Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > General Crawlers

Notices

Thread: Phoenix/Chandler Arizona places to crawl

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-09-2023, 02:44 PM   #1
Rock Crawler

Default Phoenix/Chandler Arizona places to crawl

The wife's got a business trip in Chandler Arizona, just outside of Phoenix. Somehow I've got roped into the mess lol. I've got 1 day to myself and thought I'd take advantage of it. I thought about bringing the mountain bike down but seams like alot of hassle for one ride. So I'm thinking of bringing trucks down instead to run. I've got 24's, tr4m, utb18 capra, 1/10th crawlers and bombers I can bring.

So now to the question. Is there any great places to crawl in or around Chandler or Phoenix? Somewhere close to thoses areas preferably say within a hour or less. Thanks guys.
Levi is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-09-2023, 04:34 PM   #2
Pebble Pounder

Default Re: Phoenix/Chandler Arizona places to crawl

You should head out to mini moab. It's around 45 minutes away from chandler. You could also go to south mountain, hole in the rock (Phoenix) or dog park (Tempe). Mini Moab is the best though. Nice drive too. If you go in the Arizona section of this forum you can find a map.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk
Bob_in az is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2023, 10:53 PM   #3
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob_in az View Post
You should head out to mini moab. It's around 45 minutes away from chandler. You could also go to south mountain, hole in the rock (Phoenix) or dog park (Tempe). Mini Moab is the best though. Nice drive too. If you go in the Arizona section of this forum you can find a map.

Thanks. I dod notice a comment you made to someone else after I kept digging around. Mini Moab sounds good. I'll have to look at it.
Old 01-12-2023, 12:09 PM   #4
Rock Crawler

Quote:

Been looking at mini moab, Phon d Sutton recreation area looks like great places to crawl. But where on earth is this place in falcon hills? Far as a location to drive to? I can't seem to find it in the Arizona tab either. But I could be blind too.
Old 01-13-2023, 07:32 AM   #5
Pebble Pounder

Falcon Hill is in Mesa. It's in between a park & a school. Off of Power Rd & McKellips Rd. It's in a residential neighborhood. It's a great place for a short, but tough crawl.
Bob_in az is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2023, 10:52 AM   #6
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Falcon Hill is in Mesa. It's in between a park & a school. Off of Power Rd & McKellips Rd. It's in a residential neighborhood. It's a great place for a short, but tough crawl.
Thanks again. That's way I couldn't find it. Be interesting to try somewhere new to crawl. Now just have to decide what truck to bring lol.
Old 01-13-2023, 04:18 PM   #7
Rock Crawler

Not sure if you're aware, but there is a section towards the bottom of the forum organized by different areas of the country.

Southwest - Arizona at RCCrawler.com
58_Willys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2023, 03:23 PM   #8

I think you can crawl anywhere

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk
chevyjlewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2023, 12:23 PM   #9
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by 58_Willys View Post
Not sure if you're aware, but there is a section towards the bottom of the forum organized by different areas of the country.

Southwest - Arizona at RCCrawler.com
Yep I did notice. Looked at it. But thought I'd just ask anyway. Thanks. Even though it's a short time I got I'm looking forward to hitting up mini moab or phon d Sutton recreation area. Who knows maybe even both. Makes me want to load up a bunch of trucks but due to time unfortunately only take one 1/10th and maybe a micro.
Old 03-16-2023, 07:59 PM   #10
Rock Crawler

Quote:

Thanks for the great info. We found our way out to mini Moab today. Easy to find. About 35 minutes drive from chandler today. Had the place to ourselves other than the parking lot across the road of course. Mini Moab is such a awesome spot to run trucks. Love the riverbed to run in and great places to pick a bunch of different lines. Even found a rc4wd comp gate sign left behind so you know we found the right place to be at lol.

Sent from my SM-A516U using Tapatalk

Phoenix/Chandler Arizona places to crawl - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
HEY! Places to crawl around Phoenix/Gilbert area? underscorepatrick Arizona 5 10-08-2018 08:07 PM
Going to be in Chandler/Phoenix area in March Silent Panda Arizona 6 03-17-2016 06:43 PM
Super Crawl V, Phoenix Arizona Dic 1-3, 2006 chivas72 Chit Chat 15 12-13-2006 08:28 PM
Arizona, Phoenix, PARC (Phoenix Arizona Rock Crawlers) kevinlongisland Competition Results 5 12-18-2005 03:20 PM
PARC Phoenix Arizona, November 20th Competition/Fun-Crawl kevinlongisland Arizona 4 11-08-2004 07:22 PM