Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs General Tech > General Scale Talk

Notices

Thread: Solid axle prerunner 1st build

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-27-2012, 06:56 PM   #1
Rock Stacker

Default Solid axle prerunner 1st build

Hi guys Im new to scale Rc style but not new to rcs, first was when i was 11 my grandpa gave me his blackfoot then got a traxxas bandit and so on and so on. I love the look and style and challenge so Im ready to dive head first, but Im wanting a some what different route, Id like to build a solid axle prerunner like Ivan stewart meets Kings of Hammers with full body with out going axial,I wanna go fast, hit jumps and be able to crawl while having a full body scale look like an old baja 1000 bronco or f150. My question is should I buy a leaf or linked kit roller and what brands are out there dont get me wrong I like axial but would like to go with something else, also I have a slash with a 4500kw mamba brushless system in my slash that Im willing to take the tranny and motor setup out of to build my own from scratch but would like to get some thread links if you guys have done your own build. Any advice or help will be very much appreciated, Thank you.
koltkarle is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-27-2012, 08:43 PM   #2
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: Solid axle prerunner 1st build

Quote:
Originally Posted by koltkarle View Post
Hi guys Im new to scale Rc style but not new to rcs, first was when i was 11 my grandpa gave me his blackfoot then got a traxxas bandit and so on and so on. I love the look and style and challenge so Im ready to dive head first, but Im wanting a some what different route, Id like to build a solid axle prerunner like Ivan stewart meets Kings of Hammers with full body with out going axial,I wanna go fast, hit jumps and be able to crawl while having a full body scale look like an old baja 1000 bronco or f150. My question is should I buy a leaf or linked kit roller and what brands are out there dont get me wrong I like axial but would like to go with something else, also I have a slash with a 4500kw mamba brushless system in my slash that Im willing to take the tranny and motor setup out of to build my own from scratch but would like to get some thread links if you guys have done your own build. Any advice or help will be very much appreciated, Thank you.
Depends what era of 1000 racing you want to look like. Early broncos 70s had live axel coil sprung front meaning a link axle, early f 150s had t t b suspension, I'm not sure about the bronco rear but the f 150 was leaf sprung actually f 100.
f y I I hope it helps

Last edited by lonleycreeper; 02-27-2012 at 08:53 PM.
lonleycreeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 02:57 PM   #3
Rock Stacker

Default Re: Solid axle prerunner 1st build

Thank you lonley creeper ya im thinking of coil front and leaf sprung rear what solid axles do you guys know of thatll hold up to a brushless speed motor not for insane bashing but for a track or around that yard
koltkarle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 09:37 AM   #4
Pebble Pounder

You will need som track bars I'n the rear, I think if you would get an axial dingo and put the hand brothers kit on the front and leaf I'n the rear should be a close and bolt on setup
pook is offline   Reply With Quote

Solid axle prerunner 1st build - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New member with CC01 solid front axle build BigSwede Tamiya XC/CC01 29 02-02-2011 02:33 PM
Solid Axle Short Course Build sourdojack Non Crawler RC's 6 12-01-2009 08:37 PM
My Solid Axle Build Up standupjetskir Traxxas Crawlers 27 01-17-2006 09:18 AM