Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs General Tech > General Scale Talk

Notices

Thread: axial SCX10 dingo kit

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-23-2012, 02:22 AM   #1

Default axial SCX10 dingo kit

okay guys i think my next rc will be the dingo kit. so i have been doing countless research on what i will need for the scaler. as far as a servo goes, i think i will go with the traxxas waterproof servo. the reson for that servo is because im pretty new to the hobby and dont feel confident that i can waterproof a $60 or even $100 servo properly. and i am not too sure on what battery i should go with. I might go with nimh since they are cheap and 7.4v lipo batteries will run your wallet dry faster than your ex girlfriend. and what would be a good 2.4ghz transmitter i should use? keep in mind im kind of being on a short budget so all the stuff needs to get the job done, not overkill it. and keep in mind the transmitter needs to be durable in case i drop it on the trails or something. and i am planning to water-resist the car with marine grease. so what are your opinions guys?
RCGecko is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-23-2012, 05:54 AM   #2
Rock Crawler

Default Re: axial SCX10 dingo kit

as far as servos, id get a hitec WP one if your worried about sealing one your self, its stronger than the traxxas and has metal gears.
flysky gt3-b radio

lipos are dirt cheap now, check out hobbyking.com, pick U.S warehouse and shipping wont kill ya. or hobbypartz.com.
do you have a charger?
stanmondz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 08:55 AM   #3
RCC Addict

The traxxas servo will do find in the dingo as long as your running 1.9's. As for lipos, you can get them dirt cheap many places. Hobbyking and hobbypartz both have good selections of batteries and chargers.
Mirage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 12:55 PM   #4

i do not have a charger for large lipo batteries. i just have a small charger for an xceleron 7.4v 250mah lipo for my 1:24 rally car. is there a particular brand of lipo i shopuld go with? im looking to have it be waterproof.
RCGecko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 01:03 PM   #5
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCGecko View Post
i do not have a charger for large lipo batteries. i just have a small charger for an xceleron 7.4v 250mah lipo for my 1:24 rally car. is there a particular brand of lipo i shopuld go with? im looking to have it be waterproof.
Charger:

Thunder AC680 Professional Dual-Power LiPo Balance Charger/Discharger w/ AC Adapter for 1-6 Lipo/ 1-15 Nimh + USB to PC Software

Lots of people including myself have and use this one, its awesome and has a ton of features for the price.

As for Lipo's, they waterproof as is.... basically if air could get to them, they would ignite, so water is not getting into them.

HobbyKing R/C Hobby Store : sells turnigy batteries, great price batteries and a lot of people here use them as well. Just make sure that if your ESC doesn't have a lipo cut off that you pick up a lipo low voltage meter that plugs into the balance port on the battery while your running it. I reccomend one that beeps to let you know when it's low and also displays the voltage of each cell digitally.
Mirage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 01:15 PM   #6
Rock Crawler

the traxxas servo will work, but the plastic gears wont be happy long
stanmondz is offline   Reply With Quote

axial SCX10 dingo kit - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
SCX10 Dingo kit drive shafts binding Hypn0t1q79 Axial SCX-10 14 01-17-2013 01:26 AM
Need some advice got my SCX10 Dingo kit natskiboy Axial SCX-10 105 05-07-2012 05:47 AM
Please critique my parts list for scx10 dingo kit BubbaEinstein Newbie General 12 03-12-2012 04:55 PM
my new axial dingo kit mud_life_19 1.9 Scale Rigs 5 12-18-2011 12:34 PM