Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > General Crawlers

Notices

Thread: Bouoght a new RR10 on sale but I don't need it.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-11-2022, 05:26 PM   #1
RCC Addict

Default Bouoght a new RR10 on sale but I don't need it.

The Axial RR10 Bomber was on sale last week for $100 off MSRP. Partly because I had just finished watching King of the Hammers and partly because I just couldn't resist a $100 discount, I pulled the trigger on one. Now I'm not sure what the hell I'm going to do with it since I prefer scale slow crawling. I guess time will tell if I enjoy driving it. Any thoughts on if an RR10 is a must have in my RC collection.
Inspector86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-11-2022, 05:56 PM   #2
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: Bouoght a new RR10 on sale but I don't need it.

The bomber isn't really fast out of the box. I put in a Holmes 550 can 21 turn that makes it feel like it should have come with a bigger motor from the factory. I have no rocks here at my house, but I do have miles of trails. Makes a nice trail machine with plenty of slow control.
Druxus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2022, 09:32 PM   #3
Pebble Pounder

do some simple mods. i bought one for my kid for the same reason. move the links into better locations print out the rear cage part and move the rear shocks back on the trailing arms i also swaped in a holmes motor axial seemed like it was lacking power. thing has some awesome flex hoping its a good trail rig this summer

ben h is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2022, 04:58 AM   #4
Pebble Pounder

The Bomber is a great platform, Get a swayer for it though as it does torque twist a fair amount. I say keep it and mod it, it'll give you something to tinker with ( tons of aftermarket support ) and something different to run.
Damion10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2022, 06:07 AM   #5
I wanna be Dave

We started a new trend locally with big tire "buggies", A couple events of rock racing and the winner both times was a Wraith, built with low cg in mind. I have brought out my lowered wraith a couple times and just walked obstacles the guys running class 2 rigs struggled or couldn't make, and the spirit has arisen. Someone just built a Wraith axled capra, Another Bomber is being built Ryfts are being lowered, and sensored motors are being dropped in.

I say bring it out and let the guys watch you climb something you can reach that they can't with their 12.3" wb, Soon you might find more and more big buggies around.

I second the rear sway bar.
lonleycreeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2022, 08:30 AM   #6
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inspector86 View Post
The Axial RR10 Bomber was on sale last week for $100 off MSRP. Partly because I had just finished watching King of the Hammers and partly because I just couldn't resist a $100 discount, I pulled the trigger on one. Now I'm not sure what the hell I'm going to do with it since I prefer scale slow crawling. I guess time will tell if I enjoy driving it. Any thoughts on if an RR10 is a must have in my RC collection.
Sounds like you have a big problem on your hands. Probably best if you send that bomber to me. Ill cover the shipping. ;)
islandlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2022, 08:41 AM   #7
I wanna be Dave

RR10 is a fun rig, make for bouncing more than crawling. It can crawl, but I had to put a sensored brushless system in to stop frying motors.

For me, the worst thing was doing anything with the electronics or gearing, you have to take the thing apart to get to both, which is neither simple or fast. In most cases, it took me a lot longer to get to the part that needed tweaking than it took to do the tweak.
Greatscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2022, 09:27 AM   #8
Pebble Pounder

I likely would have bought a bomber instead of the capra if they offered it in kit form. Hopefully you can get it set up right for you.
islandlife is offline   Reply With Quote

Bouoght a new RR10 on sale but I don't need it. - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
On Sale - Axial Racing RR10 Bomber 4WD Kit! RPP Hobby RPP Hobby 0 02-19-2018 11:06 AM