScaleLifeNewbie View Post
If the kit runs $500-$600, I'd have a hard time deciding between this and the new Phoenix. Big scale never really interested me, but this, has completely changed it. I have a new fed urge for this behemoth.

I'm in the same boat. I had been making mental space for the SCX 6 until that new Vanquish dropped. I've been wanting a portal project now that the worm is done, and this seems like it's my next purchase.

s
SteveB1 is offline   Reply With Quote

More Axial rumors.... SCX6? - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
scx6 another f150 new bright build ferp420 Large Scale Rigs 94 06-29-2023 10:39 AM
another scx6 ram newbright build ferp420 Large Scale Rigs 17 02-11-2019 12:44 PM
Any new tire rumors from HB or Panther? shelljeep Tires and Wheels 4 02-09-2011 06:42 PM
Rumors justeddie Chit Chat 4 05-21-2007 09:11 AM