Notices

Thread: Second crawler

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-11-2022, 10:09 AM   #21
Rock Crawler

Default Re: Second crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigris99 View Post
Yeah but the rear is entirely different than regular enduro. It's what makes them outperform their previous versions and about anything else out of the box. I haven't been back in long enough to compare and gain a preference to things like axles lol. But driven a few different rigs and trx4 is on the list for sure.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk
It would be interesting to see how they perform. I don't do trail, I only comp. I have not seen anybody use a trailing arm setup so I always wondered why?
MOguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-11-2022, 11:29 AM   #22
Rock Crawler

Actually if you have 4 link you have trailing arms. But for rc production, basically a rod with threaded ends for the ball sockets has been a standard so very easy to produce to any length. But the links we are used to in rc and the "trailing arms" of the ecto/GK do the same thing and are the same thing. Change comes from shock placement and the anti-roll bar, both attached to them instead of the axle.

Shock placement does similar to what angling the shocks does (increases travel) of the axle, the sway bar would be to offset torque twist that crawlers with leaned over shocks are plagued with that spring and damper tuning can mostly fix.

Now I haven't read up on why element designed it the way they did but being 1:1 background, that would be the basic breakdown of the point of the design.

tigris99 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2022, 11:40 AM   #23
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Actually if you have 4 link you have trailing arms. But for rc production, basically a rod with threaded ends for the ball sockets has been a standard so very easy to produce to any length. But the links we are used to in rc and the "trailing arms" of the ecto/GK do the same thing and are the same thing. Change comes from shock placement and the anti-roll bar, both attached to them instead of the axle.

Shock placement does similar to what angling the shocks does (increases travel) of the axle, the sway bar would be to offset torque twist that crawlers with leaned over shocks are plagued with that spring and damper tuning can mostly fix.

Now I haven't read up on why element designed it the way they did but being 1:1 background, that would be the basic breakdown of the point of the design.

Gearing low will help deal with torque twist, volting up helps get the wheel speed pack. For me the element axle was horrible for toque twist. The AR44s and esp portals don't have as much of an issue. I do like the stock Enduro rails though.

Moving the shocks forward will change things but i suppose you can just use different shocks or tune them different.

with a 1:1 you need to drive freeway speeds with a RC crawler you don't things are different.

Last edited by MOguy; 05-11-2022 at 11:56 AM.
Old 05-11-2022, 01:26 PM   #24
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Yeah but the rear is entirely different than regular enduro. It's what makes them outperform their previous versions and about anything else out of the box. I haven't been back in long enough to compare and gain a preference to things like axles lol. But driven a few different rigs and trx4 is on the list for sure.

Sounds interesting. I have comp Sunday and will see if anybody is running one. Most will have comp built crawlers but there may be some more stock ones.
Old 05-11-2022, 02:13 PM   #25
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOguy View Post
Gearing low will help deal with torque twist, volting up helps get the wheel speed pack. For me the element axle was horrible for toque twist. The AR44s and esp portals don't have as much of an issue. I do like the stock Enduro rails though.

Moving the shocks forward will change things but i suppose you can just use different shocks or tune them different.

with a 1:1 you need to drive freeway speeds with a RC crawler you don't things are different.
OP, sorry we took over the thread. My bad.

MOguy, quick info, can explain some suspension set up info in further details over pm if you like. I'm a couple hours north of you.

Old 05-12-2022, 07:19 AM   #26
I wanna be Dave

enuff with this he sead he sead poop this is all you need to know the hobby is addicting your gona buy them all just acept it and role with it till the intervention happens and they take your toys away
you know your in trouble when your sitting on the end of a trail with a air compressor offering a blow job for a quarter to buy a new battery pack
come on man your rig is dirty just let me blow it off man come on i need a new battery

or when you pack up a weeks worth of camping gear to camp out at your local track and the track is behind a school in the middle of town less than a mile from your house

or showing up to rc in riped torn dirty cloths and shoes with holes in them them pull out a $2000 rc car
like i know my ass is hangin out but i cant aford a new pair of shorts cause i just bought new tires for my rc car

Last edited by ferp420; 05-12-2022 at 07:31 AM.
ferp420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2022, 08:37 AM   #27
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferp420 View Post
you know your in trouble when your sitting on the end of a trail with a air compressor offering a blow job for a quarter to buy a new battery pack
come on man your rig is dirty just let me blow it off man come on i need a new battery

You’re right though, the idea of choosing this rig vs that is ridiculous. You’re going to buy them all sooner or later.
twade984 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2022, 12:20 PM   #28

Quote:
enuff with this he sead he sead poop this is all you need to know the hobby is addicting your gona buy them all just acept it and role with it till the intervention happens and they take your toys away

or when you pack up a weeks worth of camping gear to camp out at your local track and the track is behind a school in the middle of town less than a mile from your house

or showing up to rc in riped torn dirty cloths and shoes with holes in them them pull out a $2000 rc car
like i know my ass is hangin out but i cant aford a new pair of shorts cause i just bought new tires for my rc car
Bahahahah this is great! I agree I will end up with one of each I already know it
Scott Tighe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2022, 04:09 PM   #29
Rock Crawler

Quote:

OMG I feel this. Have to have priorities in the right place. Who cares if your clothes are old and tore up as long as your happy!

Second crawler - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
TCS - Novak Goat Crawler Systems in stock @ TCScrawlers.com - The Crawler Store kevinlongisland Vendors Market 0 09-14-2007 09:34 AM