Notices

Thread: Ground up!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-11-2022, 06:55 PM   #61
Rock Crawler

Default Re: Ground up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewRC View Post
Any suggestions on what to use for a micro servo?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I use reefs and NSDRC. I can't tell the difference, but the NSDRC is cheaper and supposedly stronger. Spare Time Hobbies makes a nice/cheap micro servo mount for the 3 gear dig.

If you want to go low profile instead of micro, I have one of these in the for sale forum, for half retail...

https://www.amainhobbies.com/protek-...kaAj9hEALw_wcB

Badass dig servo. I had it in my wraith, but had to go micro when I put a 70mm 1415 castle motor in it. Long ass motor sits where the servo used to be. I'll attach a pic of the old setup.
Attached Images

DRED805 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-12-2022, 05:42 AM   #62
Rock Crawler

Quote:
I wanted to go direct power to take the burden off the micro x but honestly how much juice is the dig servo going to use.

I have mini servos running off SW4s. The SW4 internal BEC is 5.5v and 1 or 2 amps. I have even run full sizer servos off it. The minis are fine the full size are slow and weaker.

The only dig I have had was an MOA so it was controlled by the ESC. I have had selectable lockers controlled by Mini ESCs and they don't need much power. They are basically just moving a plastic collar back and forth.

The stock TRX ESC's internal BEC is only a 6 volt with low amps and it runs mini servos fine.

Last edited by MOguy; 01-12-2022 at 05:53 AM.
MOguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2022, 02:10 PM   #63
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRED805 View Post
I use reefs and NSDRC. I can't tell the difference, but the NSDRC is cheaper and supposedly stronger. Spare Time Hobbies makes a nice/cheap micro servo mount for the 3 gear dig.

If you want to go low profile instead of micro, I have one of these in the for sale forum, for half retail...

https://www.amainhobbies.com/protek-...kaAj9hEALw_wcB

Badass dig servo. I had it in my wraith, but had to go micro when I put a 70mm 1415 castle motor in it. Long ass motor sits where the servo used to be. I'll attach a pic of the old setup.

I think I’m gonna go micro. Save on the weight in the ass end. I’ll check out the spare time hobbies and the nsdrc for sure. Reefs is almost as much as a decent full size so I’ll probably skip that.

AndrewRC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2022, 02:11 PM   #64
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOguy View Post
I have mini servos running off SW4s. The SW4 internal BEC is 5.5v and 1 or 2 amps. I have even run full sizer servos off it. The minis are fine the full size are slow and weaker.

The only dig I have had was an MOA so it was controlled by the ESC. I have had selectable lockers controlled by Mini ESCs and they don't need much power. They are basically just moving a plastic collar back and forth.

The stock TRX ESC's internal BEC is only a 6 volt with low amps and it runs mini servos fine.

I’m definitely going to look into a micro.

Old 01-12-2022, 02:17 PM   #65
Rock Crawler

I have had good luck with the cheap TRX micros. I have been running one at 7.4 volts for a few months and it works great. They are supposed to be limited to 6 volt. I have a controller where I can set the endpoints and that is also important. I think much of the fails people have with the TRX ones and what ever is in the Axial III on the dig may be avoided if the could adjust the endpoints.
Old 01-12-2022, 02:28 PM   #66
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOguy View Post
I have had good luck with the cheap TRX micros. I have been running one at 7.4 volts for a few months and it works great. They are supposed to be limited to 6 volt. I have a controller where I can set the endpoints and that is also important. I think much of the fails people have with the TRX ones and what ever is in the Axial III on the dig may be avoided if the could adjust the endpoints.

I went out and got the DX5 rugged. Yes the touch screen kinda sucks. But it has selectable endpoints I already have them set for the servo that’s in there so hopefully I will be able to just adjust a little and it won’t take 2 hours because of the stupid touch pad.

Old 01-13-2022, 05:23 AM   #67
Rock Crawler

Quote:
I went out and got the DX5 rugged. Yes the touch screen kinda sucks. But it has selectable endpoints I already have them set for the servo that’s in there so hopefully I will be able to just adjust a little and it won’t take 2 hours because of the stupid touch pad.

Once you get used to the touch pad it isn't as pad. When you use the touch pad start at the top of the screen and slide you finger down or at the bottom of the screen and slide your finger up as opposed to trying just touch it in the middle.

Ground up! - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Testing ground TRIGGER Redcat Crawlers 1 04-16-2011 06:27 AM
Ground clearence carp40 Axial AX-10 Scorpion 3 06-25-2010 01:13 PM
ground vs air bigshafty Newbie General 5 10-30-2008 12:48 PM
ground clerence. Kranberry General Crawlers 14 05-30-2007 06:31 PM
From the ground up. aubie Tamiya Txt-1 and Juggernaut 34 09-22-2005 08:48 PM