Notices

Thread: RC4WD Trail Finder Truck Kit

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-20-2008, 06:38 PM   #61
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by crawleR07 View Post
I know it'll be worth the wait for sure, ....but waiting sucks
When the grim reaper comes to get my poor little soul .....Im going to tell him . SORRY IM ON BACK ORDER CHECK BACK LATER....LOL.....
JEFF THE JET is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-20-2008, 09:01 PM   #62
Pebble Pounder

Ya sorry reap, it looks like late next week for now.....lol
crawleR07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2008, 04:36 PM   #63
Rock Stacker

It's a runner! no pics yet, but let me say with a 55 turn motor and the two speed tranny it's got the perfect blend of speed for scale bashing and slow for crawling. I just spent 45 min. out back on varied terrain beating on it like a red headed stepchild and it held up like the solid chunk of metal that it is. This truck is amazing, I was going from slowly navigating 4ft tall rock piles to full speed jumps catching like 2-3 ft air. Now if tamiya would just get some grills out for the hilux, I'd be done. You guys are going to love this truck.
pavel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2008, 04:41 PM   #64
Quarry Creeper

i wish the thing would find a trail to my house. hey pavel sounds like fun i cant wait for mine.
Old 06-21-2008, 08:23 PM   #65
Pebble Pounder

[quote=JEFF THE JET;1235052]i wish the thing would find a trail to my house..................Nice!
Old 06-21-2008, 08:29 PM   #66
Quarry Creeper

Mine Should Be Here Wensday If They Send It Out Monday..
Old 06-22-2008, 01:55 AM   #67
Pebble Pounder

Well, I received mine. It is a great chassis, but it has a small mistake...
http://www.scale4x4rc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=21710
Vapex.eu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2008, 09:19 AM   #68
Quarry Creeper

Come on RC4WD you've got to do better than this
bretkissick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2008, 11:19 AM   #69
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by crawleR07 View Post
Are they coming assembled? Ya I'd rather get my kit than wait for them to build it. Fell to June 18 on shipping now, ....this looks ugly.
........I knew I was on to something here
Old 06-22-2008, 02:09 PM   #70
Pebble Pounder

They have multiple issues with this kit so far, im not to impressed. the quality of the items they give you is great, but how they have it set up and stuff is awful. i made brackets to hold the tranny now so the driveshaft angle is alot better. its lower, before it would clog up and yokes wouldent turn properly, but after a while it should loosin up with more beating! I've had a few other issues with the pinion, it had a extra peice of metal i didnt notice on it, and when i tried to drive, it got stuck and nearly burned up my motor. Also beware of the axle internals stripping out. if you have opened up the axle yet, it comes apart and there are teeth on the shaft where the shaft slides into the spool, the teeth on the spool strip out fairly easy, and i've had to drill a hole in the spool and put a pin through the axle and spool to hold it together. Be very careful when putting the axles onto the chassis, the screws are to long or the holes in the axle isnt long enough, i snapped a head of a screw in the axle and had to drill it out and tap it and stuff, the screw isnt supposed to go all the way down, so dont try to force it!!!
RcFanatic92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2008, 05:45 PM   #71
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by RcFanatic92 View Post
They have multiple issues with this kit so far, im not to impressed. the quality of the items they give you is great, but how they have it set up and stuff is awful. i made brackets to hold the tranny now so the driveshaft angle is alot better. its lower, before it would clog up and yokes wouldent turn properly, but after a while it should loosin up with more beating! I've had a few other issues with the pinion, it had a extra peice of metal i didnt notice on it, and when i tried to drive, it got stuck and nearly burned up my motor. Also beware of the axle internals stripping out. if you have opened up the axle yet, it comes apart and there are teeth on the shaft where the shaft slides into the spool, the teeth on the spool strip out fairly easy, and i've had to drill a hole in the spool and put a pin through the axle and spool to hold it together. Be very careful when putting the axles onto the chassis, the screws are to long or the holes in the axle isnt long enough, i snapped a head of a screw in the axle and had to drill it out and tap it and stuff, the screw isnt supposed to go all the way down, so dont try to force it!!!

IT almost sounds like someone didnt take ther time on assembly? you have to "test " fit every thing then assemble? i could be wrong. and prolly am. but dam all those problems with one kit?
Old 06-22-2008, 08:10 PM   #72
Pebble Pounder

take there time on assembly? oohhh trust me, i've had it for almost a month, and have driven it for about 10 minutes max overall, its problem after problem for me at this stage. It is working out now since I made some brackets for the tranny so the driveshaft angle isn't bad, but now I have mad glitching because I think i messed up my ESC when the piece of metal on the pinion jammed up my tranny, and i kept trying to get it to break loose, so i'm going to take it out and test the esc and everything without the car, and then i'll probably buy a new one anyways because its not a great esc, its a xl-5 traxxas one.
Old 06-22-2008, 08:19 PM   #73
I wanna be Dave

RcFanatic92, send us some pictures of your setup, so we can take a look. We also constantly making small improvements on the chassis, if somebody got older version, we can send out a free replacement. Remember, our D40 axle has been selling for months already. Never any issues with it. And all D40 axle are pre-assembled when we ship out. Our R2 2 speed transmission has been around for a year now as well, so is the punisher shaft. We are working on a good instruction manual, we might need a few weeks on it still.
rc4wd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2008, 04:37 PM   #74
Pebble Pounder

Was told last Wednesday it would be shipped in two to three days and well it's Monday afternoon and still no tracking........:-(
Old 06-23-2008, 05:59 PM   #75
Pebble Pounder

Weird, every time i've had to email them or had questions, they usually replied pretty quick. i've had them send me different parts 2 times and they gave me tracking numbers both times really fast. i also just emailed them yesterday, and they gave me a tracking number on a new chassis today. (was missing the chassis supports and body mounts)
Old 06-23-2008, 07:49 PM   #76
Quarry Creeper

Yaaaaahhhhhooooooooo i got my tracking # boys!!! Its in the mail. looks like i might be sick on thursday or friday..... Just might have to call in to work.Shoot i see two sick days coming up
Old 06-23-2008, 07:51 PM   #77
I wanna be Dave

crawleR07, send us an email again, we shipped many kit on Friday and today already.
Old 06-23-2008, 09:38 PM   #78
Pebble Pounder

""crawleR07, send us an email again, we shipped many kit on Friday and today already.""

Order #14061
Old 06-23-2008, 09:40 PM   #79
I wanna be Dave

crawleR07, I already emailed you back about this. Our assembly team packed on Friday.

Monday is usually a bad day for us, with all the orders that need to go out. I already send out a reminder for our shipping team to check and update you with a tracking # early tomorrow morning.
Old 06-23-2008, 09:47 PM   #80
Pebble Pounder

ok Thank You, looking forward to it