RCCrawler Forums

RCCrawler Forums (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/)
-   General Crawlers (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/general-crawlers/)
-   -   VFD twin (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/general-crawlers/627079-vfd-twin.html)

AndrewRC 11-15-2021 08:35 AM

VFD twin

Anyone have an inside scoop on when vanquish is going to put the VFD twin transmission on the market by itself?

Panther6834 11-15-2021 10:24 AM

Re: VFD twin

One company you can count on for virtually no "leaks" is Vanquish. That's probably about the best that can be said.. and, unless anyone has more info, probably the only info.

~ More peace, love, and kindness would make the world a much better place

utieh 11-15-2021 10:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Panther6834 (Post 6098915)
One company you can count on for virtually no "leaks" is Vanquish. That's probably about the best that can be said.. and, unless anyone has more info, probably the only info.

Lol, that might be the only thing I'm not interested in with the Phoenix, not that I don't like it, but I'd prefer a simpler set up with fixed OD.

I'm wondering the same thing about the axles as a complete F/R kit (most of the parts are available on VP's website) and the bumper (not available yet).

Panther6834 11-15-2021 10:40 AM

Something I should have mentioned...but, admittedly, forgot...is that I'm suspecting Vanquish will not release a complete VFD-Twin transmission kit. Just as the Hurtz Dig was released as a separate 'upgrade' for the VFD, I'm suspecting that they will release a 'Twin' upgrade package. So...you'd either need to purchase the VFD transmission kit separately, or already have one.

One thing I can state...as Josh confirmed it during his live feed last week...is that a machined VFD-Twin Gear Set is forthcoming. I asked him during said live feed, and that's when he confirmed.

Quote:

Originally Posted by utieh (Post 6098917)
Lol, that might be the only thing I'm not interested in with the Phoenix, not that I don't like it, but I'd prefer a simpler set up with fixed OD.

Just like the dig, or 4WS, having dual ODs could prove useful in certain situations. My first C3 rig had/has 4WS (the original "build" has been disassembled (no, Johnny 5, not referring to you), but I am in the process of building a new C3 rig using the same axles)...and, even though was used very little, I was extremely happy that I had it when I needed it (it got me out of some 'tight' situations).

Timmahh 03-13-2022 02:11 PM

I think a VFD Twin release would be a stellar idea, but as mentioned, likely not what will happen.

I've been considering the tranny for a Belly dragger build as having selectable od and a dig option would be killer IMO for the rig I want to build.

DRED805 03-13-2022 03:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Timmahh (Post 6111014)
I think a VFD Twin release would be a stellar idea, but as mentioned, likely not what will happen.

I've been considering the tranny for a Belly dragger build as having selectable od and a dig option would be killer IMO for the rig I want to build.

You can find them for sale for $140-$160, new in package in the Facebook groups. I parted out a phoenix myself, for the transmission. Didn't want to deal with that again, and just bought another one from someone else's part out.

Timmahh 03-13-2022 03:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DRED805 (Post 6111019)
You can find them for sale for $140-$160, new in package in the Facebook groups. I parted out a phoenix myself, for the transmission. Didn't want to deal with that again, and just bought another one from someone else's part out.

Didn't see any on Fleabay, didn't think about Fakebook.
Thanks, I ll check it out.

Timmahh 03-21-2022 08:22 PM

Seen on the VP Fakebook page the VFD Twin listed as a separate 200.00 purchase to be available soon.

HumboldtEF 03-21-2022 08:36 PM

RPP has it listed now https://www.rpphobby.com/product_p/vps10200.htm

That usually means they're on their way to them soon.

DRED805 03-21-2022 08:51 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Took my VFD Twin Gspeed out this weekend for the first time. I love this transmission. I'm putting them in everything that doesn't need to be super light. 2wd on the fly is fantastic.

I've got a second one ready to be put together, and a 3rd one on the way soon, it looks like.

That said, I'd buy a phoenix and part it out before paying $200 for one.