RCC Addict

Default Re: Wolf Creek RC Scale Park

Awesome work!
HDMM is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-06-2012, 08:07 PM   #42
Quarry Creeper

wow. I wanna play there.. btw.. how long does it take you to build it?
heyisTi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 09:03 AM   #43
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by HDMM View Post
Awesome work!
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by heyisTi View Post
wow. I wanna play there.. btw.. how long does it take you to build it?
It would be hard to say how long it took because when I started clearing it 10 years ago, I didn't have a plan. I guess I still don't but at least I've got a direction, sort of...

But all clearing/burning/weed eatin'/round up spraying has been over 10 years & all the scale stuff, trees & improvements have been over the last 3 years.

Next project is a campground. Vintage late 50's Florida, Auqua marine, tiki torches, pink flamingos, etc. I've drawn up plans for "Starlight Campground" neon sign & 1962 Shasta Astroflyte camper. party on!
DRW-FJ40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 12:21 PM   #44
Dam
Pebble Pounder

Just amazing.....
Dam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 12:30 PM   #45
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRW-FJ40 View Post
Is a scale lake in the works, just noticed the cabin cruiser....great job!
BC Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 01:57 PM   #46
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by BC Racing View Post
Is a scale lake in the works, just noticed the cabin cruiser....great job!
Scale lake is in the works. The cabin cruiser is a super sweet model. It's a Dumas 1954 Chris craft. A friend of mine built it.

I don't think I'll have anything that big on my lake. I have some midwest canoe models & a Dumas Snipe sailboat kit sitting up on a shelf in the basement.

With the lake, I want to have a 4WD ferry service that move a barge like raft back and forth & carry maybe 2 trucks. Something like this:

Old 06-07-2012, 06:24 PM   #47
Rock Crawler

You know what would be trick? If you had a set of rollers on the deck of the barge that was attached to a winch of some sort so when the truck drives down onto the barge it stops in the rollers. Then when you give the truck throttle the truck wheels turn the rollers (like on a car dyno) which run the winch/cable. Once the barge reaches the other size the winch maxes out, stopping the rollers, giving the truck traction to drive off the rollers and barge.
dont slow down is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 05:50 PM   #48
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by dont slow down View Post
You know what would be trick? If you had a set of rollers on the deck of the barge that was attached to a winch of some sort so when the truck drives down onto the barge it stops in the rollers. Then when you give the truck throttle the truck wheels turn the rollers (like on a car dyno) which run the winch/cable. Once the barge reaches the other size the winch maxes out, stopping the rollers, giving the truck traction to drive off the rollers and barge.
That would be killer! I don't know if they have them in the real 1:1 world, but it would make crossing the ferry in 1:10 fun!
Old 06-10-2012, 11:37 PM   #49

Wow, you have an amazing course! Definitely given me inspiration to start working on my own.
Huggy Bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 03:17 PM   #50
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huggy Bear View Post
Wow, you have an amazing course! Definitely given me inspiration to start working on my own.
Cool! glad it helped with some inspiration. It's a lot of fun to make.
Old 06-14-2012, 03:25 PM   #51
Rock Crawler

It's all about keeping out "the hand of God" ya know?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRW-FJ40 View Post
That would be killer! I don't know if they have them in the real 1:1 world, but it would make crossing the ferry in 1:10 fun!
dont slow down is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 10:38 AM   #52
Quarry Creeper

Hey drw great job on your park! I have had to put all my rc projects on hold. I can't wait to start building again and get back into driving my truck. Its been sitting on the shelf way too long and I haven't been checking out the forum either. Hopefully checking out you're threads will spark something to get me back on wagon, you're work is very inspiring.
all_scaled_out is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 08:03 PM   #53
Rock Crawler

Wow. Just, wow. Now I'm looking around the yard thinking of every available scrap usable for the garden side of the yard.
Nvghostrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 10:11 PM   #54
RCC Addict

