Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs General Tech > General Scale Talk

Notices

Thread: 1.9 to 2.2 differences?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-04-2010, 02:19 PM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default 1.9 to 2.2 differences?

I've been into the crawlers for a while now, but I'm still a newb to the scale scene so I'm curious...whats the difference in a 1.9 truck to a 2.2? I know the tire size is different, but is that the ONLY difference? I currently have a Axial AX-10 Scorpion that I want to convert to a scale truck, so any input along the way is much appreciated (chassis suggestions?). I have a Tamiya Humvee body I'm going to try and fit then build around all that fun stuff lol. Thanks guys-
M109R is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-04-2010, 05:27 PM   #2

That is pretty much it. I think that generally the smaller the wheel size, the more scale they tend to be built. 2.2's are more monster truck like, 1.9 guys want a more scale look but don't go all out, and the 1.55 guys seem to build the most scale. Of course that's not always true, but is what I have observed.
Stew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 06:34 PM   #3
Quarry Creeper

2.2s most of the time are on comp scalers that need gratuitous axle clearance. They dont look as scale like /\ this man says because they really look more like a monster truck. Most 2.2 tires are in the 5" range so they are similar in comparison to a 50+inch tire on a 1:1 which has to usually sit really high to clear them. Most scalers are kept really low to hide the rc components therfore looking more realistic. 1.9s and 1.55 allow for a lower sitting truck without cutting up fenders and panels to accommodate say a 2.2 tire.
blukon98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 07:18 PM   #4
On the lookout for Rocks

The only difference b/w the 2 is the wheel size...1.9s or 2.2s....bottom line.
constantmotion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 05:23 PM   #5
Quarry Creeper

Ok fellas, got another 'newb' question for ya's. I have a Axial AX-10 Scorpion and just recently bought some Honcho Take offs (wheels/tires and body) and I just bought a chassis too, sooooo...my question is: Anyone know if I can take all my running gear off my Scorpion and put all that on the Honcho chassis and basically have a honcho? I dont have the chassis yet so I cant measure up
Old 09-14-2010, 07:16 PM   #6
I wanna be Dave

pretty much. the ax10 shocks are different I would switch out to some scx10 shocks as well. links should be pretty close might be a little long..

You are in Akron Oh???
sloppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 07:21 PM   #7
Quarry Creeper

I have Integy shocks on there right now so hopefully I'll be ok there? I was wondering about the links...that was my biggest worry really lol. And, no I'm not in Akron, OH....Im in Akron, IN...about 45min. South of South Bend. Thanks again for the help fellas
Old 09-14-2010, 08:42 PM   #8
R2j
SORRCA Committee Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by M109R View Post
I have Integy shocks on there right now so hopefully I'll be ok there? I was wondering about the links...that was my biggest worry really lol. And, no I'm not in Akron, OH....Im in Akron, IN...about 45min. South of South Bend. Thanks again for the help fellas
If your using an SCX10 chassis(Honcho chassis) your links would be fine. Your AX links are the same length as the front of the Honcho, but are a little shorter than the rear. Honchos use 106mm in the rear and your are 98mm. Your wheel base will be roughly 1/2" shorter than the stock Honcho, but that will be fine.

Are you planning on running 2.2 or 1.9? And are the Integy shocks the long ones for the AX or are they shorter than stock? If they're the long ones I would use either stock SCX shocks or something similar in length. On my scalers I run SCX length on my 1.9's and Traxxas big bores on my 2.2's.
R2j is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 03:40 AM   #9
Quarry Creeper

The Integy shocks were already on the truck when I got it, but I have the originals too so I'll have to compare b/c I'm honeslty not sure if they're the same length or shorter. As for wheel size...Im really not sure... I tried putting the 1.9's on my axles, but the stock hubs are just a fuzz too big it seems. I couldnt get the wheels (1.9) to fit right? I know it may sound odd, but I'll try and take pics. if I can find my USB for my digital so you guys can see what i'm talking about. I'm really leaning toward the 2.2's on this truck and build another with the 1.9's. I never had a 1.9 so when I got the 1.9 wheels/tires in yesterday I was really surprised in how HUGE a difference there was overall lol.