Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs General Tech > General Scale Talk

Notices

Thread: Does anyone have any experience with....

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-15-2008, 10:59 PM   #1
I wanna be Dave

Default Does anyone have any experience with....

RC4WD's Rear or Front Axle Shafts for the Bruisers? Or there Pinion gears for the Bruiser?

I'm wondering if there strong enough to hold up to scale crawling and if the gear mesh is precision enough to hold up.

I'm looking for honest feedback.

Thanks!

kaetwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-16-2008, 10:23 AM   #2
Sinking with the ship

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaetwo View Post
RC4WD's Rear or Front Axle Shafts for the Bruisers? Or there Pinion gears for the Bruiser?

I'm wondering if there strong enough to hold up to scale crawling and if the gear mesh is precision enough to hold up.

I'm looking for honest feedback.

Thanks!

Their internal axle parts were disastrous when I had them. The front axle had terrible ring gear run out, so much so that it would bind on revolutions. When they updated it, it became a 2 pc and the axles would move around inside the ring gear. The rear axle also had terrible run out in the ring gear, and one end was machined differently then the other (longer). When they updated it, the run out was good but the ends were still machined wrong...

Not sure how they are now though...

-Mike
1BadJeepBruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2008, 10:42 AM   #3
I wanna be Dave

That's sad.

I was hoping to find a good replacement for the internals. I know that you have a set of stock bruiser axles under your clone now, how well do the stock bruiser internals hold up? I know that Badger runs them and for lack of a better term, beats the shiat out of his rig. Are they really that fragile?

Thanks for the info!

Old 07-16-2008, 11:02 AM   #4
Sinking with the ship

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaetwo View Post
That's sad.

I was hoping to find a good replacement for the internals. I know that you have a set of stock bruiser axles under your clone now, how well do the stock bruiser internals hold up? I know that Badger runs them and for lack of a better term, beats the shiat out of his rig. Are they really that fragile?

Thanks for the info!

IMO, they are pretty strong. Badger beats the balls out of his rig and I use to womp the Trekker pretty good as well as the pathfinder. If you shim the pinion gear for good mesh and run bearings they will be fine.

The biggest issue is people snapping the front axle ends. I personally have never broken one. However, this isnt even that big of a deal as the Bruiser OG Dean (chino63) has a awesome solution. You basically cut the axle, and get a tlt axle, cut and weld it to the stock one. Dean told me he has done it to several of his and dustins rigs and have never broke an axle again.

-Mike
1BadJeepBruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2008, 11:05 AM   #5
I wanna be Dave

Very cool!

Thanks for all the help