Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs General Tech > General Scale Talk

Notices

Thread: Rc4wd Trail stomper? opinions on it.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-31-2011, 04:28 PM   #1

Question Rc4wd Trail stomper? opinions on it.

Thinking of buying one just wanting some opinions,comments you all have. I already own a Honcho but I'm wanting leaf springs.
JH HONCHO SCX10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-31-2011, 04:59 PM   #2
RCC Addict

That TrailStomper is a really cool little scale truck. I think that its more "Show" than "Go" though. Even more so when compared to your Axial Honcho. I've never owned a TrailStomper but, I think It's safe to say that the Axial would walk all over it in terms of performance.
So, it depends what your looking for. You already have the Honcho so, If you got the TrailStomper.. You could have a taste of both "show" and "go"?
Die-Laughing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 07:26 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by die-laughing View Post
That TrailStomper is a really cool little scale truck. I think that its more "Show" than "Go" though. Even more so when compared to your Axial Honcho. I've never owned a TrailStomper but, I think It's safe to say that the Axial would walk all over it in terms of performance.
So, it depends what your looking for. You already have the Honcho so, If you got the TrailStomper.. You could have a taste of both "show" and "go"?
Thanks for your opinion i agree with you. I know my honcho goes pretty Good its stock except for the brass work I've done. I've also thought about putting leafs on the honcho. But there's the other part of me wanting another truck more for the scale look. I really want a hilux body and try out the styrene on a dash.
Old 08-31-2011, 08:39 PM   #4
I joined the Band!

Quote:
Originally Posted by die-laughing View Post

I see that both of you are new here on the forum so welcome... that being said never take advice from somone who hasnt actually owned what they are talking about or driven one. I have done both and the stomper is one killer truck personally I build all of my trucks on the scx10 chassis due to locally buying parts and their availability to me. The trailstomper was a sweet truck only issue I had was the axles the ring gear wasnt made for brushless systems but you can upgrade it so its up to you but the truck was a ton of fun. good luck and let us know what you choose.
bayareaaxial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 08:09 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by bayareaaxial View Post
I see that both of you are new here on the forum so welcome... that being said never take advice from somone who hasnt actually owned what they are talking about or driven one. I have done both and the stomper is one killer truck personally I build all of my trucks on the scx10 chassis due to locally buying parts and their availability to me. The trailstomper was a sweet truck only issue I had was the axles the ring gear wasnt made for brushless systems but you can upgrade it so its up to you but the truck was a ton of fun. good luck and let us know what you choose.
Hi there thanks for your opinion. I love this forum I'm constantly on here. I myself think the stomper would be badass. I gotta lot of thoughts brewing in my head about this one.
Old 09-01-2011, 08:51 AM   #6

I'm thinking 1.9's and a hilux cab with some tube work. I know everyone in there brother has a hilux but they are just to good looking. I've got a old body laying around that was once something my father had. It's the Nissan from the big bear I might try it out
Old 10-02-2011, 10:15 AM   #7

I have the trail stomper. I will tell you this, stock... SUCKS
However, you can make the truck better by removing the springs from the shocks. I did that and removed the two leafs that sandwhich the main leaf spring. Also when buying that truck beware its slow, and fragile.

I wold go with a diff truck if i did it all over again.

But with a little bit of money I am sure i can make it better than my scx10
mattmc804 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 10:28 AM   #8
Pebble Pounder

Wow mattmc804 and bayareaaxial have completely different experiences with this rig. I haven't owned the TrStomper but have looked at it a few times. Nice collection of parts for the money, but the SCX10 is a very good platform and has several leaf kits to choose from. Afriend in my club has a Murai BigBear body on a shortened scx chassis with Losi mini (?) axles, does great in Class 1.
Maxwedge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 05:02 PM   #9
Jeep whore

if you just want it for the leafsprings, just get the handbros leafspring kit for the honcho
scale4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 10:13 PM   #10
Quarry Creeper

i was about to post this exact same question...it sure looks like a fun little truck and i love the look of the leafs...i hate making decisions...
briang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 09:47 AM   #11
I wanna be Dave

A buddy has one and brought it to an event we had and I wasn't impressed at all. The steering servo is mounted to the chassis already but it hangs down below the chassis right in front and takes a beating. It's just poorly designed if you ask me. I also noticed how fragile it was, like someone else said.
rckjeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 10:24 AM   #12
Status...ADDICTED!

I bought one and I love it...for what it is. A scale truck not designed for hard core offroading, in it's stock form at least. My drivelines busted after the first 20' of running but after upgrading to punisher shafts it has been great. Also got some of RC4WD red "super soft" leafs and that helped make it a little less rigid. It has a little bit of flex now. It is definitely worth the purchase price!
One thing to add...the body that it comes with it a piece of junk.

Last edited by ceedawwg; 10-10-2011 at 10:27 AM.
ceedawwg is offline   Reply With Quote