Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > General Crawlers

Notices

Thread: VS410 Phoenix?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-12-2022, 08:18 AM   #21
Rock Stacker

Default Re: VS410 Phoenix?

Definitely should be a nice competive rig when its finished.
Besides some brass knuckle covers for the front im not really coming up with any other upgrades the truck could really need honestly, besides maybe a set of F9 portals one of these days.

Like i said this will be my class 2/3 rig and the trail king will be class 1 since its so heavy, the TK does perform very well in most circumstances though.

Any ways off topic, im heading to o'reilys this morning to pickup a waterpump/timing belt kit for "buckskin" aka my 2001 4.7 tundra along with new coilovers (also a 1" leveling kit) for the front and stocks for the rear, driveshaft bearing carrier, front balljoints, wheel hubs and supplies for a general tune up. im sure thier will be other items once i tear into the front end.

I've been driving my dads 300k+ mile 92 cherokee, that poor thing leaks oil from every where possible and afew i didnt know was possible haha.
It also punish's you for even thinking about going over half throttle, i know for a fact the clutch hasnt been changed in 100k plus.

So big tune up for the tundy is in order since it looks like ill be heading back to oklahoma later this year, an old friend inherited a house in the sticks and said i can live there for free if i do some work on the house/property and keep the property up to snuff, im a carpenter/remodeler by trade and in another life i was a mechanic ( motorcycles, 4wheelers, SXS, bo.
I must admit im really not into doing a waterpump in the utah cold but alas its life.
Doomp is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-14-2022, 08:08 PM   #22

Wow, I want to see this build! Please share pics and progress.
TheMark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2022, 08:35 PM   #23
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMark View Post
Wow, I want to see this build! Please share pics and progress.
I'll be starting a build thread the end of this week, tracking says friday for the vs410.

Has anybody run into front inner fender clearence issues with the vanquish extended shock towers with the phoenix molded inners?
Doomp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2022, 08:13 AM   #24

Sounds like a nice build with quality stuff. I started building mine Sunday night.
KyWoody is offline   Reply With Quote

VS410 Phoenix? - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
VS410 Question? byrnieman 1.9 Scale Rigs 2 05-13-2019 07:17 AM
Arizona, Phoenix, PARC (Phoenix Arizona Rock Crawlers) kevinlongisland Competition Results 5 12-18-2005 03:20 PM