Notices

Thread: Garage junk = Crawler course obstacles? Discuss

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-27-2022, 12:55 PM   #21
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: Garage junk = Crawler course obstacles? Discuss

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrIsotope View Post
My new and possibly forever favorite now is Type S Mortar-- it's cheap, and you can use literally anything as a form/base (there's a guy on YouTube that makes super-realistic rock by putting Type S over crumpled up cardboard boxes.) Added bonus, it grips like nobody's business. Makes Amazon knock-offs feel like they're exotic compound.

I have gotten away from using scrap to make anything for crawler courses because it looks like a pile of scrap. That's a great looking natural course.
Druxus is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-27-2022, 01:12 PM   #22
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Druxus View Post
I have gotten away from using scrap to make anything for crawler courses because it looks like a pile of scrap.
I am close to the same mindset. I doubt that I will ever have a nice, natural looking course, but in the end, I hope it will look better than the pile of scrap I start with.

For my "left over" pallet parts section of the build, I am going to have to decrease the angles of two of the ramps. It looks do-able and all, but they are just over 50 degrees and not smooth. I might try mu hand at a little plaster/mortar work when I have a little time. Because I will need this contraption to be able to move around a bit, I have to think about the weight as well.
AK KRAWLER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2022, 09:11 PM   #23
Rock Crawler

Utilized a few fridge skids. I may have to do a final measure on them as far as the gap between them goes and fix them together so they don't move. Need more time to build stuff.
Goro Majima is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2022, 09:17 PM   #24
Rock Crawler

A really crap picture and angle, but here's a start to a new obstacle. It's gonna be a tabletop, and the left side of it will have 2 different entrances (I hope). One entrance will use part of that angled tree branch, and just gotta build beside it with probably more wood. And the other entrance will have the ability to come from the pavement onto the tabletop. As for the other side, I haven't figured that out yet. I may set the glass shelving there for more tests.
Old 09-25-2022, 08:31 PM   #25
Rock Crawler

I'll add more to this but at least it can be ran on end to end. Tested my Gen8 4Runner on it since I never recorded any footage with this rig yet.

Garage junk = Crawler course obstacles? Discuss - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Compact crawler obstacles Betts818 General Scale Talk 0 05-30-2016 06:49 PM
Very rare Ford GT40 found in hoarders garage under junk... STANG KILLA SS Chit Chat 6 04-15-2014 07:06 PM