Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > General Crawlers

Notices

Thread: New build. Mad Max style trail truck

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-22-2022, 09:16 PM   #1

Default New build. Mad Max style trail truck

Okay, so I'm trying to get things together to build a weird truck that will probably only make me happy. But I could use some input on what I should do to complete this build.

What I'm doing is a brushless trail truck, I have an extra traxxas velineon 3s system hanging out and was going to use it in this build. I want to build a truck that will top out at a pretty high speed and be more rock racer than crawler. I also want to put a muscle car body over the chassis and build a cage and light bars.

I'm up in the air on where to start, I've been going back and forth between an axial scx10 raw builders kit and the trx4 sport. I'm also thinking about what mods I'd have to do transmission wise to get a better top speed. And the last thing I wonder is if the dually axles from the cen racing f450 would put this thing over the top.
Chfmarcusb is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-23-2022, 11:00 PM   #2
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: New build. Mad Max style trail truck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chfmarcusb View Post
Okay, so I'm trying to get things together to build a weird truck that will probably only make me happy. But I could use some input on what I should do to complete this build.

What I'm doing is a brushless trail truck, I have an extra traxxas velineon 3s system hanging out and was going to use it in this build. I want to build a truck that will top out at a pretty high speed and be more rock racer than crawler. I also want to put a muscle car body over the chassis and build a cage and light bars.

I'm up in the air on where to start, I've been going back and forth between an axial scx10 raw builders kit and the trx4 sport. I'm also thinking about what mods I'd have to do transmission wise to get a better top speed. And the last thing I wonder is if the dually axles from the cen racing f450 would put this thing over the top.
If you want any handling at all, unlocked diffs and low cg...

Its fun to drive a crawler type rig fast on occasion but if you want to go fast go ifs at the very least.
I ran my RBK for quite a while on 3s 3000kv brushless and it was fun to rip around, but I was constantly flipping her back over when I turned and rolled her.

She topped out around 15ish mph and was wild to uncontrollable at top speed. (Stock gearing)
lonleycreeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2022, 07:06 AM   #3
I wanna be Dave

the 10ii would have a lower center of gravity by just a little and the trx4 seems to be more durable by just aliitle
ether way underdrive in the rear axle will help with the performance at speed on the dirt but you will loose a bit of top end its worth it i my opinion
i dont think the 10ii has a open diff option ether so.the trx4 might be a better way to go although the sport will have spools out of the box but you could change out to open diffs but thats not a cheap option i spent over $40 for 1 diff and.that was just the diff cup and gears and shafts not including the locking fork or the cable
ferp420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2022, 07:08 AM   #4
I wanna be Dave

if you have money burnin a hole in your pocket you could get the trx4 straight axle kit for higher speed gearing and a better center of gravity
ferp420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2022, 09:08 AM   #5
Quarry Creeper

I'd say you should look into the TRX-4 Chassis kit. Comes with 2 speed transmission and the unlockable diffs. You keep the RX/TX, toss the servo, motor and ESC and replace them with something more decent and choose whatever body you like for it.

You'll end up with a TRX-4 rolling chassis, with 2 speeds, lock/unlock diffs, and 5ch radio. If you feel the portals don't help, you can change them down the way, with the portal delete kit by SSD.
xagoras is offline   Reply With Quote

New build. Mad Max style trail truck - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Mad Max, style camaro build trukkracea Axial SCX-10 22 10-18-2016 04:34 PM
zombie apocalypse / mad max truck, needing ideas 1/10 SEMIJOE Large Scale Rigs 25 06-11-2015 06:17 PM
Mad Max Wraith Build *FeelMyWraith* Axial Wraith 8 04-15-2014 06:33 AM
FOFF Mad Max build xCoolHandLukex Formula Offroad 20 09-14-2013 08:50 PM
new guys 85 blazer-mad max style! Amazincaucasian Axial SCX-10 9 05-02-2011 07:10 PM