Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > General Crawlers

Notices

Thread: CrossRC EMO XT4

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-21-2022, 04:48 PM   #1
Rock Crawler

Default CrossRC EMO XT4

anybody seen this thing yet? It is a 100% direct copy of OffRoad Design's Stephen Watson's K30 right down to his shop's logo. I sent them and email about it but he already knew. He is trying to get them a proper sticker package and I assume get something for it.

Cross-RC-EMO-XT4-4 by JASON MCKIMMEY, on Flickr

The 1:1.

2318 by JASON MCKIMMEY, on Flickr
JDM74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-21-2022, 05:46 PM   #2
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: CrossRC EMO XT4

Yeah, I typically check BigSquidRC daily, and then Harley mentioned it on his YouTube scale news thing.

I love the look, and hopefully credit ends up being given where it is due as far as licensing!

Wouldn't mind seeing if the body would mount on another chassis, myself - this body built on top of something like the SSD Trail King would be EPIC...
durok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2022, 01:29 PM   #3
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by durok View Post
Yeah, I typically check BigSquidRC daily, and then Harley mentioned it on his YouTube scale news thing.

I love the look, and hopefully credit ends up being given where it is due as far as licensing!

Wouldn't mind seeing if the body would mount on another chassis, myself - this body built on top of something like the SSD Trail King would be EPIC...
The only reason I recognized it is because I have bought a lot of parts for my 1:1 GMC (Current 1:1 project 1986 GMC). ORD really knows the squarebody GM trucks and the owner, Stephen Watson, is a great guy. 9 times out of 10 if you email or call them with a question, he would answer the phone. In fact when I emailed them about this he was the one that replied. I hate to see people that work hard not get credit. His K30 is what I aspire my GMC to be like (never going to get there, lol).

This body would be epic on another chassis if you could make it work. Maybe a SCX10.iii? I'm not sure on the wheelbase but that can be fixed easy enough.
JDM74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2022, 04:59 PM   #4
Rock Crawler

The JT4 is on my short list, and this one is pretty cool too.
King Dork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2022, 06:09 AM   #5
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDM74 View Post
I hate to see people that work hard not get credit.
I agree but I highly doubt Cross RC will enter into a licensing agreement. Heck, they didn't bother to do it with Chevy so I'm guessing there's not much chance the little guys would get an agreement either.
OnTheTrail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2022, 07:43 AM   #6
Slow is the new Fast

I have never built a Cross crawler kit, this rig makes the prospect tempting. They nailed the body design, it’s cool. Reviews on the quality of their trucks aren’t positive from what at I have seen(mostly here on rcc). Are they really that bad?
smog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2022, 10:14 AM   #7
Rock Crawler

Smog, I built a KR4C Demon kit and it was honestly the most chill build I’ve done. Everything fit without any issues. I purchased and installed the updated transmission at the time of assembly. Axles were already assembled and greased with the normal Chinese “bizarre smelling” grease. I disassembled, cleaned, and regreased with red & tacky. Shocks are really nice and included “in Demon C kits” tires, 2-stage foams, and beadlocks are great. I bought the KR4C for a leisurely driver, but I’m certain that it’s capabilities exceed my intended use for the rig
The biggest complaints around the Demon series was the weak stock transmission. The gears resembled gears you’d expect to see in a wristwatch. New trans is inexpensive and has thick beefy 32 pitch gears, but there’s no motor adjustments so you’re stuck with the included pinion. Second, Cross’ customer service is horrendous. Easily the worst I’ve ever dealt with. Obviously parts availability is limited to few distributors.
The new trucks share next to nothing with the Demon series. Completely clean slate design and feedback on the new trucks is actually very positive, but again, hunting parts down will be a bit more involved than your crop of “regular” brands.
Old 05-30-2022, 12:37 PM   #8
Slow is the new Fast

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Dork View Post
Smog, I built a KR4C Demon kit and it was honestly the most chill build I’ve done. Everything fit without any issues. I purchased and installed the updated transmission at the time of assembly. Axles were already assembled and greased with the normal Chinese “bizarre smelling” grease. I disassembled, cleaned, and regreased with red & tacky. Shocks are really nice and included “in Demon C kits” tires, 2-stage foams, and beadlocks are great. I bought the KR4C for a leisurely driver, but I’m certain that it’s capabilities exceed my intended use for the rig
The biggest complaints around the Demon series was the weak stock transmission. The gears resembled gears you’d expect to see in a wristwatch. New trans is inexpensive and has thick beefy 32 pitch gears, but there’s no motor adjustments so you’re stuck with the included pinion. Second, Cross’ customer service is horrendous. Easily the worst I’ve ever dealt with. Obviously parts availability is limited to few distributors.
The new trucks share next to nothing with the Demon series. Completely clean slate design and feedback on the new trucks is actually very positive, but again, hunting parts down will be a bit more involved than your crop of “regular” brands.
Appreciate the feedback KD, thank you. Guess it’s time to wait for the YouTube video reviews on this to start popping up.

The demon trans sounds like poor design. Not allowing room for pinion adjustments seems incredibly short sighted
smog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2022, 01:11 PM   #9
Rock Crawler

The videos that are out n the XT, AT, and JT rigs look pretty good. I plan on picking up a JT series kit at some point.

CrossRC EMO XT4 - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
NEW Cross-RC EMO AT4V 1:10 Pick-up Truck Kit BlackSeaRC General Crawlers 10 08-07-2022 12:07 PM
New CrossRC Frank211 General Scale Talk 62 11-13-2018 03:55 PM
Hot emo girls CUSTOMHILUX Chit Chat 16 09-13-2010 09:43 AM
EMO KIDS video slobin3d Chit Chat 3 05-04-2007 08:58 PM
PURE HILARITY: Emo dorks song! dabid Chit Chat 4 09-22-2005 09:41 AM