Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs General Tech > General Scale Talk

Notices

Thread: Tamiya re release Bruiser.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-03-2012, 07:47 PM   #61

Default Re: Tamiya re release Bruiser.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blazerbogger View Post
Man, that just made my parts collection value tank.
yep ill wait for thos parts lol only thing be worth any thing to me be the old tranny i beleave its the only thing thats diff, anything else match up to the old
rcdave2260 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-03-2012, 08:28 PM   #62
DVS
Pebble Pounder

TAMIYA 1/10 TOYOTA 4X4 PICK-UP BRUISER - YouTube
DVS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 05:14 PM   #63
Pebble Pounder

For someone who never had one can somebody explain why this is a big deal ? $1200 for a toy truck is pretty stupid. I could buy lockers for my truck and still have money left over if i install it myself.
builder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 06:07 PM   #64

Quote:
Originally Posted by builder View Post
For someone who never had one can somebody explain why this is a big deal ? $1200 for a toy truck is pretty stupid. I could buy lockers for my truck and still have money left over if i install it myself.
Back in the 80's the Bruiser was the only truck of its kind, a lot of folks were born to late and could only find them on ebay, paying upwards of $2,000 for the privilege to put a virgin one together.
Now with the scale truck market Tamiya decided it was a good time to bring it back. I think they were 4 or 5 years too late.
4xdork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 06:10 PM   #65

I ran my old one today..... 2WD revers SUCKS!!
4xdork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 10:02 PM   #66
Pebble Pounder

I ordered my truck today from rpp i cant wait, for those who dont have love for the truck thats fine dont buy it, for those who hate the changes tough luck buy a vintage one, i for one love anything good tamiya offers and it may be out performed by cheap truck these days but i rather have something with history behind it.
FAT-T 88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 11:59 PM   #67
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by FAT-T 88 View Post
I ordered my truck today from rpp i cant wait, for those who dont have love for the truck thats fine dont buy it, for those who hate the changes tough luck buy a vintage one, i for one love anything good tamiya offers and it may be out performed by cheap truck these days but i rather have something with history behind it.
lol.." out performed by cheap trucks". sig worthy!

Last edited by Erbing; 02-05-2012 at 12:06 AM.
Erbing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 06:30 AM   #68

Quote:
Originally Posted by builder View Post
Its the truck that started the scale market off I suppose. It does look beautiful, fantastically scale engineered. Having said that I've no desire to get one, if its anything like Tamiya's other 3 speeds its not a particularly exciting drive and there are just as good looking other trucks out there for less money.

As 4xdork points out Tamiya are a bit late to the show with this release. If they had brought it out in about 2007 people would have fallen over themselves to get it, probably would have been cheaper too.
mobias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 12:27 PM   #69
Quarry Creeper

Looks like Tower Hobbies will be selling it for the low price of $789.99
redjones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 09:04 AM   #70
Pebble Pounder

Mine is currently in UK customs - should see it by Monday hopefully.

Given my Gmade R1 is set up as a rock racer rather than crawler i'm not sure what my Bruiser will end up as lol!
Percymon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 03:01 AM   #71
Pebble Pounder

Collected mine from the parcel depot on Monday - huge, huge box. Brilliantly packaged by Stella Models, reinforced outer cardboard box, additional styrene sheet and bubble wrap inside the Tamiya box. It took 20 minutes to reach the contents !

No import duty so very happy with my first purchase from Stella...

Old 03-28-2012, 06:57 AM   #72
I wanna be Dave

Nice, now get some build up pics , i am waiting on the parts list to get some extra parts for my og hilux this time around
cartronicshn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 07:42 AM   #73
I wanna be Dave

apparently i need a ba-25 part from the rear axle from the new kit but it doesn't come with locking hubs for the front axle so i would have to change to the full time 4wd system from the bruiser when mine go
cartronicshn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 05:58 AM   #74
Pebble Pounder

Not sure when, or if, i'll be building this - i have a few other projects to finish off first (and i seem to be acquiring new ones as quick as i finish existing ones !).

Its a big build for sure - Joe Anderson has his detailed on the TamiyaUSA site if you want to see the components and build process.
Old 05-13-2012, 03:22 PM   #75
Pebble Pounder

I got mine built and driven it a bit as well while finishing the body.

I am wondering how your supposed to keep the axles from rotating up and down as you drive.

The pinion angle goes up and down so much that the driveshafts want to eat away at my electronics box and front of the tranny.

Are we supposed to just epoxy them in place or something?

I know the old axles had perches which makes sense, this thing just grips around the smooth tube which doesnt hold them in place.
flomofo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 11:01 AM   #76
Quarry Creeper

made a few changes
and finished my 2012 bruiser

put on 1.9's and ditched the cap for a rollbar

william g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 08:57 AM   #77
Rock Crawler

Got mine last Saturday for €635.- From a German model-shop. €100.- cheaper than overhere, in the Netherlands.
I am waiting for a roll-bar set from Germany. (just 9€. Not too shabby for an original part) i am in the process of re-building it into a Mountaineer. I never liked the sleeper-cab. I will probably weather the sleeper like mad, and affix it to my "hawaii-style hi-lux" seems right somehow, a crappy sleeper for some unwashed surf-punk...

Only thing that will be a hard find, is the mountaineer-sticker-set. Mebbe someone has some repro's

One thing that immediately struck me is the noise, or rather, lack thereoff. I run a HPI 35t cheapie on a kyosho perfex lipo-compatible ESC, ripped from my Ultima DB.
The damn thing is spooky silent.. Really!

For a transmitter I use a Carson Reflex 6ch. It has a 3-pos switch. Works like a charm for the 3-speed.

I love the old/new coot to bits. The technology is simply baffling. The 3-speed is a thing of beauty (for the mechanically-inclined, that is)
I am no purist, so, I don't mind that the axles aren't Toyota-specific. I especially do not mind that it bounces like a kangaroo with a sugar-rush. It's all part of that "classic Tamiya"-feeling. I am odd like that.....

On a final note: I dó believe there's more coming, based on this chassis and it's newly designed gear-box. (Blazin' Blazer? Original Hi-lux?) tamiya aren't in the business of waisting time&money on one-offs.
I guess the all-new metal gearbox and shifter will end-up in quite a few tractor-trailers too. There are extra lugs on it that point to more uses than just the Bruiser.

They are about to corner the scale-market me thinks. The axles alone triggered tóns of ideas in me for crawlers, monster-trucks etc... I hope they will release the axles as a set, like they did for the Clod, and the F-350.

Last edited by Jay-Em; 07-12-2012 at 09:20 AM.
Jay-Em is offline   Reply With Quote

Tamiya re release Bruiser. - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
***Tamiya Bruiser Re-Release Petition*** 1BadJeepBruiser General Scale Talk 132 06-22-2009 11:34 AM
Tamiya re release hilux? gpwpat Paint and Body 29 08-06-2007 07:29 PM
Another Re-Release from Tamiya JasonInAugusta Chit Chat 29 01-15-2007 01:13 AM
Tamiya re-release Red Rockcrawler Chit Chat 38 04-10-2006 11:07 AM
Bruiser re-release?!?!?!?! thaclodking Chit Chat 46 11-24-2005 01:22 PM