WoW!! now thats Awesome!!! You just gave me all kinds of ideas for my crawler area
Great job
prusik333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 06:31 AM   #55
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by all_scaled_out View Post
Hey drw great job on your park! I have had to put all my rc projects on hold. I can't wait to start building again and get back into driving my truck. Its been sitting on the shelf way too long and I haven't been checking out the forum either. Hopefully checking out you're threads will spark something to get me back on wagon, you're work is very inspiring.
Yea, I was wondering what you were up to. Figured you must have got side tracked on lizards or mermaids or something. I've been thinking about a beach themed project. I had gotten the bamboo to start a beach hut & it ended up turning into a jungle bridge but I still have various pieces, surfboard, roof thatching, sea turtle so... maybe next winter. I find it hard to put a lot of time into indoor projects this time of year. I have a campround idea as well, sort of vintage 50's south Florida, aquamarine, pink flamingos, etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nvghostrider View Post
Wow. Just, wow. Now I'm looking around the yard thinking of every available scrap usable for the garden side of the yard.
Thanks, lately, I've been working on the garden side of the project. It's all fun but as much as I want to get started on another "structure", I like working outside this time of year & I actually have some trucks that need attention. (TF2 coming soon!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by prusik333 View Post
WoW!! now thats Awesome!!! You just gave me all kinds of ideas for my crawler area
Great job
Thanks, post some pics.
Old 07-06-2012, 01:01 PM   #56
Quarry Creeper

Thankfully I sold all the lizards except my adults. I started to put up drywall in my garage an need to finish it once it stops raining. I'm going to do something with my pond. I just don't know how I would make it look more natural an hide the over lapping liner. Maybe a pier an a boardwalk. Currently I have the shelter in my lizards enclosure. She hides under it an occasionally she'll get up on the roof. Since I cleared a lot out next to pond I can start building that area up with a jungle/everglades swamp theme. I need to add a waterfall to keep water circulating.
all_scaled_out is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 06:58 AM   #57
Rock Crawler

I think you're on to somthing big with that pond idea.

A pond is in my future but I think my next project will be a 50's campground.
Old 07-09-2012, 08:12 AM   #58
Rock Crawler

Just received my September RC Driver issue and seen a glorious site! Congrats to you for making the front page and taking the lead in showing the world what a real scale track looks like! Before the magazine , I was all ways checking your work and attention to details like the tiki lights and that crazy move around moose! Thanks for your dedication in the RC world!
17dean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 08:33 AM   #59
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by 17dean View Post
Just received my September RC Driver issue and seen a glorious site! Congrats to you for making the front page and taking the lead in showing the world what a real scale track looks like! Before the magazine , I was all ways checking your work and attention to details like the tiki lights and that crazy move around moose! Thanks for your dedication in the RC world!
Thanks! I knew they we're doing a story. I was on vacation when they were writing it & we kept missing each other on the phone so I haven't seen it yet & don't know much more than it would be in an upcoming issue. What do you mean by "front page", it's not on the cover, is it?
Old 07-09-2012, 08:43 AM   #60
Rock Crawler

Its not the big front page covering but its right under the RC Driver banner tho! Has a blue Jeep on the bridge!

Last edited by 17dean; 07-09-2012 at 08:43 AM. Reason: spelling
17dean is offline   Reply With Quote

Wolf Creek RC Scale Park - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Wolf Creek ORV Park DRW-FJ40 Tamiya CR-01 11 11-22-2011 06:22 AM
My Hilux in Wolf Creek RC ORV Park DRW-FJ40 1.9 Scale Rigs 11 09-15-2011 10:08 AM
My Honcho in the Wolf Creek RC ORV Park DRW-FJ40 Axial SCX-10 33 07-27-2011 07:29 AM
Eaton Canyon Park or Malibu Creek State Park landrover4wd California 1 11-03-2009 06:26 PM
Panther creek park Sevier Crawler Tennessee 54 09-06-2009 10:29 AM