Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > General Crawlers

Notices

Thread: First LCG build, advice please.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-08-2022, 01:43 PM   #1
Rock Crawler

Default First LCG build, advice please.

Not new to crawling, but this will be my first LCG build, I've gone for the TGH-HH Sherpa Sport kit with forward motor mount.
So far I have decided on Castle Mamba Micro crawler edition with a Castle BEC, HH V3 2040kv Snubnose, Kimbrough 60t #239 and SDD main propshafts with MIP for the shorty one from motor mount to t-case (because I already have them) and HardcoreRC high clearance links.
I already have a new in box Savox 1272, would this be ample at 30kg, running from the BEC to give it all the power it needs, or would an SHV500V3 be a very noticeable difference?
I've ordered an Incision 12t pinion, does 60/12 sound about right?
I am 95% sure I am going to use Capra axles and some VP wheels I already have, not decided on tyres yet.
Does this set up sound decent, is their anything I've got that may not work or could be improved upon?
I want as light as possible hence the electrics combo, someone did recommend the SW Micro to save even more weight over the Mamba Micro, but unsure on that.
I also have a Dlux Hamberger trans, are their any pros/cons to this vs the forward motor mount and t-case arrangement the kit comes with?
Any further tips/tricks/advice would be greatly appreciated.
Oh How Original is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-09-2022, 11:48 AM   #2
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: First LCG build, advice please.

I run a Mamba X with a 2200kv stubby Puller Pro with the FMM/Xfer case on my Sherpa so you're on the right track. I'm a fan of direct power servo's so the 500v3 gets my vote, but if you already have the Savox, it's hard to beat it. I crawl where I can use a little more wheel speed on certain obstacles so I have a 12T or 13T pinion with a 60T spur so you should be fine.

FWIW, my G-Shot with weighted SS Capra axles set up for 4WS is right at 5.8 pounds. I could possibly shed some weight if I wanted but I feel 5-6 pounds is a good place to start.
Lashlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2022, 01:06 PM   #3
Rock Crawler

What suspension do you want to use? Your rig sounds pretty dialed so far
themountain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2022, 01:23 PM   #4
Rock Crawler

Thanks for the replies guys, so I've gone with Dravtech 96mm shocks, I have the option to run straight axles (AR44s) if these are a tiny bit long, but had to go with what I could get, being in the UK sucks for certain parts and Dravtechs seem to be the best? Based on common opinions anyway.
In the end I also ordered an 11t pinion as that's what was in stock from the brand I wanted to buy from in the UK, hopefully it's fine, someone also mentioned in another thread that 12t can push the can very close to the rails and I don't want to damage the rail and/or motor.
Need to decide on wheels and tyres too, maybe opt for Krawlers in the stickiest compound, but open to other suggestions, I just find those to be fantastic and they aren't super wide.
I've got some SSD D holes, VP 101s, VP 105s and VP 310s.
Or should I be looking at something completely different? I want to stay 1.9 though.
Oh How Original is offline   Reply With Quote

First LCG build, advice please. - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
B-MOW's GSPEED TGH-V3 LCG Chassis Build B-MOW71 1.9 Scale Rigs 81 02-10-2023 06:16 AM
Hot Racing LCG Chassis Build JC3 Micro Scale Rigs 10 03-09-2022 02:25 PM
Furadi's LCG Enduro Kit build | Creep furadi Element RC 1/10 Enduro Trail Truck Sendero 7 12-02-2021 08:23 PM
What LCG gearbox for the build? To be adapted in a TRX4 Sport ovidiugm General Crawlers 5 03-30-2021 02:37 AM
Build Advice pigeonfarmboy Tamiya Txt-1 and Juggernaut 13 02-26-2006 01:54 AM