Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > General Crawlers

Notices

Thread: chassis setup question atl pro v2

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-26-2022, 08:50 AM   #1
Pebble Pounder

Default chassis setup question atl pro v2

just ordered a atl pro v2 i think im going to put some capra axles under it and i ordered a tgh 2low ebr
whats a light motor esc combo that you would go with will be trail runs / crawling

also what length shocks would you go with to? also brand
trying to order to many parts with nothing in hand yet and unshure what to do lol
ben h is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-26-2022, 11:26 AM   #2
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: chassis setup question atl pro v2

I've got GSpeed chassis with capra axles and the 2.low and I run snub nose revolver and a crawlmaster mini esc, or a sidewinder 4. I like a 2500kv motor since some of the obstacles I tackle require some wheel speed, but a 1400-1800 is what a lot of people run.

As for shocks, you've got quite a few options. I've got everything from a Traxxas GTS to a Element Enduro to a Dravtech. Something in the 85-90mm neighborhood is a good place to start.
Lashlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2022, 12:14 PM   #3
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lashlee View Post
I've got GSpeed chassis with capra axles and the 2.low and I run snub nose revolver and a crawlmaster mini esc, or a sidewinder 4. I like a 2500kv motor since some of the obstacles I tackle require some wheel speed, but a 1400-1800 is what a lot of people run.

As for shocks, you've got quite a few options. I've got everything from a Traxxas GTS to a Element Enduro to a Dravtech. Something in the 85-90mm neighborhood is a good place to start.
good to know on kv speed i will probly go with the 2500 then because i like wheel speed at times i think i have talked my self into a side winder 4 its sopose to offer more low speed control with its newer hardware.

might try the proline prospec shocks 90mm i have others laying around i can try just wanted somthing decent to start with
Old 01-26-2022, 02:04 PM   #4
Rock Crawler

Ben, given your application I would recommend the Castle Mamba Micro Crawler Edition. It’s 1/3 the size and I’ve run both escs in the same rig with the same 2 different Revolver motors and after tuning both escs for low speed control they’re equally smooth. Both will require a external bec unless running a direct power servo. The Mamba Micro Crawler Edition can be used sensored or sensorless which brings me to the next suggestion. I’d pair it with a Holmes Puller Pro Stubby V2 2200kv. You will be giving up a bit of low end versus a Revolver but Revolvers are not a great option for trailing either due to the design of the motor. Good luck with your choices and your project and we’re looking forward to updates.
King Dork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2022, 02:27 PM   #5
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Dork View Post
Ben, given your application I would recommend the Castle Mamba Micro Crawler Edition. It’s 1/3 the size and I’ve run both escs in the same rig with the same 2 different Revolver motors and after tuning both escs for low speed control they’re equally smooth. Both will require a external bec unless running a direct power servo. The Mamba Micro Crawler Edition can be used sensored or sensorless which brings me to the next suggestion. I’d pair it with a Holmes Puller Pro Stubby V2 2200kv. You will be giving up a bit of low end versus a Revolver but Revolvers are not a great option for trailing either due to the design of the motor. Good luck with your choices and your project and we’re looking forward to updates.
i actually didnt even think about the open case for trailing i guess it will probly get dusty that was one of the other choices i was looking at smaller size will be nicer ill do some looking at that combo! thanks for the advice ill make a build thread once the stuff starts showing up!
Old 01-26-2022, 02:53 PM   #6
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by ben h View Post
i actually didnt even think about the open case for trailing i guess it will probly get dusty that was one of the other choices i was looking at smaller size will be nicer ill do some looking at that combo! thanks for the advice ill make a build thread once the stuff starts showing up!
Don’t get me wrong. Revolvers are absolutely amazing motors, when used in the correct application. It’s also recommended to avoid getting them wet, and with the outer can of the motor spinning you have to be really careful to not get rocks, sticks, or anything else around the motor that might bind it up.
King Dork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2022, 05:53 PM   #7
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Dork View Post
Don’t get me wrong. Revolvers are absolutely amazing motors, when used in the correct application. It’s also recommended to avoid getting them wet, and with the outer can of the motor spinning you have to be really careful to not get rocks, sticks, or anything else around the motor that might bind it up.
i emailed homes he said its ok to get them web ( i want to use a pair of them in a blizzard) he said just clean em after and oil the bearings

but yea usually have dirt/mud under the body after a trail run

chassis setup question atl pro v2 - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Locked Up RC Pro CMS setup question Robudda Axial SCX-10 2 08-30-2016 07:03 AM
Dlux 2.2 Ultra Pro Chassis & limiting shocks question Digital EnRoute Berg 3 11-30-2015 09:10 AM
Flying with Scalers (ATL>NC>IL>CO>ATL) SinCity Chit Chat 7 12-02-2012 10:57 AM
RC4WD Pro-Scaler chassis question fred0000 General Scale Talk 7 09-21-2010 06:43 PM