Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > General Crawlers

Notices

Thread: Pinions and Spurs

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-01-2007, 03:23 AM   #1
Rock Crawler

Default Pinions and Spurs

Hey Guys,
I'm trying to put together a list of gearing options. I'll mostly be using a pede tranny. From what I've read, the gearing ranges from 13t - 20t pinions and 84t - 90t spurs. Is that a good guestimation?
I'm also picking up an R2 tranny, seems like between 12t and 20t pinions will be good for that one. Let me know if I'm on that right track.
Thanks,
Tom
metomwhou is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-06-2007, 03:42 PM   #2
Quarry Creeper

Default r2 trans

The 8t pinion that comes with the r2 trans is stupid slow!I tried a 12t and still feel like I need more wheelspeed.I just ordered a 15 and 16t from tower and hope one of these does the trick.I am running a 65t lathe motor in my f350 truggy.I think your gearing really depends on where you wheel and personal preference.I like to be able to crawl nice and slow when needed but having good wheelspeed just makes the truck more fun to drive.My bruiser has a pede trans and a Mag Mayhem motor.I think it currently has a 13t pinion and a 84t spur.This is a little tall for hardcore wheeling but when you mash the throttle it jumps like it has a small chevy in it!I love the Mag Mayhems,sucks they discontinued them.Jim
jhtoy is offline   Reply With Quote