Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > General Crawlers

Notices

Thread: GCM Quality?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-19-2022, 12:07 AM   #1
I wanna be Dave

Default GCM Quality?

Looking on GCM website and seems like they have a lot of good stuff, but is it worth the price? Specifically speaking their chassis kits if anyone has/had experience with them. I know there a big company and have been around for a while, just wondering if they still live up to their name.

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ScaleLifeNewbie is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-19-2022, 06:45 AM   #2
Go Buckeyes!

Default Re: GCM Quality?

I purchased a GCM J2 Skeleton a couple years ago from them and the quality and finish is excellent. From what I've seen it their video's and what I've seen in person at comps, their products look to be made well and do well in competition. I'd say their products are aimed for more of the detailed scale builds.

Here's a couple pics of my J2 Skeleton that still needs completed. This chassis was designed for the China JK 2 door hardbody. I do have the body and I am still in the process of getting it completed.

Name:  IMG_4880.jpg
Views: 223
Size:  182.1 KB

Name:  IMG_4854.jpg
Views: 208
Size:  179.5 KB
B-MOW71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2022, 09:53 AM   #3
I wanna be Dave

I have a couple J2 skeleton chassis. The fit and quality is there, no complaints.
The only thing is electronics placement can be a challenge if you want it all up front under the hood.

If you want scale….this is the schiz
Postclanker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2022, 01:50 PM   #4
Quarry Creeper

I've got three GCM rigs: One Skeleton J2 and two of the new CMAX2 chassis. Quality is excellent, but they are kind of their own thing. Very much on the scale side of things, both in terms of appearance and capability.

I wouldn't say GCM is a large company, but they do go way back in the RC world. I think their higher cost reflects the level of quality and engineering/design that goes into their products.

Besides the cost of the chassis, you may want to get some of their 3D printed parts such as sliders, body/bumper mounts, and battery trays. Some of these parts are available for purchase on Shapeways, and others are made available as downloadable files through their Patreon group - which does involve a monthly fee. But there's also a pretty neat community and you can have direct interaction with the GCM guys through that group.
boldfin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2022, 03:20 PM   #5
I wanna be Dave

Default GCM Quality?

Thanks for all the responses guys. Good to hear GCM is a quality company, definitely in consideration now. Although I’m still trying to figure out what chassis I want to go with for my next build(1.55 hardbody) I’m pretty torn between getting a GCM CMAX kit or buying just some long frame rails and fabbing up bracing, mounts, etc. The only thing I’d be worried about is the GCM chassis not being long enough; I’m not sure where my wheelbase will land and I know of another set of rails that will most likely work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ScaleLifeNewbie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2022, 04:32 PM   #6
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScaleLifeNewbie View Post
The only thing I’d be worried about is the GCM chassis not being long enough; I’m not sure where my wheelbase will land and I know of another set of rails that will most likely work.

The original CMAX and CMAX 2 chassis rails are both 19.7" long, about 3-4" longer than most chassis rails. Likely plenty of length for most long wheelbase builds.

They do make some nice stuff, I built a CMAX a few years back and I have no complaints.
HumboldtEF is offline   Reply With Quote

GCM Quality? - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
All new GCM info site and GCM webstore Generis Vendors Market 0 07-04-2011 06:10 PM